• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not to derail but just as a PSA since September is stupidly packed, thus expensive, Creature in the Well is day 1 on gamepass (which I didn't know) for those with access to that.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
SUPERHOT port seems awesome so far?
I had no idea GYRO CONTROLS
And they work great, this has instantly turned into the best version I own besides the OCULUS QUEST one.

But how the hell do I reset the camera? Hopefully I'm missing something or they need to patch it in, stat!

Hopefully the port will hold up even on later levels but at the moment it blows the Xbox/PC version out of the water.

Does the PS4 version support gyro controls?

Was gonna pick up Super Hot until I read that the campaign can ben beaten in 3 hours.

$25 for a 3 hour campaign and some challenges is way too steep for me.

To be fair you should look at it like you do STGs/arcade games. There's quite a bit of (awesome) content.
Still, it's less than $8 on the Russian eShop.

Looks like the original tweet that article is based on was mistrandlated... Here's a correction

These digital versions are completely separate things instead of the latter being the "premium" one. One has the arcade games and the other the console ones :l

Ok fuck 'em.
They are fucking NUTS :(

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That indie direct yesterday has me spending quite a bit of money... especially if I double dip and get portable Superhot. I really want to get Doom on the Switch, any word if they are patching the game to fix the horrible audio issues? Also is the whole sleep mode issue where the game pretty much freezes up been fixed yet? I'd love to have a decent portable version of Doom but those are kinda deal breakers for me :(

Next month looks packed though... Zelda and Astral Chain are must buys and Ori as well. And then there's all the other stuff coming... sorry wallet ;)

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
SuperHot is quite fun but REALLY short, at least the story mode. I was surprised to finish it so fast yesterday, and would have probably been upset if I bought it the normal price in Europe.
I'm going through the endless modes now, but I doubt that I'll spend more than 7-8 hours with it in total.

I liked the stroy mode, I wished it was beefier.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Even the friggin' physical release of Aggelos is September. >_> Collection of Mana might as well be too (last day of August or something).

A bunch of games + bunch of Amiibo that I want. Wish companies would spread this stuff out better.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Pre-order for Torchlight II is up ($19.99) - day zero for me!

torchlight-ii-pets.jpg

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
My upcoming Switch stuff is looking a bit like this:

Aug 22: Puyo Puyo
Aug 23: Mekabolt
Aug 27: Collection of Mana
Aug 28: Whipseey and the Lost Atlas
Aug 29: Vambrace: Cold Soul
Aug 30: Astral Chain
Sep 03: Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
Sep 05: River City Girls
Sep 20: Link's Awakening
Sep 20: Ni no Kuni
Sep 27: Dragon Quest XI S
Oct 04: Ghostbusters Remastered
Oct 11: Alliance Alive Remastered

Lord have mercy.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And that's FFVIII this month alongside River City Girls and Blasphemous.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
SuperHot is quite fun but REALLY short, at least the story mode. I was surprised to finish it so fast yesterday, and would have probably been upset if I bought it the normal price in Europe.
I'm going through the endless modes now, but I doubt that I'll spend more than 7-8 hours with it in total.

I liked the stroy mode, I wished it was beefier.
Having played and finished the PC version, I agree that the campaign length leaves a lot to be desired, especially when
you start getting into the possession mechanic. It almost felt like the spiritual (pun) successor to Geist!
They really should have more stages that explored that mechanic, and perhaps elaborated more on the backstory.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Tempted to grab this as I never launched my PC copy, but I already have Diablo 3 and it's more or less the same, right ?
I haven't played Torchlight 2 yet (I have Diablo 3), but I read about it a bit, and I would think that it is more or less the same as Diablo 3 in the same way as 2 platformer games would be more or less the same, or the way 2 FPS games would be more or less the same. :-) But as I wrote, I haven't played it yet.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Tempted to grab this as I never launched my PC copy, but I already have Diablo 3 and it's more or less the same, right ?
More or less, yes. Though Torchlight 2 is more in the vain of D2 so current comparisons would be more like Grim Dawn or Path of Exiles in that you actually have skill trees with synergy etc. Gameplay loop is quite similar though.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I only played Torchlight 2 with a million mods so I guess it will be novel to actually play the vanilla game lol. I never even played the vanilla classes.

Also this is out in 7 days (first on Switch apparently, 3 days later on the rest) and I've never heard of it, which is weird because it looks right up my alley

Last edited:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I only played Torchlight 2 with a million mods so I guess it will be novel to actually play the vanilla game lol. I never even played the vanilla classes.

Also this is out in 7 days (first on Switch apparently, 3 days later on the rest) and I've never heard of it, which is weird because it looks right up my alley

Yeah, I posted about it here on Friday. Definitely picking this up day one. Hopefully the gameplay and combat is as good to play as it looks.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Pix the Cat has major issues with local multiplayer. We tried playing and got game-ending crashes over and over every few minutes. Hopefully they're pushing a major update soon to resolve.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
There are way too many long games I really want to play coming out next month. Dragon Quest XI, Torchlight 2, Ni No Kuni, Final Fantasy VIII... I do have the money to buy them, but I don't have the time to play them :(

And that's on top of Fire Emblem, which I've only played for a few hours, and Grandia on my wishlist.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Bloodstained is 20% off in the EU but I assume it's still a mess?

Unfortunately Curse of the Moon (the 8bit style prequel) is not on sale :/

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

It's not been patched yet since launch.

That said, I've greatly enjoyed what I've played of it, not done yet but I have gotten a good chunk through the game (about 30 hours). It's a flawed port in it's current state but still playable.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Heads up just in case anyone else has been living under the same rock I have -- Hotline Miami is really fucking hard and frustrating.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got paid today which means it's time to triple dip on both Hotline Miami games and play them to completion yet again. It's been way too long.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK

There's been no news at all since the announcement a couple of weeks ago that they needed much longer than originally anticipated for a patch/patches.

Another game Kickstarter project that's been disappointing in its final delivery phase, despite being pretty good up until this stage and the game itself (technical issues aside) being widely regarded as excellent.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
There are way too many long games I really want to play coming out next month. Dragon Quest XI, Torchlight 2, Ni No Kuni, Final Fantasy VIII... I do have the money to buy them, but I don't have the time to play them :(

And that's on top of Fire Emblem, which I've only played for a few hours, and Grandia on my wishlist.
Dragon Quest XI should definitely be the priority among those IMO.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Small thing but I'm so happy with the HLM Collection icon. That art was previously exclusive to an asian-only physical release and I always found it to be the coolest piece of HLM official art.
I really want to get Doom on the Switch, any word if they are patching the game to fix the horrible audio issues? Also is the whole sleep mode issue where the game pretty much freezes up been fixed yet? I'd love to have a decent portable version of Doom but those are kinda deal breakers for me :(
From what I understand the newest patch fixed the sleep mode issue. They're working on a "permanent fix" for the login prompt, whatever that means, and that patch may include a fix for the music too, but they haven't addressed the problem at all. And yeah it's such a bummer, the game plays great on Switch but the music is one of my favorite aspects of the game and these butched tunes are super distracting.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the email that Overland has gone to cert, was going to link the NA eshop page, but there was an error for it, you can search it on Nintendo's site but they may be updated the page for it. Either way I have been following Overland for years after the devs were on the GB E3 aftershow like 3 years ago and I thought they were really cool. So kind of excited to play it.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
The devs posted an update on their discord at the beginning of this month. They said most areas were 60fps but still had to work on plenty others and that 2019 was still "possible in theory", so it sounds like they're cutting it close.

Was looking forward to that this year, I have so many other games it is fine.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing SteamWorld Quest on hard only because I remembered reading a bunch of reviews/impressions that said the game on normal is too easy and... did they patch this game to be harder or do I just suck, cause hard is really tough. Like, unbalanced tough.

It feels like none of my cards do enough damage, the enemies do way too much and my healing options are few and not great. I'm sure the game becomes more manageable when I get better cards/decks but the opening hours are rough.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Just started playing SteamWorld Quest on hard only because I remembered reading a bunch of reviews/impressions that said the game on normal is too easy and... did they patch this game to be harder or do I just suck, cause hard is really tough. Like, unbalanced tough.

It feels like none of my cards do enough damage, the enemies do way too much and my healing options are few and not great. I'm sure the game becomes more manageable when I get better cards/decks but the opening hours are rough.
Honestly I played on the default difficulty and thought it was just right.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I love that stupid fat unicorn pet for Torchlight II lmao. Unfortunately, I already have and played it on PC and I didn't even finish it. I think I got my fill of that genre.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I played around roughly half of Lone Sails last night and I'm really digging it so far.

The puzzles aren't taxing, and maintaining your vehicle/ship? Isn't too stressful, it's just a lovely, relaxing game. It has a stellar soundtrack and superb atmosphere.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I like the look of Blasphemous, but I don't really know a lot about it in regards to its actual gameplay.

Is it rogue like? A metroidvania? Procedurally generated?