• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Let me know what you think! I personally think they've made Three Houses truly a "SRPG for everyone".

Play on Hard/Casual if you're a first timer , I've heard Normal is too easy for everyone... It's basically story mode, with no strategy really needed.
Hard/Casual is 100% the way to go IMO if you are a first timer/want to enjoy FE without the specter of permadeath.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
God Wars The Complete Edition doesnt have english (or any) subtitles when using japanese voices...

giphy.gif

wow

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Re: Forager

I am getting some massive slowdown in the Crystal Caverns. Game runs fine otherwise, and it's not exactly a graphical powerhouse, so I have no idea what's going on there. It's bad enough that it makes going through the dungeon feel like a slog. :/
Had this as well. It was the only part of the whole game so far with any severe lag, and I'm late-game with tons of shit everywhere on the overworld. This is all in handheld mode.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
The price kept it on my wishlist for quite a while before that sale hit. $13.99 was too good to pass up. Though I really did enjoy the game when I finally got around to it.

Bought this today. Bladerunner is my favourite film of all time and this is giving me similar vibes; so even if its mediocre I'm sure I'll enjoy it 😀

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's no physical edition for Pillars of Eternity planned yeah? Just to confirm before plunking down for a 15gb download (trying to be space conservative as I'm nearing my 400gb limit!).

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Found this, I guess digital is it for the foreseeable future as far as POE 1 is concerned.

Ah right, I forgot about this one. I hate those because you can read them as "we're gonna do it later but we're not saying" if you want to. They'll announce it a day after their first post-launch sale ends and I have just bought it. Like always^^

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Thanks for the additional comments on State of Mind, guys, I'm buying it right now.

In other related news, Vasara Collection is 50% off (NA eshop). I see those are apparently overlooked shoot 'em up games (the HG101 feature on them is quite compelling). Any opinions on this? Maybe our great pal 1upsuper played it?

Edit: I see Vasara releases on the 15th, this is a pre-order discount, so obviously we don't know if the port is good. Still, I would like to hear from people who played the original games.

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Thanks for the additional comments on State of Mind, guys, I'm buying it right now.

In other related news, Vasara Collection is 50% off (NA eshop). I see those are apparently overlooked shoot 'em up games (the HG101 feature on them is quite compelling). Any opinions on this? Maybe our great pal 1upsuper played it?

Edit: I see Vasara releases on the 15th, this is a pre-order discount, so obviously we don't know if the port is good. Still, I would like to hear from people who played the original games.
Alas, I've played many shmups, but not those. I did order the physical edition from Strictly Limited Games but that will arrive after the digital release.

Perhaps Epilexia has played then, but he hasn't been around for quite a while. I hope he's alright.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I bought State of Mind on sale (the non sale price seemed steep) and have played through the 1st Chapter and it is indeed a great story driven game and a solid port. I'm so glad to have found this game. A bit of a shame it got lost in the releases last year, in part due to the high price.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Tactics V looks kinda cool, anyone know how the games are?
I meant to respond to this earlier: Tactics V is the first and only game of that kind. It's not a series. The name is a sort-of in-joke from the dev, referring to the prototype codenames:

The dream behind this demo goes with the Roman Numeral five in its name, which was originally the code name differentiating it from four other tactical game systems the programmer, Paul Metcalf, had made.

With a long history playing tabletop wargames and RPGs, Paul always finds a way to slip turn based games into his side projects, including a multi-part Youtube series. While some Unity scripting APIs have changed, the youtube series still helps other devs, or future devs, tackle hurtles in such a project.

This started as a demo, but will be available as a full game, coming to PS4, XBox One, Switch, Steam (PC, Mac, Linux) Q3 2019.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Alas, I've played many shmups, but not those. I did order the physical edition from Strictly Limited Games but that will arrive after the digital release.

Perhaps Epilexia has played then, but he hasn't been around for quite a while. I hope he's alright.

Yeah, at this point I'm thinking he's moved on from ERA. It's just kinda uncharacteristic of him to completely vanish from these threads for three months, and he hasn't been online on Steam in four. :/

Wishing him all the best, whatever the situation may be. :)

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Yeah, at this point I'm thinking he's moved on from ERA. It's just kinda uncharacteristic of him to completely vanish from these threads for three months, and he hasn't been online on Steam in four. :/

Wishing him all the best, whatever the situation may be. :)
Yeah, I sent him some DMs but no response, really hope he's OK

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bought DOOM 3 and POE, too many games! Aaah.

Haven't played DOOM 3 since 2004, looking forward to a replay.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Just finished Doom and it's now my GOTY lol

I just beat the third episode last night and can't wait to tackle the fourth and then on to DOOM II. Playing on the default difficulty and only saving at the start of each level has been a blast. Just the right mix of surprisingly labyrinthine level design and enemy encounters. It might not be my GOTY but it'll definitely be a top five contender at year's end.

I played Doom back in the day. Playing it again on Switch was like meeting the hottest girl from school 25 years later and realizing she's still hot as hell.

I know the port has issues, but I'm not very technical. To me, the game feels the same.

No pun escapes me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just bought Forager, I really should unwatch this thread >_>

Also, it gave me a little scare as it didnt show up in the main menu after I bought it and I was starting to freak out, until it finally popped up. Ill assume its because im at work and the shitty wifi here made it lag out but it gave me a scare lol.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Best-selling titles of July in Europe

01 (02) - Super Mario Maker 2
02 (NE) - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
03 (08) - Minecraft
04 (RE) - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
05 (RE) - Super Mario Party
06 (RE) - Just Dance 2019
07 (RE) - Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
08 (RE) - 911 Operator
09 (NE) - Doom (1993)
10 (RE) - Castle of Heart
11 (RE) - Monopoly
12 (RE) - FIFA 19
13 (05) - Cuphead
14 (01) - Cadence of Hyrule
15 (NE) - Dragon Quest Builders 2

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Did anybody end up grabbing Fantasy Strike?

My friend likes fighting games, but she is still just getting into them, is there enough for her to muck around with on her own? It looks pretty accessible and I dig the art style.

Double

Nov 1, 2017
just bought Forager, I really should unwatch this thread >_>

Also, it gave me a little scare as it didnt show up in the main menu after I bought it and I was starting to freak out, until it finally popped up. Ill assume its because im at work and the shitty wifi here made it lag out but it gave me a scare lol.
just played Forager for like 4 hours straight...

giphy.gif
I'm afraid you'll have to explain that to your boss!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I got the work done in the end, slow night anyway lol. I did have a "wait its what time?" moment tho :p

Double

Nov 1, 2017
I got the work done in the end, slow night anyway lol. I did have a "wait its what time?" moment tho :p
That's the best. Happened to me last with FTL I think and to some extend with Into the Breach. I think I am looking forward to Subset Games next thing, haha.

btw do you remember me from the Steam community thread? Because I remember you, heh.

Best-selling titles of July in Europe

01 (02) - Super Mario Maker 2
02 (NE) - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
03 (08) - Minecraft
04 (RE) - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
05 (RE) - Super Mario Party
06 (RE) - Just Dance 2019
07 (RE) - Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
08 (RE) - 911 Operator
09 (NE) - Doom (1993)
10 (RE) - Castle of Heart
11 (RE) - Monopoly
12 (RE) - FIFA 19
13 (05) - Cuphead
14 (01) - Cadence of Hyrule
15 (NE) - Dragon Quest Builders 2
Thanks for posting. By the way, who or what decides which title is showing up first in the "on sale" screen? Nintendo? Because that exposure is obviously bringing in quite the revenue (in this case for 911 Operator).

Last edited:

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for posting. By the way, who or what decides which title is showing up first in the "on sale" screen? Nintendo? Because that exposure is obviously bringing in quite the revenue (in this case for 911 Operator).
I think it's ordered by sales, so the "on sale" title that sells the most is the first, etc. At least the few times I checked the order of the top "on sale" titles was the same as their order on the best sellers list.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Games are ordered by most to least units sold, which is why the super cheap ones are usually floating at the top, and then it snowballs into even more sales for them from there. Personally I think they should have an option to order games by revenue instead, but I doubt that will ever happen for a myriad of reasons. :/

EDIT: Shot down by a kitty sniper.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
VASARA COLLECTION

Don't let Andro Dunos or Visco's other mediocre STGs attempts fool you, Vasara feels completely different to their previous stuff and straight up looks and feels like a few former Psykio devs had finally set up their own studio and released a Sengoku spin-off series (kinda). They are both great, V and V2. Even tho Vasara 2 recycles quite a bit of stuff. Visually it takes cues from Japan's Edo era in a kinda 'Sengoku meets Guwange' flavor. Graphically I think they are up there with the best looking of the prerendered kind (Blazing Star is probably my favorite), gameplay is very Psykio. Movement is tight, you're going to need it lol, you also rely a lot on melee moves to clean out bullets and send them home. More frantic "Manic" STGs than bullet hell, don't go expecting that but know that the games are quite hard.

I personally can't wait, I just hope they have:
•Decent scanlines filter which doesn't come with unwanted blurry image (pleeease!)
•Online leaderboards (I don't have much hope)
•TATE option (edit: confirmed)

Still, 50%off is such an incredible discount for preordering and having this two classic STGs for less than 5€?! I'm blown away, I was expecting €15 at the very least...this shit is bonkers!

Bought and preloaded, of course.
I really hope people will flock in droves to buy this collection, it's such a fantastic deal/package

Fingers crossed for the emulation's quality.

There's a physical release coming? Wow I'm even more grateful that they've priced it €5 nonetheless. Really hope it sells well, considering people buy 1€ shovelware in droves just cause they're on sale and dirt cheap.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Weirdly enough, after mentioning Subset games earlier today, I got an email for a reply on an old suggestion of mine for Into The Breach on their forum, and it was this:
Can't be a coincidence, can it? Walmart is watching us.
this link works for people who aren't registered on that forum. the "unread" anchor makes it unusable for outsiders.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Serious question:

Should I buy Fire Emblem for $60 this week or pick up Tangledeep + Disgaea 5 for a combined $33?

The Fire Emblem hype is starting to get to me (DQB2 stealing my attention until now) but those discounts are spicy and I have had those games on my wishlist forever.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Serious question:

Should I buy Fire Emblem for $60 this week or pick up Tangledeep + Disgaea 5 for a combined $33?

The Fire Emblem hype is starting to get to me (DQB2 stealing my attention until now) but those discounts are spicy and I have had those games on my wishlist forever.
You're making a stronger case for option 2 than for option 1.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question:

Mmm... that's tough, because I absolutely love Tangledeep, but also Fire Emblem. If you get Disgaea, there's the chance you'll burn out of SRPGs before Fire Emblem, when the latter has current discussion going on to participate in.

So... Tangledeep + Fire Emblem? :P Most expensive option is best.