• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
All I would like to see from the Nintendo E3 Direct is more of this…

70817e1cac14de7d4b43796949c178e3.gif

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
All I really want is Pikmin 4 and more NSO systems but I'll be excited to just get to watch a new Direct again.

Also a new Fire Emblem.

And Fire Emblem x Hyrule Warriors.

And a pony.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the Microsoft rumour will come into play here.

The next 2 weeks are going to be exciting

Plum

May 31, 2018
"Exclusively on software" gives significantly more credence to the idea of a Switch Pro getting revealed before E3.

If Nintendo wasn't going to reveal any new hardware before E3, thus giving no-one any legitimate (i.e. 'not based in rumours/leaks') reason to believe it might be shown, they would have no reason to specify that E3 is only showing software.

They're also very rarely this adamant that a Direct is 'exclusively' showing something; usually using the word 'focus' to leave more room open for surprises outside of said focus.

So, yeah. It's happening, folks!

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that this is clearly E3 branded compared to the Xbox conference that was riding the line.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
This is basically confirming that there will be some other video announcement "exclusively for hardware". I bet we get it in the very near future.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm ready to have my mind blown. Announce the new model and a new fighter for Smash and I'm happy. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusively on software? Sounds like the hardware announcement will indeed be before

Aug 14, 2020
Ah, sucks that I'll be finishing up work and won't be able to enjoy the live reacts etc. STILL, happy we have a date now at least.

The wait for switch pro continues.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
E3 hype building!! Still not expecting botw2 this year though but who knows. I just don't know when they release it with Pokémon taking the big Nov slot.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Just blocked my calendar and cancelled all meetings during that time frame. Let's do this.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
Where's the Pro I want this shit to be over already
I have an og Switch and want them to release the "pro", not because I'll get It (waiting for Switch 2) but that will shut up some people lol.
My thoughts exactly, lol. Too many Switch threads getting polluted with Pro talk/drive-bys when the topic itself isn't even about the Pro (like when Monster Hunter Rise's first trailer had people thinking it was Pro footage). And it feels like I've heard of Pro for the past two years.

Jun 5, 2018
‪We're in the endgame now, based on the fact it's been mentioned in the past two big directs I have to believe botw's sequel will be shown here, if not then I can't imagine when we'll see it‬, they wouldn't of acknowledged it like they have unless they'd planed to do a big reveal again.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
"Exclusively on software" gives significantly more credence to the idea of a Switch Pro getting revealed before E3.

If Nintendo wasn't going to reveal any new hardware before E3, thus giving no-one any legitimate (i.e. 'not based in rumours/leaks') reason to believe it might be shown, they would have no reason to specify that E3 is only showing software.

They're also very rarely this adamant that a Direct is 'exclusively' showing something; usually using the word 'focus' to leave more room open for surprises outside of said focus.

So, yeah. It's happening, folks!

They also seem to have changed their terminology from "games" to "software" deliberately for the NoA tweet, compared to other regions and the official news post.

I mean, they mean the same thing, but yeah. It's either happening earlier or waaaay later, but all signs point to the former from insiders etc.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My only pause on 2 dlc fighters being revealed at E3 is that the second fighter is the final one, and I think Sakurai would rather show that one off in a special "final smash direct" thing separate from E3. My guess is something like E3 starts fight fighter 10 revealed and a "final smash direct in 2 weeks" or something. Then at that final smash direct we start with an overview of the e3 revealed character, have our final character reveal, an overview of them, and then some kind of "thank you for everything" farewell speech/montage from Sakurai.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Give me Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime, Mario Soccer, Splatoon 3 and Fire Emblem. And a Switch Pro Dog of the Wild ports for Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Give me a giant Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC pack that makes people upset it's not a remake of FE4.

Status
Not open for further replies.