• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 52093

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
That's what I was thinking. I feel like this year will showcase a solid amount of the fall titles, so maybe we'll get more early 2020 info in this year's fall direct than the 2018 fall direct? Not to take the focus off E3, just trying to think about what the strategy might be for the rest of the FY.
They rarely, if ever, reveal any major first party games in Fall Directs. It's usually ports/small titles in the early year and a couple a bigger titles scheduled in the second half. If there are no major titles announced for early 2020 at this year's E3, we are heading into another lackluster Q1/Q2 unless third parties make up for it (which I doubt)

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
They rarely, if ever, reveal any major first party games in Fall Directs. It's usually ports/small titles in the early year and a couple a bigger titles scheduled in the second half. If there are no major titles announced for early 2020 at this year's E3, we are heading into another lackluster Q1/Q2 unless third parties make up for it (which I doubt)
Chicken and egg problem. There wasn't much in the last few H1s to announce in a fall direct, and the biggest new release there this year was delayed from 2018.

Wasn't NSMBU DX a fall announcement?

Deleted member 52093

Banned
Jan 17, 2019
Chicken and egg problem. There wasn't much in the last few H1s to announce in a fall direct, and the biggest new release there this year was delayed from 2018.

Wasn't NSMBU DX a fall announcement?
Yes, which is my point. NSMBU and Yoshi were announced for early 2019. LM3 and AC were scheduled with a vague 2019 release. In early 2018 Switch had Labo, Kirby, and Wii U rereleases.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, which is my point. NSMBU and Yoshi were announced for early 2019. LM3 and AC were scheduled with a vague 2019 release. In early 2018 Switch had Labo, Kirby, and Wii U rereleases.
My point is that we don't know if they'd announce major H1 games now or in the fall because there's a really really small sample size of major H1 games. How can you say they don't announce them in the fall when they don't announce them at all?

It's not like it's not enough time, MM2 was announced Q1 and is releasing Q2. Being quiet now doesn't mean much, especially with how much there still is to talk about for 2019.

andrespi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any recent rumor about the nintendo switch "lite"? I have been looking into buying my first switch to use exclusively for handheld/portable mode (don't play at home on tv), but I have been waiting to buy it hoping they would release a smaller/cheaper model. Not sure if I should wait or buy now that it's discounted.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there any recent rumor about the nintendo switch "lite"? I have been looking into buying a switch to use exclusively for handheld/portable mode (don't play at home on tv), but I have been waiting to buy it hoping they would release a smaller/cheaper model.
No hardware at e3. Some are holding out hope that an announcement will come this month, but I'm not very confident

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm curious about what a Wario Ware would be like in Switch. There are many possibilities for the Joycon and the touch screen but they are mutually exclusive. Make a game that you can only half of one way and the other half of the other sounds terribly inefficient.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the leaks have really started. I'm out before I read too much. Good luck y'all, have a fun E3!

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
That Vergeben post aside, it looks like a really slow Sunday. I was expecting more tbh.

Deleted member 52093

Banned
Jan 17, 2019
Everyone is fully expecting No More Heroes 3 to be revealed in the Direct unless his Twitch interview is where the announcement will be at.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Do you think Nintendo will try to the in their games with other media (like Detective Pikachu movie and a Pokemon game releasing this year) in a way that the next 3D Mario platforming game will release closer to the Illumination Mario movie (currently 2022 release window)?

I don't expect it to be that late, Holiday 2021 would also work, and that would leave 2020 free for BOTW 2 or the next mainline 3D Zelda game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think Nintendo will try to the in their games with other media (like Detective Pikachu movie and a Pokemon game releasing this year) in a way that the next 3D Mario platforming game will release closer to the Illumination Mario movie (currently 2022 release window)?

I don't expect it to be that late, Holiday 2021 would also work, and that would leave 2020 free for BOTW 2 or the next mainline 3D Zelda game.
Nope. I have the next 3D Mario by holiday 2021 the latest.

Nov 3, 2017

There's basically a Pokemon game releasing every year. It doesn't really mean anything

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if Metroid 5 and Wario Ware we're both real, but not talked about at this e3. Exciting though!

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any examples? Looking through their discord server now and they got a couple of things right.

Last February direct they predicted a ton of stuff that didn't happen, like Starfox Grand Prix or SMM2 in September. I'm outside so I can't look for the source rn but im sure the others see what I'm talking about.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last February direct they predicted a ton of stuff that didn't happen, like Starfox Grand Prix or SMM2 in September. I'm outside so I can't look for the source rn but im sure the others see what I'm talking about.

Hmm, might have been some bad info. I'm hesitant to go full in on this because VIII remaster not happening would honestly crush me but I'm not giving up just yet either.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Any examples? Looking through their discord server now and they got a couple of things right.
Most of the things that count or were already known (such as Mana Series) or are wrong

From time to time she can be right, like when I said that World of Final Fantasy would be in Switch without having the slightest proof or source.

Oct 26, 2017
Verg's leak seems like a grab bag of various rumors online.

The Spawncast said Bethesda's biggest game was going to be something called Deathloop.

Fallout 76 getting a battle royale mode has been rumored forever.

A lot of these rumors are also taken from Sabi.

IDK.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I need my WarioWare fix badly.

Verge pls

Wario Land as well but I'm not nearly as hopeful. Prove me wrong Nintendo.

They're not going to prove me wrong. ;__;

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deathloop has been trademarked a while ago from Bethesda. Again, fake insiders trying to scrap the bottom of the barrel to get relevancy.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Pretty sure it was SMM2. The AC in September was a different, retailer leak.
Nope (you don't need to try and discredit them that bad, lol). I can't find a single thing about this Mario Maker date, but after some digging and I found this:
n70fBri.png

I wouldn't actually hold either of these against them: they were perfectly sceptical of the Animal Crossing date information, and the "trustworthy" people who told them about Star Fox ended up being Vergeben, so... yeah, trusting him blew up in their face.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand

I made this Miiverse post in 2015, reposted on Twitter when Miiverse closed in 2017. Can't believe we're still waiting.

Please Nintendo! Show it off fully at E3 and announce it's coming out this year (and sooner rather than later this year)! :D

Oct 26, 2017
Deathloop has been trademarked a while ago from Bethesda. Again, fake insiders trying to scrap the bottom of the barrel to get relevancy.

Deathloop was also trademarked as a mobile game... Not sure this is going to be the crown jewel of Bethesda's conference.

Fallout 76 getting a Battle Royale mode I expect to happen though, like 0.65 probability.

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
What offering must I provide to get a new Rhythm Heaven on Switch?

Animal Crossing is cool and all, but I need my RH fix.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I am an insider with the same level of credibility as Verg

I have heard Nintendo is working on a new Mario game that will release eventually, a developer is making this game.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope (you don't need to try and discredit them that bad, lol). I can't find a single thing about this Mario Maker date, but after some digging and I found this:
n70fBri.png

I wouldn't actually hold either of these against them: they were perfectly sceptical of the Animal Crossing date information, and the "trustworthy" people who told them about Star Fox ended up being Vergeben, so... yeah, trusting him blew up in their face.

Found back the discord pic. It was indeed AC for September but also predicted all of this for the previous direct which never panned out. Not to mention the whole SFGP fiasco.
RcQc904_d.jpg

I know what I'm talking about.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Found back the discord pic. It was indeed AC for September but also predicted all if this for the previous direct which never panned out.
RcQc904_d.jpg

I know what I'm talking about.
Only Luigi's Mansion didn't pan out here though. Fire Emblem and Daemon were highlighted, and Animal Crossing was over six months away and didn't get a date (or anything) in the Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.