• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Mass Effect Trilogy maybe? Some more Assassin's Creed ports? Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5? Persona 3?
Oh, so many possibilities....

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
time to bet for Link's awakening! will it...
1. just like the original
2. like original but add some dungeon(s) or/and minigame(s)
3. will have a surprise twisted to the original
4. all of the above as a options
5. YOU THINK IT GONNA BE JUST ONE GAME! BUT SURPRISE IT INCLUDE AGES AND SEASONS!!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo fans for five straight years thinking Retro is gonna show a game this time, for sure, 100%

93ebcdfc0f0ad9cf084b43137a939a6e--peanuts-snoopy-charlie-brown.jpg

Retro? you mean those cowards who won't make DKC Returns 3? they can keep whatever they've got

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it'd be a delay. Nintendo always dates games in calendar year, never in fiscal year. Fire Emblem was indeed delayed at last year's E3.

So Yoshi was delayed too? I thought they had maintained it was an FY18 release in their earnings reports since it was announced.

I guess I could be wrong but I have always thought when they announce years they just take it as meaning "CY or FY" and if it doesn't make it that CY they still don't consider it a delay if it hits that FY.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I literally can't wait.

Every year I say no to the hype.

I say no no no no no no no

No.

No.

No...

N—yessss.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm at a point where i don't want to actually play anything cuz i feel like something awesome is gonna get shadow dropped and i'm gonna drop the thing i'm playing currently for that.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
time to bet for Link's awakening! will it...
1. just like the original
2. like original but add some dungeon(s) or/and minigame(s)
3. will have a surprise twisted to the original
4. all of the above as a options
i hope the 2nd one.
i want a 1:1 remake, with these changes:
1. color dungeon to be reworked
2. another extra hidden dungeon
3. each of the extra dungeons give you one of the extra tunics (red and blue) and you can change between your 3 tunics anytime you want.
4. more photos for the photo album, with a reward for finishing the album
5. master mode, give me a reason to replay after i'm finished. a super tough mode unlocked after beating the game once would be awesome. give me unforgiving souls difficulty.
6. option to play with the original music, either as an item in the first playthrough or something that can only be done after you beat the game once.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Yoshi was delayed too? I thought they had maintained it was an FY18 release in their earnings reports since it was announced.

I guess I could be wrong but I have always thought when they announce years they just take it as meaning "CY or FY" and if it doesn't make it that CY they still don't consider it a delay if it hits that FY.

Yoshi was absolutely delayed as well.
AFAIK the only time Nintendo dates titles using fiscal year terms is for mobile games. Otherwise, it's always calendar year.

Like here, despite that the slide is about the fiscal year, all of those titles are listed for 2019 "calendar year". Releasing even in early 2020 would be a delay.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Looking forward to the hopefully inevitable show floor leaked pics today, I wanna see MUA3's demo area!
i'm at a point where i don't want to actually play anything cuz i feel like something awesome is gonna get shadow dropped and i'm gonna drop the thing i'm playing currently for that.
You see that's why I decided to break out the snes classic, working on lttp right now

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, both are true? It was released in FY18, that's just spreadsheet line itemization for shareholders.

From a consumer perspective they widely confirmed after its no show at E3 it was "delayed to 2019"

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a better picture anyway. It lists most of the games Nintendo plans to release this fiscal year (so from April 2019 to March 2020) but the release dates listed for each title are for the calendar year (so Animal Crossing's 2019 ends on December 31st 2019)
WJm01LH.png

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi was absolutely delayed as well.
AFAIK the only time Nintendo dates titles using fiscal year terms is for mobile games. Otherwise, it's always calendar year.

Like here, despite that the slide is about the fiscal year, all of those titles are listed for 2019 "calendar year". Releasing even in early 2020 would be a delay.

Where in that slide does anything say calendar year?

I mean, both are true? It was released in FY18, that's just spreadsheet line itemization for shareholders.

From a consumer perspective they widely confirmed after its no show at E3 it was "delayed to 2019"

I guess you're right from a consumer perspective. It just felt like they always kinda "cheated" by putting out a nebulous year and using whichever type of year (CY or FY) was more convenient at the time.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Check out my following post. Nintendo dates specific games, in their whole financial briefings, in calendar year. But talks about the fiscal year when it's about the global line-up.

Ah I see what you mean. Exact dates can't exactly be referring to fiscal year dates, so we should assume all of those dates are referring to calendar year dates. I see.

Anyway I still don't think Animal Crossing gets delayed at E3, but I could see it being possible.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There. You can all stop talking about the fiscal year now - Nintendo wasn't referring to that in their Direct lmao.
072d63f9bf7a4c828b63a639b017f8f6.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean the Banjo stuff, is it that hard to believe that we would get a Banjo in Smash, (and all these other hints about Banjo), and not get a new game on the Switch? I mean. If you feel that Banjo in smash is likely (based on what SHinobi said), then I think a logical progression of Banjo on the Switch is ok?

I do agree with about Halo.Gears of War. Besides the rumbling about Xcloud a few months ago, nothing else has come out about that.

But would it be a disappointment to hope for a an Overwatch or Fallout 3? It would have to be something substantial if the leaker used the phrasing 'One down, town to go' in relation to Witcher.
I wouldn't get your hopes up for Overwatch. As mentioned before, Blizzard doesn't really do E3. They typically save their announcements for either Gamescom (which they're skipping this year) or BlizzCon. Even the Switch port of Diablo III was announced around the time of Gamescom 2018.

Deleted member 57278

Banned
May 31, 2019
Hello everyone !

As a Nintendo fan, here's my hopes for a good E3 direct :

- Retro Studios game
- Teaser for next open world Zelda alongside new trailer for Link's Awakening
- Medieval ARPG open-world from Monolith Soft
- Erdrick (and Banjo?) for Smash
- Astral Chain trailer

I think those are in the realms of possibility.

Games that do not hype me at all, but would eventually be nice to play :
- LM 3
- Maybe Animal Crossing considering the Switch portability

Couldn't care about the rest of their games.

Games from my wildest dreams that we won't have :
- Earthbound 3D remake or new 3d episode
- Donkey Kong 3D
- Metroid 3D with 3rd person view and complete control of the camera in partnership with From Software => I'd also love a 3D reboot / remake of Super Metroid
- A good Paper Mario
- 2D HD Metroid
- 3D Wario World with lots of transformations

I guess I dream too much. I'm ready to be disappointed.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im bored so I created announcement tiers.

Never happen tier: SMRPG2, F-Zero, Switch pro, Mario Kart 9 or Diddy Kong Racing
S tier: Odyssey 2, BOTW2, GC VC games, Halo MCC, Geno in Smash, Xbox live full integration, MP4 trailer,
A tier: Redesigned Hardware, Monolith Soft game, Pikmin 4, Zelda TP/WW remaster, Rare Replay, Ori 1-2, Banjo in Smash, Mother 3
B tier: Pikmin 1-3 remaster, Odyssey DLC, SNES VC games, Mario Golf/Strikers, Mario vs. Rabbids 2,
C tier: AC footage/release date, Mario Tennis DLC, Luigis mansion 3 Footage/Release, Wii sports Collection
Waste of time F tier: Mario Vs. DK, Another Labo project, SM3DW remaster, Erdrick in Smash, Any stupid accessory

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
I don't think Nintendo meant FY 2019 when they announced AC, but I could see that being an excuse for it launching in March 2020.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Destroy All Humans skipped Switch. I'm gonna be so mad if another remaster skips Switch too. Like Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Can't imagine waiting until a hypefest like E3 to announce a delay, which immediately makes it an intrinsically Nintendo move.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I'm hoping for at E3 that no one is really talking about?

Some dope new official Joy Con colours/options. It's still so weird to me that Nintendo hasn't tried to cash in on this yet (more than they have been I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.