• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I really want to think Banjo Kazooie for Smash will be announced at Microsoft's conference, but I know it's probably dumb to think that.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like he knows anything anyway. All of his "leaks" can be traced to stuff that exploded semi-publicily in discord circles a few hours/days before he talked about it as his own on Twitter.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
You sure? I think this Orpheus game has a high chance of being Switch-bound.

I didn't catch that tweet. Jason's first tweet made it seem like Ubisoft's take on Breath of the Wild. It seems more like Child of Light in scope, then. It'll probably come to Switch. That doesn't sound AAA, though. What the heck is Ubisoft's third unannounced AAA game for the year? We already know about Watch Dogs 3 and the Rainbow Six PvE game thanks to Schreier.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will admit I'm a little sad that everything will leak. We've waited a whole year for this and everything will leak like the day before.

And once everything leaks people will say how there was no surprises in the Direct.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
I will admit I'm a little sad that everything will leak. We've waited a whole year for this and everything will leak like the day before.

And once everything leaks people will say how there was no surprises in the Direct.
Do you know why everything leaks? Is the direct video revealed to retailers/journalists slightly before the official airing time, or is a list of games sent out?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it sucks. That said, reading the Pokemon leaks didn't kill my enthusiasm during the announcements in the slightest. I just remember thinking "this looks way better than I had imagined based on the leaks".

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The way he careless flaunts the info makes it very easy to track the origins.

I wonder where Sabi and Papa Geno's source comes from...

would think with VR Plant getting pretty much everything right the day before the Pokémon Direct. If he's the one again doing the leaks this time to them it should be easier to trace who is getting access a day early

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
What's the point of leaking anyway. Internet credits?

A creepy cult of personality has developed around some leakers here, and probably in some other places around internet. I'm not surprised that someone like Sabi would take it a step further by downright spoiling stuff. And it's hypocrite to complain about it now.
I would prefer that no leak nor hints ever happened. Guesses are more fun, especially super elaborated guesses like those from Doctre81 which often end up being right.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I personally don't mind leaks but I prefer if nobody gets in trouble for them. Is better if they're released by an anonymous like how it happens in 4chan.

Although I prefer hints to be honest.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
I only like leaks because I like to keep my expectations in check. If the (credible) leaks sound like megatons, I'll get hyped. If not, I'll know not to get too hyped. Helps me to avoid being disappointed with the direct.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I expect MPT, Retro, Banjo, Halo, Pikmin, BOTW 2, Mario Odyssey 2. All of them.

Anything less and Nintendo has failed.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I hate about leaks is that people will act like Nintendo didn't announce anything new afterwards.

Just like what happened last year with games such as DBFZ, Overcooked 2, etc.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just like watching some of my favorite Youtubers reactions to brand new announcements like Easy Allies. Instead I'll watch now and they'll be like "oh that was already leaked so that's not new". You'll see this repeated over and over that nothing was new. I love watching brand new game announcements for the reactions to them.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
The best leaks are the ones weeks ahead, where you then don't know if they are true and doesn't take the fire when it then finally comes to the announcement.
Straight up leaks the day before just sound dumb, especially with how he is like "I will only leak them in my Discord and on Twitter there will be only hints"
Sure, not like everyone else will just post them everywhere else.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Can we ban all Tweet leakers from ResetEra for E3? They're going to be dickheads and ruin the fun of the show for everyone while also not being responsible to their friend because we all know every single website is going to post "RUMOR: XX IS COMING TO SWITCH?". We all know every single one of those DMs and Discord people are going to spread the news like wildfire

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't catch that tweet. Jason's first tweet made it seem like Ubisoft's take on Breath of the Wild. It seems more like Child of Light in scope, then. It'll probably come to Switch. That doesn't sound AAA, though. What the heck is Ubisoft's third unannounced AAA game for the year? We already know about Watch Dogs 3 and the Rainbow Six PvE game thanks to Schreier.

If Ubisoft has a BotW inspired game and it skips Switch, that would be the most disappointing moment in the whole E3 week. If such game exists it has to be on Switch or Ubisofr forgot how to think.

Btw, where the hell is the Ubisoft of Wii and Wii U. They used to try and port most of their games even if they fail at sales. Their Wii lineup was fantastic, Wii didn't have any GTA games but I really enjoyed their Driver San Francisco game. They could port Watch Dogs to Wii too if they really want but they seem to expect Nintendo to assist them like they did with Steep. No Nintendo collab, no games for Switch.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Give these leakers some Depends!!!

But seriously, it's just better to keep stuff to yourself or do vague hints and not be obnoxious about things. I don't understand the need for some burst of Internet popularity, but I'm an old, bitter fart, though.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps I'd be more fussed about watching Nintendo's show "unspoiled" if it wasn't in the middle of working hours on a weekday. Sony and MS have the right idea when it comes to dates and times. These days I either have to just catch the Nintendo news after the fact, or try to watch while working if I'm not stuck in a meeting or on a call.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anything, since some want leaks, and others do not, why not make a specific thread just for Nintendo E3 leaks? Anything that is leaked can just go in there?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Nah there are 4 days left, they won't leak screenshots or video, at this point I would love if someone told us everything it wouldn't matter.

Oops,i was not gonna post this maybe if they just gave a little hint to tide us over :P
If Ubisoft has a BotW inspired game and it skips Switch, that would be the most disappointing moment in the whole E3 week. If such game exists it has to be on Switch or Ubisofr forgot how to think.

Btw, where the hell is the Ubisoft of Wii and Wii U. They used to try and port most of their games even if they fail at sales. Their Wii lineup was fantastic, Wii didn't have any GTA games but I really enjoyed their Driver San Francisco game. They could port Watch Dogs to Wii too if they really want but they seem to expect Nintendo to assist them like they did with Steep. No Nintendo collab, no games for Switch.
The Wii U happened, they probably changed their relationship/strategy with Nintendo after that.

That and they mostly make Assasins Creed games now

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nah there are 4 days left, they won't leak screenshots or video, at this point I would love if someone told us everything it wouldn't matter.

but nobody is gonna complain about unsu

The Wii U happened, they probably changed their relationship/strategy with Nintendo after that.

That and they mostly make Assasins Creed games now

The thing is, their Wii U lineup was as good as Wii. It got 1 exclusive, 2 AssCreed games, Splinter Cell and of course, Watch Dogs. They eventually released WD on Wii U despite troubled porting process.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, their Wii U lineup was as good as Wii. It got 1 exclusive, 2 AssCreed games, Splinter Cell and of course, Watch Dogs. They eventually released WD on Wii U despite troubled porting process.

What you call good most consumers see as also ran late conversions. This is probably the best proof list wars are mostly meaningless.

This is also why Nintendo's been a lot more careful asking for ports. Instead straight late ports, they often prefer Switch to get day and date SE/remasters. And the odd late ports are things like Doom or maybe Witcher 3, stuff that drives people insane arguing as impossible

Last edited:

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Only thing I hate about leaks is that people will act like Nintendo didn't announce anything new afterwards.

Just like what happened last year with games such as DBFZ, Overcooked 2, etc.
It even happened when they announced Simon and Richter, people were saying that they knew about it so it wasnt exciting lmao

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If everyone in here can agree to keep the Direct leaks behind spoilers then I can hang out in this topic instead of staying off the Internet.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Era only has themselves to blame really.

Remember how ya'll worshipped cboat and others.

Hell, you still do.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I hope people just create a spoiler thread for those that want to talk about it openly. Leave this thread for those wanting to be surprised. If they want to talk about it here spoiler tag it.

We already know Discord-only leaks still pop up everywhere else anyways...

Oct 26, 2017
The first post on this page contains a tweet "spoiling" Ubi's showing. Ultimately, it's news, not plot developments.

I think if you wanna go in unspoiled on Tues, you're gonna have to go offline for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.