• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018

Ehhhhhhm.....

giphy.gif

Jan 10, 2018
I usually don't namedrop pipedreams, but AEW game by Syn Sophia would be ace.

Yes, they should continue making Style Savy games, but the world needs a good big name wrestling game after all those years

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can someone give me a few examples of more hype characters that could be announced? The only ones I can think of are the Fantastic Four and/or playable villains (beyond Venom & Magneto).
Depends on the person, but major marvel mainstream characters left would be: Namor, Doom, Silver Surfer, Quake, Squirrel Girl, Ghost Rider, Blade and Quicksilver are all big major names that'd be pretty major. Also full confirmation of Cyclops and Colossus. Plus there's some curve ball characters that look awesome even if they are a who? Like say Power Pack, Thunderbolts, Black Bolt, and others. The game is aimed as much at comics as in general. Also a huge range of costumes and more gameplay modes too

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Monolith Soft, 3D Mario, 3D Zelda (this one was actually teased by King Zell a long time ago for 2020), just to name a few. Sprinkle in a few other things (Bayonetta 3?) and you should have a strong line-up. Maybe even with a new Pokémon game, as well
Yep, most of the teams behind the 2017 heavy hitters haven't released another game yet. 1-2 Switch guys did Labo and it's likely the Splatoon 2 team is the one on AC, but the teams behind Botw, Odyssey, ARMS, and XC2 have since been unaccounted for. On top of that:

-It's rare for NDCube to take 3 years between games, if they ever have. SMP2 or something else should come next year if not this year
-Camelot is another studio that typically has a 2 year cycle. Mario Golf?
-Intelligent Systems almost definitely has multiple teams based on their output; they have at least one release most years. They'll be due for a non-FE title - possibly a big one, as the most recent was Color Splash in 2016.

And, as you mentioned, there's a good chance at a Pokemon game and some chance of Bayo 3. 2020's looking fine, even if not all of those make it.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Can someone give me a few examples of more hype characters that could be announced? The only ones I can think of are the Fantastic Four and/or playable villains (beyond Venom & Magneto).

Doom, Namor, Black Bolt, Sentry, Rogue, ArchAngel, Carnage, Sabertooth. Plenty left

I mean he and Colossus were teased in the last trailer as late game unlockables

Watch won't end until the official reveal

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All I want to be spoiled on is whether the ND is going to be hype or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I hate to say it, but you'll probably have to stay off the Internet for a couple of days for no spoilers.

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
Why would people want to see leaks 2 days before the actual thing?

Yeah I don't get it either when it gets so close. I get why the leakers do it, for clout and attention. But why people actually seek out written leaks when they can actually watch it in video form live if they wait just a few days, I will never relate to.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Has there been anything aside from Witcher 3 heavily rumoured/confirmed in the last 24hrs? This thread moves way too fast.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would ask if we could make a topic for the leaked direct on this website atleast so it's separate and for those who want to see it, but I doubt it'll happen.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, in light of recent events I am updating my expected line-up of 2019 :

That's actually very believable, but I think we'll got a lot more third party games than just those.

My prediction for fall:

September: Animal Crossing, DXM, The Witcher 3, Banjo Collection, Devil May Cry 4, Saints Row 4, Doraemon SoS,
October: Dragon Quest 11, Luigi's Mansion 3, Halo Combat Evolved, Overwatch, DmC, Biomutant, Call of Juarez Gunslinger
November: Pokémon (duh), Pikmin 3, Battletoads, Resident Evil 5-6, Fallout 3, Darksiders Genesis, Digimon Survive, Dead or Alive 6
December: Link's Awakening, New small IP from Nintendo, Nier Automata, Doom Eternal, Halo Reach, XCOM 2, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dragon Ball Project Z

Games I'm not so sure of:
Kingdom Hearts Story So Far: This should be next in line of Square's PS2 era remasters. But I also can see them delaying FFCC to fall and these to 2020.
Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: I'm not sure if Ubisoft cares about Switch enough to port these.
Borderlands Handsome collection: 2K's big surprise this year should be XCOM 2, that's it.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

What happened to his whole only on Discord thing...

hopefully people here will be considerate enough to spoiler tag their posts if they talk about the leak. If not then create a new thread to talk about it

If the guy's insider is VR Plant again, the Pokemon leaks were accurate, so I'd guess whatever he posts will be accurate for the Direct as well

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
SEGA also trademarked "Tabegoro! Super Monkey Ball" a month ago as well. It's not a renewal because that's a brand new title they haven't used before.

Tabegoro means usually means "ripe" or "in season" so both of these might mean something.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
That's actually very believable, but I think we'll got a lot more third party games than just those.

My prediction for fall:

September: Animal Crossing, DXM, The Witcher 3, Banjo Collection, Devil May Cry 4, Saints Row 4, Doraemon SoS,
October: Dragon Quest 11, Luigi's Mansion 3, Halo Combat Evolved, Overwatch, DmC, Biomutant, Call of Juarez Gunslinger
November: Pokémon (duh), Pikmin 3, Battletoads, Resident Evil 5-6, Fallout 3, Darksiders Genesis, Digimon Survive, Dead or Alive 6
December: Link's Awakening, New small IP from Nintendo, Nier Automata, Doom Eternal, Halo Reach, XCOM 2, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dragon Ball Project Z

Kingdom Hearts Story So Far: This should be next in line of Square's PS2 era remasters. But I also can see them delaying FFCC to fall and these to 2020.
Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: I'm not sure if Ubisoft cares about Switch enough to port these.
Borderlands Handsome collection: 2K's big surprise this year should be XCOM 2, that's it.
I think DOA6 is dead, especially after how poorly it sold. I'd think SC6 is in the works by Bandai Namco, as well as DS2 but I don't think the DB game will come to the switch this year, if at all.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think DOA6 is dead, especially after how poorly it sold. I'd think SC6 is in the works by Bandai Namco, as well as DS2 but I don't think the DB game will come to the switch this year, if at all.

After DoA5 was dead too, they ported it to Vita. I thought they might do the same with Switch. DoA or SC, I totally expect a fighter port other than Samurai Shodown.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

My prediction for fall:

Wouldn't DMC 2 & 3 come before 4? Also, do you mean OG DMC4 or DMC4: Special Edition?

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017

That's really mean and I hope people will use spoiler tag. I really dont see what's the point in leaking stuff one day before.

Hints and few leaks every then and now are fine but spoiling an E3 Direct? Imagine prominent leakers had told about "Everyone is here" last year, would have ruined the show.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
That's really mean and I hope people will use spoiler tag. I really dont see what's the point in leaking stuff one day before.

Hints and few leaks every then and now are fine but spoiling an E3 Direct? Imagine prominent leakers had told about "Everyone is here" last year, would have ruined the show.
I'm so fucking tired of this god complex that leakers and "insiders" have. Announcing the dates and times that they'll spoil something is so obnoxious. They'll be inescapable on here, reddit and twitter if they happen.

There's truly no reason to share these things other than to get attention. They don't benefit the consumer or the company. Finding out about things the way that the creators intended is always better than someone's tweet.

It's incredibly selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.