• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Even though or maybe because the 2ds is kiddie-looking as hell, its always had a certain appeal for me. The "slab" design is at once ridiculous and weirdly interesting.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just throwing this out there but as things start to open up more, it might be worth checking in on your local retro shops again for 3DS titles. I saw some pretty decent deals when checking out a local shop as things just started to open back up here in Toronto. I ended up picking up "Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection" for 3DS for about $20 (Canadian) cheaper than it's been selling on ebay for.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just throwing this out there but as things start to open up more, it might be worth checking in on your local retro shops again for 3DS titles. I saw some pretty decent deals when checking out a local shop as things just started to open back up here in Toronto. I ended up picking up "Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection" for 3DS for about $20 (Canadian) cheaper than it's been selling on ebay for.
Which shop?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So, my 3DS bottom plate is peeling up... leaving bare metal underneath...

Are alternate plates available? Is there any downside to just using it with the metal there (other than being rather unsightly)?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
store.nintendo.com

Battery Cover Kit (New Nintendo 3DS XL)

<h4><p>The Battery Cover covers the battery on the back of the New Nintendo 3DS™ XL.</p></h4> <p>This kit comes with the cover, all screws, and small clips which hold each screw to the cover. The battery cover will not include a serial number.</p> <p>This Battery Cover will not work with any...
Not an exact match but better than nothing.
That might work and for that price it's something

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
I managed to grab a Nintendo-refurbished New 2DS XL last week and it showed up today. As others have said, this thing looks brand new. Hopefully Nintendo keeps putting these refurbished systems on their site.

Scalpers absolutely feasting on yet another console.

Never thought I'd see the 3/2DS going for this much money so soon after the end of production.

Is this still a result of the pandemic price increases or what exactly is happening here?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Scalpers absolutely feasting on yet another console.

Never thought I'd see the 3/2DS going for this much money so soon after the end of production.

Is this still a result of the pandemic price increases or what exactly is happening here?
All video-game stuff went up in price. Increased demand for people staying home.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Man the retro/scalper market is destroying the 3DS in record pace. =/ In theory I should be ecstatic with my large collection but i'm also sad because it's making it harder to pick up the remaining games/items I still want. :(

I can't see this sustaining itself and will have to crash at some point.

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
I've been cataloging and photographing my games over the last few days so I figure I'd post my 3DS collection. At this point I think I have most games that I want but I'm always on the lookout when I'm at a game store or random Walmart.
6e3e4d53-a0ad-4168-832j3i.jpeg

EDIT: DS collection as well
c825c0c4-541c-4374-aodje4.jpeg

Last edited:

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I've been cataloging and photographing my games over the last few days so I figure I'd post my 3DS collection. At this point I think I have most games that I want but I'm always on the lookout when I'm at a game store or random Walmart.

Nice collection! What are you missing at this point?

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Hey guys, I dunno if this is the right place to ask for this kind of help, but it's the only 3DS-centric thread I found.

I have a New 2DSXL that I bought in 2018, and last year something very bothersome happened. This thin purple line appeared on my upper screen:

ydgEhiI.jpg

It randomly appeared one day when I opened the console to play, it began wavering in and out and then when I closed it and opened it again, there it was, solid. The fact that it wavered in and out and then "settled" on the screen led me to believe that it could be an issue with a loose flat cable or something that connects the screen to the 3DS' mobo. I haven't opened it to check it out, however.

Anyone else ever had this issue and can point me to any videos or tutorials that can help me solve it?

My 2DS never fell, was smushed or sat upon or anything, I always took the utmost care of it ;---; But I love it and still play a lot with it. Also getting a new one here in Brazil is out of the question, the prices are awful.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I dunno if this is the right place to ask for this kind of help, but it's the only 3DS-centric thread I found.

I have a New 2DSXL that I bought in 2018, and last year something very bothersome happened. This thin purple line appeared on my upper screen:

ydgEhiI.jpg

It randomly appeared one day when I opened the console to play, it began wavering in and out and then when I closed it and opened it again, there it was, solid. The fact that it wavered in and out and then "settled" on the screen led me to believe that it could be an issue with a loose flat cable or something that connects the screen to the 3DS' mobo. I haven't opened it to check it out, however.

Anyone else ever had this issue and can point me to any videos or tutorials that can help me solve it?

My 2DS never fell, was smushed or sat upon or anything, I always took the utmost care of it ;---; But I love it and still play a lot with it. Also getting a new one here in Brazil is out of the question, the prices are awful.

This looks like a hardware issue. You might want to look into a screen replacement.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018

What a delicious collection!

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
One of these days I'll post a picture of my portable Dragon Quest collection. All of the mainline games are playable on a Nintendo handheld. And they're all crazy expensive for some reason now.

All are CIB

GB/GBC:
Dragon Warrior I and II
Dragon Warrior III

DS:
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX

3DS:
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII

Switch:
Dragon Quest XI S

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
One of these days I'll post a picture of my portable Dragon Quest collection. All of the mainline games are playable on a Nintendo handheld. And they're all crazy expensive for some reason now.

All are CIB

GB/GBC:
Dragon Warrior I and II
Dragon Warrior III

DS:
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX

3DS:
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII

Switch:
Dragon Quest XI S
No interest in the physical I-III collection on the Switch?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I fucking hate revealing I have some rare DS games sometimes. There's this dude who never stopped messaging me to sell and it's been going on for 6 months.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I'm starting to get back into portable collecting and I was just looking at what I have. Apparently my SNES 3DS is worth something haha. I was surprised.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I have no intention of selling my DS/3DS/GBA games. I made the mistake of selling off my game collection once, and after all the hassle or buying many of them back, I'll never do it again.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I'm starting to get back into portable collecting and I was just looking at what I have. Apparently my SNES 3DS is worth something haha. I was surprised.

I mention in another thread that I was surprised by how much the snes 3DS gone up compared to more rare systems. The snes one was frequently discounted on amazon and even was in a prime day deal one year. I kind of regret not getting one but I already have the Super Famicom version instead.

It's kind of interesting to see that the valuable systems atm are mostly from the new 3ds line and less from some of the early LE which tend to be more rare/sought after for other systems. For example; 'Nintendo 3DS Blue Fire Emblem Limited Edition' vs 'New Nintendo 3DS XL Fire Emblem Fates Edition'.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I mention in another thread that I was surprised by how much the snes 3DS gone up compared to more rare systems. The snes one was frequently discounted on amazon and even was in a prime day deal one year. I kind of regret not getting one but I already have the Super Famicom version instead.

It's kind of interesting to see that the valuable systems atm are mostly from the new 3ds line and less from some of the early LE which tend to be more rare/sought after for other systems. For example; 'Nintendo 3DS Blue Fire Emblem Limited Edition' vs 'New Nintendo 3DS XL Fire Emblem Fates Edition'.

Yeah! I saw it discounted often. I'm positive I got it from the Prime Day Deal as I didn't have a 3DS before that. It's cool to have in my collection!

That's interesting. I suppose it's because the New 3DS is more powerful? Not sure.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
My DS game collection (image heavy). I've also got a DS Lite and a couple of DSi XLs that are not pictured.

Uf3Kafe.jpg

hQaqzap.jpg

1lYOuRt.jpg

Sy80C9b.jpg

RNOTjUm.jpg

kUMUyIp.jpg

LXarPBj.jpg

XjWQr4G.jpg

SgTi2Ne.jpg

fRKqfQ1.jpg

QcBL2j9.jpg

RNgNzq5.jpg

GgiD161.jpg

qw9DoDF.jpg

I've been collecting since the DS was released and have got everything I want. I initially started importing US games during the heady days of $2 to the £1 back in the first few years of the system because of the full colour manuals and packaging. I was buying mostly from NCSX and VG+ although the latter did run the risk of US/CAN packaging with French on the back. Compared to the dull EU releases the manuals of the US games felt like a real step up. Then as the exchange rate went down and the DSi came out (Pokemon Conquest is region locked and will no boot on my EU DSI) I switched to UK games. It''s by far my favourite console alongside the 3DS and I'd never think of selling any of the game because you would never be able to recreate the experience on another machine. I really should photo my 3DS collection which is just as big.

Last edited: