• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will the next Direct have Breath Of The Wild 2 news?

• Yes

Votes: 374 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 285 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Curious to know what everyone's animal crossing playtime is like now that it's been out awhile. I have about 140 hours in it but I rarely play it anymore.i jump on like twice a week for 10 min.

I have around 25 hours. I play like every other day for maybe 30 minutes. Since I have 10 villagers I'm really just waiting for some of them to move out and buying clothes.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
remember this one?
nintendo-e3-showfloor-2014-mario-maker.900x.jpg
I remember people calling this a fake. That was legitimately an amazing E3 though

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
I think Atlus even said that pre-production hasn't even actually started when they announced SMT V ? So yeah, it's not surprising at all. It was announced January 13, let's say pre-prod started right after in January 2017, that means full dev started around January 2018. It's been in full dev for only 2 years and a half. Should release around next year.
In Japan. The translated version will hit shelves by 2022 only.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm at 75 hours on Animal Crossing, maybe close to 80. I prefer playing small bursts, before digging in deeper every now and again. So most weeks it's just find the fossils, sell my non-native fruits, chat to villagers and play the stalk market. Every now and again I'll do some landscaping to change the village layout. I figured burnout would hit if I got millions quickly, and there's so much to see if you play over seasons, so I'm keeping my playtime under control.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Then don't share her info.
We already know that, Zell told us a long time ago they're working on 2D Metroid.
Please people, stop sharing this account. It's the new Sabi.
Who knows who's even behind that account - could just be one of the twitter "insiders" that already got a lot of stuff wrong, operating under a new account.
Following their supposed hints is pretty useless indeed and we should stop spreading these infos altogether.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Ugh I had a couple YouTube videos recommended to me with thumbnails that say "GBA GAMES coming to SWITCH?" one was only an hour old so I watched it. All the comments saying "I'm so excited GBA games are coming!" so I gave it a watch.

It was an RGT85 video and it was nothing.

It was Nintendo renewing a copyright for GBA in early May. That's it.

Shows how sad and desperate we all are for Nintendo news.

jijiji

Jun 4, 2020
Imagine that we get a Wave Race announcement for this summer out of the blue. One can dream.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Ugh I had a couple YouTube videos recommended to me with thumbnails that say "GBA GAMES coming to SWITCH?" one was only an hour old so I watched it. All the comments saying "I'm so excited GBA games are coming!" so I gave it a watch.

It was an RGT85 video and it was nothing.

It was Nintendo renewing a copyright for GBA in early May. That's it.

Shows how sad and desperate we all are for Nintendo news.

God, RGT was a channel I used to enjoy back in the day due to me knowing the dude from NE. Pretty good guy, but I noticed he went hard on the clickbait train in 2018 and never got off it, so I unsubbed. I also am still burned by how he said the Retro Bit Generations was a great product and an "NES Classic Killer", which led to me buying one... Only for it to be the worst game console I had ever touched due to the dozens and dozens of emulation inaccuracies and games that differed from the press version sent to reviewers. (Press had NES Kung Fu, retail had Alfred freaking Chicken, I'll never get over it)

Not one bit surprised to hear he's clickbaiting for views to milk stuff. I don't get why YTers like him, dreamcastguy or beatemups can't just be honest and chill about stuff like they used to. That's why I like Spawnwave and Arlo as they never clickbait and are pretty damn honest about recent gaming news and such

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I would've thought Detective Pikachu DX (or whatever it was gonna be) would be a 2020 release.

Also in general in terms of releases for this year everyone keeps forgetting the Splatoon 2020 tease.

I'm no insider, but Detective Pikachu Switch was actually discussed by the Pokemon company as one of the Pokemon initiatives for 2020 with licensing partners (of another industry) few weeks ago
With a target november release
obviously delays can happen (and it wasn't specified anything more about the nature of the project...Detective DX/DE, Detective 2, Detective HD...nothing was said about its nature)

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I mean, if you're gonna have a meltdown might as well have it now, it's all but confirmed. Bigger surprise to me is the lack of a PS4 version.
I understand the surprise, but it was bound to happen. If a Sega game comes to PC, it means it's Sega Europe doing it. They only port stuff to PC. Same happened with Catherine on Steam.
But we shortly after got Full Body on PS4, so here's hoping there's some kind of remaster coming to Ps4 later on.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I mean think about it this way P4G is gonna come out on PC before PS4.

There is definitely gonna be salt.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I mean it's a freaking miracle that Persona 3 AND 4 Golden is being ported to PC. But of course Switch won't be getting any of them. Being Switch only is suffering lol...

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, time to update the insider tier list (TM), and give Sabi 20 points.
Crazy turn of events that shifts hot girls 18 to bottom tier. Wow.

What will next week hold in store?

joking in case anyone thinks this is serious. Reference to someone who actually suggested this and was banned few months ago lol

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
I really don't see why Sony Stans would be salty if P4G is announced for PC. Haven't they had the chance to play it in... ummmm... their PS Vitas?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
God, RGT was a channel I used to enjoy back in the day due to me knowing the dude from NE. Pretty good guy, but I noticed he went hard on the clickbait train in 2018 and never got off it, so I unsubbed. I also am still burned by how he said the Retro Bit Generations was a great product and an "NES Classic Killer", which led to me buying one... Only for it to be the worst game console I had ever touched due to the dozens and dozens of emulation inaccuracies and games that differed from the press version sent to reviewers. (Press had NES Kung Fu, retail had Alfred freaking Chicken, I'll never get over it)

Not one bit surprised to hear he's clickbaiting for views to milk stuff. I don't get why YTers like him, dreamcastguy or beatemups can't just be honest and chill about stuff like they used to. That's why I like Spawnwave and Arlo as they never clickbait and are pretty damn honest about recent gaming news and such
I feel you. I unsubbed him for the same reason.
I also finally unsubbed WhatCulture Gaming because the guy who runs it is a Sony die-hard so 90% of their news focuses on Sony or game franchises that he is specifically interested in. They also gave in to clickbait trends and started posted fabricated news headlines about GTA/Bully news that didn't exist anywhere else. If there is a ton of gaming news happening they may still ignore it to just talk about Rockstar, who have no actual news or headlines. It's a bummer. I liked them. Just got sick of the same thing over and over again.

I unsubbed Arlo because his videos eventually became almost entirely him complaining about how much he hated something or just Nintendo in general. He isn't dishonest but his YouTube video titles were clickbaity in the "Is this worst ____ ever?" "Why Nintendo just destroyed an entire genre". I just got tired of it. His two month late video review of Pokémon Sword & Shield where he basically spent a full 40 minutes echoing the angriest comments on Era was where I finally had it. Having issues with the direction of Pokémon isn't the issue just the trend of him tirelessly hating every game that he spoke about.

Maybe he's better now? I've resubbed to people before.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's a freaking miracle that Persona 3 AND 4 Golden is being ported to PC. But of course Switch won't be getting any of them. Being Switch only is suffering lol...

I wouldn't want P3 and 4 In their current state anyway. Visually they're very dated, they're in need of getting remade. Something in P5's level would be fine.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I wouldn't want P3 and 4 In their current state anyway. Visually they're very dated, they're in need of getting remade. Something in P5's level would be fine.
I'm more than happy to get them as they are but they are most likely to get remakes which will be released exclusively on PlayStation.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Damn, P4G might just be my favourite game of all time, it's the main (practically only) reason I'm holding onto my Vita. A Switch port would be huge to me, but a PC port ... eh, leaves me pretty underwhelmed.
I guess it's good in the sense of it being free from the Vita's dead cold hands, though, lol.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Hm, thinking about it, even my rather old and weak laptop should be capable of running P4G, maybe at 720p or so.
This would indeed be bigger than I initially thought to be honest, I really wouldn't need to grab my Vita anymore.

My Steam library waits for its second game to be added, lmao.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I unsubbed Arlo because his videos eventually became almost entirely him complaining about how much he hated something or just Nintendo in general. He isn't dishonest but his YouTube video titles were clickbaity in the "Is this worst ____ ever?" "Why Nintendo just destroyed an entire genre". I just got tired of it. His two month late video review of Pokémon Sword & Shield where he basically spent a full 40 minutes echoing the angriest comments on Era was where I finally had it. Having issues with the direction of Pokémon isn't the issue just the trend of him tirelessly hating every game that he spoke about.

Maybe he's better now? I've resubbed to people before.

I thought his Sword & Shield review was fine (he was clearly hoping to like that one and felt like his genuine thoughts on it), but his refusal to give a low review score to games he obviously hated was a little weird ("Sword/Shield is the most disappointed in a game I've been in a while! 4/7, middle of the road").

I think he's moving away from the clickbait stuff, he's just been doing general Nintendo news videos on a weekly basis for the last few months so he can get content out and talk about stuff without making a big deal out of it. So basically doing the Spawnwave News thing, which actually kind of works for him imo. Nothing special but it's more enjoyable to listen to than his past attempts at topical videos when there's not much going on.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Hm, thinking about it, even my rather old and weak laptop should be capable of running P4G, maybe at 720p or so.
This would indeed be bigger than I initially thought to be honest, I really wouldn't need to grab my Vita anymore.

My Steam library waits for its second game to be added, lmao.
I think I might do the same, my old laptop unfortunately can't charge and be used as the same time so I have a max of 2 hours. I might have to resort to this method in order to play Persona 4G.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I would've thought Detective Pikachu DX (or whatever it was gonna be) would be a 2020 release.
No date for release of Detective Pikachu 2 was ever given. It's worthy of note that they specified it was a sequel that brings the story to an end. The game they announced last year was not a DX verison.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I feel like the only person in these threads who has never once had any interest in an Atlus game.

No date for release of Detective Pikachu 2 was ever given. It's worthy of note that they specified it was a sequel that brings the story to an end. The game they announced last year was not a DX verison.

I remember that it was being debated whether or not they were calling it a sequel or a more definitive version of the original with a real ending or epilogue or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.