• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the willpower to do this anymore, guys. It's June.

If there's anything earlier I'll be happy as a clam.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'd certainly expect something - be it a Direct or some sort of announcement, within the next several weeks; meaning between now and early May.
It's possible.
You have the pandemic going on but I'm sure investors are not going to be happy with Nintendo trying to make FY targets with next to nothing announced to release this year.

I don't expect anything till June though. I just feel like they wouldn't have wasted their time with a Mini Direct if they had more stuff to show.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I remember people saying this after the January 2018 Mini. Which was followed by a Direct 2 months later.

So yeah, I guess that sounds about right
Nintendo announced Labo a week after the January Mini Direct. It's true it wasn't a Direct but it was still an announcement for a first party game.
I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Both Diablo 3 and The Outer Worlds were announced in special videos from Nintendo official channel. Maybe we can get something like this, not a Direct but a big third party announcement from Nintendo.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The Chibi-Robo remaster announcement would've fit perfectly in a Mini Direct; wonder why they decided to reveal it separately.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I want to say it was the 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors, if that counts
Yeah Nintendo definitely doesn't like to announce ports at E3 so they won't announce Pikmin 3 Deluxe and SM3DWorld Deluxe there.
But then when will they announce them?
A September Direct would be too late.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
hm, this is weird.
Wonder if John will weigh in again in the next few weeks.
I could possibly see another direct before June...but only if E3 doesn't announce many new games, which has happened before.

it is funny though:
when people wanted the direct here and now, lots of people subtly took shots John Harker with a bunch of "who this", why is he trustworthy, etc stuff

and now that his message could indicate another direct, the perspective has shifted, and he's used as evidence.
not surprised

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Well, we do know there will be at least one announcement between the Direct Mini and E3 courtesy of the ever-trustworthy 4chan.
1585510602651.jpg

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I'd certainly expect something - be it a Direct or some sort of announcement, within the next several weeks; meaning between now and early May.

To be clear, you expect this in addition to a June pseudo-E3 Direct/event? Three maybe-Directs inside of barely 4 months seems like a lot, unless this April/early May thing is a game-specific Direct or announcement.

(Didn't mean to quote bomb you alongside everyone else all of a sudden.)

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
When was the last time Nintendo announced a First Party port at E3?
Didnt happen often I guess BUT they also didnt every wait until June to reveal their plans for the year. Since 2017, they did all the big reveals before E3 and then used the show to explore them in more detail. This time, everything could happen. Direct before June, or Direct in June, but they'll show their line-up for H2 there and I guess it will contain ports.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I really wonder if publishers including Nintendo will help out the ESA in June. If I were a publisher now and you are still planning for some releases at the end of the year I would take a hard look at the Direct Style of presentation. I'm expecting some strange digital month where publishers show of their games with online presentations and kind of nod that this would be in the E3 show, but due to the crisis this came not to be.

Nintendo's own approach will be fascinating; normally it would be an E3 showfloor including great props, but I still believe they will have a Direct hosted by the Treehouse crew. Gameplay demo's afterwards. Really hoping we'll get to see those this year. Treehouse sold me on both Luigi's Mansion 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the "Mini" Direct, you could have fooled me if you just didn't have that word anywhere. I quit even thinking on when a Direct would release because of everything happening, was real happy when the "Mini" dropped and was literally a normal Direct. Big January/June type? Nah. But it felt like a full-fledged show for sure.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I just hope there's a XCDE Direct to promote it.
That would be pretty weird. At the end of the day, XCDE is a pretty faithful remaster of a 10-year old game. It's made some UI improvements, is a lot better looking, and there's an epilogue now, but there's really not much else to address. Definitely not worthy of its own Direct

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Something to note, one of the leaked Flipnote Studio screenshots has some interesting animations, namely a Skyward Sword character holding a Switch and Luigi with a Cappy-Hat.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
If Emily is right about Nintendo's end goal being to have most of its legacy catalog in HD then OOT Remake is a matter of when.
It's very likely to happen, but it's probably an HD version of OOT 3D with some added visual effects and different functionality to account for the lack of two screens.

But it'll be that art style.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
does the sonic south by south west panel have a replacement date yet

I know it's still April just dream form now

I hope the 2021 game is next gen exclusive would rather not the switch hold it back

and instead the switch get it's own game namely rush 3

the loading speeds ofnps5 and series x be really good for 3d sonic level desighn

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Nah this is better than 2018 and dare I say 2019 as well. We got one of the GOAT's in AC and one of the GOAT jrpg's in xenoblade. Plus the third parties have been superior.

If you don't like either of those that sounds like a you problem and not a Nintendo problem.

Nope. I disagree in every regard. That's great for Animal Crossing fans. Awesome. Don't care. Not interested.

Don't like other people's perspectives? That's your issue.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
does the sonic south by south west panel have a replacement date yet

I know it's still April just dream form now

I hope the 2021 game is next gen exclusive would rather not the switch hold it back

and instead the switch get it's own game namely rush 3

the loading speeds ofnps5 and series x be really good for 3d sonic level desighn
Sega is not bold enough to go next-gen only for Sonic so soon

Forces already probably failed to crack 2 million on established platforms

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Also, this next Sonic game will most likely be cross gen.

No way they're skipping out on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.