• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's cute but it's also sad. We saw her aunt the other day and she really wanted to give her a hug but we made sure she didn't. Only air fives.
yeah it's really tough times. i was coughing for weeks and couldn't visit my mom's house, didn't want her to catch anything in case i have something.

giphy.gif

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
expectations for the June direct after this 1st half are going to be high

like 5 games

1 in August
1 in September
1 in October
1 in November
And 1 in December high

I'm sadly expecting e3 2015 2

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
We finally get a direct and it's only a mini... with even more Smash and Pokemon updates... and No 3D World port... hahaha... I might as well change my name to Donkey Bonkers and lock myself in a padded room.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we've had the direct I wonder if emily has/can say if Xeno was what she meant by h1 ending on a notable note. Or if it was something else.
Iirc she usually says what her hints were about after they are announced. When asked

I dont follow her twitter tho

Then obv the good year for Mario stuff wasn't announced so no need to bother her about thay

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we've had the direct I wonder if emily has/can say if Xeno was what she meant by h1 ending on a notable note. Or if it was something else.
Iirc she usually says what her hints were about after they are announced. When asked

I dont follow her twitter tho

Then obv the good year for Mario stuff wasn't announced so no need to bother her about thay

She actually seems pretty excited about Clubhouse Games, so it could be that, since that's a June game.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Sure, but gonna be weird.

Wonder how bad the new Call of Duty will be this year.
We're talking about delays across the industry, so these are exceptional cases.

It is better to have Mario 3D World Deluxe for Christmas than to have nothing because you released all your remasters in the middle of the year because you did not believe that COVID would affect you.

And if everything works out and it turns out you don't delay games, you can always release it in January or February 2021.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've adjusted my expectations for 2020. It's lower for sure. 2021 will be the greatest year for Switch (as long as Covid 19 dies down)

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
expectations for the June direct after this 1st half are going to be high

like 5 games

1 in August
1 in September
1 in October
1 in November
And 1 in December high

I'm sadly expecting e3 2015 2
I think expectations for e3 should be the lowest that we've had in a long time. Since we don't know.
But by the time june rolls around there will be a hint or 2 and people will go crazy again

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Nintendo doesn't do that though. They like showing stuff close to release and not beta tier, especially after prime 4.
That's presuming all those games were their big games slated for 2020. If this Fall/Holiday lineup gets delayed to 2021 because of COVID19 then they really don't have much to talk about then, do they? Hence why I said they should talk about their original lineup regardless of potential delays, not like they can really show anything else.

BOTW2 is 100% getting information revealed at this E3 regardless of anything.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That's presuming all those games were their big games slated for 2020. If this Fall/Holiday lineup gets delayed to 2021 because of COVID19 then they really don't have much to talk about then, do they? Hence why I said they should talk about their original lineup regardless of potential delays, not like they can really show anything else.

he last time a 3d Zelda game was shown at e3 it missed the next one

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Was that the 51 games one?
Hm could be.
Also ninjala is late may right.
Notable note could also be a combined presentation of Xeno ninjala clubhouse if taken that way

Yeah that one. It's apparently getting a lot of people excited. I never had a DS so I guess I never played the original one but people seem to be really into this announcement.

It honestly looks quite good, though I'm curious what the price will be.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I feel like I'm one of the few who doesn't mind if Zelda is 2020 or 2021 despite being hyped.

Before e3s cancellation i was 100 sure it would be revealed and get treehouse gameplay regardless of release.
I still think it'll get gameplay in a tree house done from there imo.

So since we might see it, I'm good.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
The last time a 3d Zelda game was shown at e3 it missed the next one
2014 to 2015? There's no patterns to anything. If BOTW2 isn't shown off at their E3-Equilvant Direct this year then we can assume development difficulties (like BOTW back in 2015 and Prime 4 with E3 2018), simple as that. There's no reason for them not to have more information about the game this year (considering they revealed it in 2019) unless development was going poorly.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I'd definitely recommend downloading it either way. You'll want to return to it day by day and always have it within quick reach.
I'm thinking about it, just not someone who goes in for download only for big games. Give it a day, I probably will have given in. Kinda wish I had a bigger SD card.

Yeah I've adjusted my expectations for 2020. It's lower for sure. 2021 will be the greatest year for Switch (as long as Covid 19 dies down)
Depends how much impact it has on development, I could see there being a knock on effect to releases through 2021. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much worse it gets before it gets better.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Disappointment can be expressed reasonably but this thread ans harassment of insiders has kind of shown people are pretty unreasonable
You could argue that about the whole forum...
scratch that, about the internet.

Yeah I feel like I'm one of the few who doesn't mind if Zelda is 2020 or 2021 despite being hyped.

Before e3s cancellation i was 100 sure it would be revealed and get treehouse gameplay regardless of release.
I still think it'll get gameplay in a tree house done from there imo.

So since we might see it, I'm good.
Yeah, shure, i would be a bit dissapointed, but better the bast game it can be,
since i know tht the core gameplay will be satisfying.

since im on a Steve Reich run:

maybe it helps some here calm down (or it stresses them out)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My expectations from Nintendo for 2020 after June

Super Mario 3D World
WW HD
Pikmin 3
Paper Mario
2D Metroid
Super Mario Party 2
Pokémon dlc

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
You could argue that about the whole forum...
scratch that, about the internet.
That is not an excuse for a curated forum like this one

Strangely r/NintendoSwitch felt less.toxic over this whole episode just because there are a lot more voices from people who are just talky about their Switch and games and not just a select core of superfans speculating on shit endlessly then hounding /harassing people who post hints then whining about it when the direct didn't show the same four games on their wishlist

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Not a lot I want... but Xenoblade and Bravely Default II are awesome.

Everything else is okay. More games for the catalogue. It took EA long enough to release Burnout Paradise on Switch.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
My expectations from Nintendo for 2020 after June

Super Mario 3D World
WW HD
Pikmin 3
Paper Mario
2D Metroid
Super Mario Party 2
Pokémon dlc
I think i generally agree.
Though I'm not sold on 2d metroid tbh
And i think they'll want a bug holiday game even though 3d world and party would sell a lot.
I'm going to agree but be slightly more optimistic for Christmas
Replace metroid with zelda or...kart

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
That is not an excuse for a curated forum like this one

Strangely r/NintendoSwitch felt less.toxic over this whole episode just because there are a lot more voices from people who are just talky about their Switch and games and not just a select core of superfans speculating on shit endlessly then hounding /harassing people who post hints then whining about it when the direct didn't show the same four games on their wishlist
Shure, im not defending the haressment from here (who are these people?...) or the really toxic behavior.
I was more venting my general frustration about the discorse in social media (im counting this and reddit to it), not jsut focused on games.

/NintendoSwitch was better?
I've hat my fair share of bitter subreddits and back then it was a chaos there, and came here (when it was unlock only) since the discorse was way more on point and civil. Seems that changed. Either this place is so much more toxic than it used to be (Yes it is), or /NintendoSwitch is way better then 1,5 years ago.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this talk of Pikmin 3 remastered, but where's Pikmin 4 that was almost ready years ago? =(

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
it's posts like this that are ridiculous. "Giant piece of crap"? And the people that build up expectation based on their own speculation of upcoming games then shit on a company for not living up to them. They do it to themselves then come spitting negativity all ofver the boards. Why were all of these people expecting a big first party titles to be announced in a shadow dropped nintendo direct mini? Why is it so bad that it didn't happen. Nothing will change if you know about it now or don't know about it until E3 aside from your own self imposed expectations.
Of course it is due to my selfcreated expectations. However, I still think that saying something about No More Heroes 3 or some Wii U ports would have made it better. At least for me, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.