• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
In any other situation, I would probably be livid right now but it just feels like this was cut short for obvious reasons. Not a single new Nintendo release announced. The situation worldwide is so drastic and dynamic that I guess they need to sort everything out first. We're just at the beginning of this mess it feels like. So this leaves me unsatisfied but I know why it has to be this way I guess. Bravely Default Demo makes me happy though.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
In any other situation, I would probably be livid right now but it just feels like this was cut short for obvious reasons. Not a single new Nintendo release announced. The situation worldwide is so drastic and dynamic that I guess they need to sort everything out first. We're just at the beginning of this mess it feels like. So this leaves me unsatisfied but I know why it has to be this way I guess. Bravely Default Demo makes me happy though.

They announced two brand new first party games.

They're very small games but still. Why do people keep glossing over that?

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
my goodness Nintendo's communication strategy has been....interesting.

Disappointing Direct - this would have been a good opportunity to show off some heavy-hitting 1st parties. Looks like we're going to have to wait til summer to know what the Holiday 2020 game will be.
What are the odds there just straight up isn't a holiday title

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Wow, a whole 28 minutes and the only first party news was that FP6 is Spring Man.

"Nintendo's 2020 is going to be great" my ass

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Wonder if Nintendo wants a nutty E3 Direct with BOTW2, Paper Mario, Metroid 5, etc. etc. to compete with the Next Gen news cycle.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting a lot more from the Pokemon DLC. They really didn't show off anything new that we didn't already know.

Oct 27, 2017
in 2013-2017, we would've killed for Catherine, XCoM2, Borderlands & Bioshock Collections, Xenoblade Remake with new content, a Smash reveal (and #6 out of 10 DLC characters, 10!) King's Bounty, Bravely Default 2, Jedi Academy, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Burnout Paradise, Saints Row 4, Legend of Heroes, an HD Animal Crossing to be an E3 Direct, and now so many are upset about all of these being in a mini-Direct. How times have changed in just a few short years.

I thought it was good, especially for a mini.

did I want Pikmin? New first party announcements ? Yes, but I'm fine waiting until E3. I imagine COVID is messing with all release dates as they said. They probably don't know if their fall games will be pushed to holiday, and if their holiday ganes will be pushed to spring

going to check out the Good Job game, buy Panzer Dragoon, try ARMS and BD2 demos today, pretty psyched

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
It seems like we've entered the weak-as-hell-first-party stage that every successful Nintendo platform has in its life cycle

hey, I got my favorite Mario, favorite Zelda (though I haven't played many others), enjoyed ARMS, had a lot of fun in Smash in college and will continue to, had fun with my first Mario Tennis and Mario Party, enjoying Luigi's Mansion, and I just got what I think is my favorite Animal Crossing ever.

If the first party isn't there until the next system, I can't really complain, even if I would've liked some darn Pikmin on this thing.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the positive thing is that the E3 direct is going to be absolutely amazing...

...right?

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
This thread provided way more entertainment and excitement than that Direct Mini.

Wasn't worth the wait.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean for what it was it was great

They just still haven't announced shit. We needed a general at this point.

Jul 26, 2018
in 2013-2017, we would've killed for Catherine, XCoM2, Borderlands & Bioshock Collections, Xenoblade Remake with new content, a Smash reveal (and #6 out of 10 DLC characters, 10!) King's Bounty, Bravely Default 2, Jedi Academy, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Burnout Paradise, Saints Row 4, Legend of Heroes, an HD Animal Crossing to be an E3 Direct, and now so many are upset about all of these being in a mini-Direct. How times have changed in just a few short years.

did I want Pikmin? New first party announcements ? Yes, but I'm fine waiting until E3. I imagine COVID is messing with all release dates as they said. They probably don't know if their fall games will be pushed to holiday, and if their holiday ganes will be pushed to spring
Bruh stahp. That was terrible

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
Well, that didn't quite satisfy my hunger. And those people on Twitter who hyped this week for new Nintendo games? What was that about?

Oct 27, 2017
People saying it was bad should remember it's a Mini Direct. I think it was really good for the format.

Would be meh for a General though.

Ehhh the last mini was pretty good though:
  • Wii U ports of Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1 + 2, and Tropical Freeze.
  • Ports of more recent games like Ys VIII.
  • Mario Tennis Aces was announced.
  • And Kirby Star Allies had a lot of information shared on it.
To give a few points. This was just covering already announced titles, ports of much older games, and not much else.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Times have changed because it's 2020 now and those games aren't new, and the AC thing was an update we already knew.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished watching it and I've already forgotten what was in it for the most part. Bleh.

I guess the Xenoblade stuff was cool. I wonder if this is what Adam Howden finished recording way back in July (I dunno if he's since talked about it again):

twitter.com

Adam Howden on Twitter

“I finished work on a game yesterday that a few of you might be interested in. *Dangles carrot*”

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
They announced two brand new first party games.

They're very small games but still. Why do people keep glossing over that?
I might have missed that they're Nintendo published then, my bad, might have to rewatch. Does not change my feeling that this was cut short because they need to sort their schedules out first. I'm fine with that. I wish they would have had at least a nice suprise at the end and not more Pokemon. Guess the game that was supposed to end H1 on a high note got "delayed".

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
Just finished watching it and I've already forgotten what was in it for the most part. Bleh.

I guess the Xenoblade stuff was cool. I wonder if this is what Adam Howden finished recording way back in July (I dunno if he's since talked about it again):

twitter.com

Adam Howden on Twitter

“I finished work on a game yesterday that a few of you might be interested in. *Dangles carrot*”
Fun fact: My stepdad's friend is Adam Howden, he is really nice and funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.