• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Will definitely be getting the Borderlands collection and Xenoblade Chronicles. Ninjala looks fun also.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I shouldn't have hoped for Pikmin, shoot.

Clubhouse Games definitely fits the "casual" label for the year, right?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Whelp. I'm exactly where I was before watching this Direct lmao. XCDE and BDII look great and I'm super excited, but nothing else interested me and... not even one port?

And so the wait for the next Direct begins 🤡

SerKwak

Apr 6, 2018
ooooeeeffffff………………….that was a truly embarrassing showing, especially first party wise. unbelievable poor first party output.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
That was terrible. They really should drop a big game on eshop so people have something to play while the virus situation works itself out.

I'm talking about MPT.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
down for panzer dragoon. i know that xcom's about to get pushed on me pretty hard and i kinda have no excuse about it now. honestly expected more first party announcements.

oh and burnout paradise remaster. down for that holy shit. ea did something cool for once (aside from apex)

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Well... this was...okay...?
It was a mini, and in every other time it would be a good mini. But after so much silence and not much from first party, yeah...

Tabletop games: öhm...okay?
Arms Free for 2 months: since it is not selling anymore, and now is the best time to just give it away so that people subscribe to nintendo online. Get peole to subscribe, and then to maybe buy the game...
BD2: hm. still not convinces. waiting for reviews, and then a week for the fan reactions.
Smash in arms...yeah okay.
Good job? looks...okay. at least something new.
AC update: was to be expected, in prior games this would have been in the base game, so no "woah, thanks nintendo!".

For Me: Maybe Cathrin, Maybe BD2, Panzer Dragoon: waiting for reviews. Arms free.

Nothing hype or big to look forward to. =/ june it is.

PS: they will milk the Pokemon DLC, wont they? (i was one that was really critical of the base game and found it to be one of the most unsatisfying main series games)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This wasn't good at all but I was so distracted by the Bravely Default 2 demo that I completely forgot about 3D World and Pikmin 3. What gives?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Theory: Nintendo's own projects are up in the air, so they cut their own stuff out of the planned regular Direct and repackaged it as a Mini

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Welp Xenoblade looks fantastic and the Smash announcement is cool, but other than that....

Not sure where all the first party games are.
EDIT: Also LOL at the "new" SwSh dlc trailer. like 5% of that was new stuff.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
my goodness Nintendo's communication strategy has been....interesting.

Disappointing Direct - this would have been a good opportunity to show off some heavy-hitting 1st parties. Looks like we're going to have to wait til summer to know what the Holiday 2020 game will be.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
The new remixes and epilogue have me seriously considering purchasing XCDE, even though I just beat it for the first time a couple of months ago.

Also that Good Job games looks cool, I'll give it a closer look later.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
People saying it was bad should remember it's a Mini Direct. I think it was really good for the format.

Would be meh for a General though.

Status
Not open for further replies.