• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Something profoundly fucked up has happened to Nintendo's internal pipeline. H1 only having Animal Crossing and a Xenoblade remaster as internally-developed titles is a horrendous state of affairs.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from the other thread.

That was terrible. I currently have literally nothing to look forward to on this console.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
it's a mini direct...calm down lol. even for a mini it was still quite good.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Far weaker than the January 2018 Mini. Why did they take 3 months for this instead of just having just following the same pattern; Mini in January and a full Direct in March? Obviously internal scheduling we're not privy to, but taking this long to reveal this little information isn't a good sign.

Guess we'll have to wait until the E3 Direct to know anything about Nintendo's 2020 lineup. I don't understand why they're taking so long to reveal their games this year. Can't imagine their plans have shifted drastically due to COVID19 up until this month.

Last edited:

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Something profoundly fucked up has happened to Nintendo's internal pipeline. H1 only having Animal Crossing and a Xenoblade remaster as internally-developed titles is a horrendous state of affairs.

At this point I'm wondering what the second half of the year is going to look like, specifically the big holiday game. Now we have to wait until June. There was an extreme lack of first party stuff in this Mini Direct.

And I HATE that an ARMS rep is coming to Smash. Ugh.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I think the 'Mini' label is there because they know there's no huge news here. There'd be more surprises if leakings boards and retailers didn't leak, but there's no hiding that the first half of 2020 remains fairly flat - especially for those who don't like Animal Crossing - or that the rest of 2020 remains sketchy. Not massively surprising for me because I'd adjusted my expectations (especially today when it seemed a Mini would get dropped) - even at the start of this broadcast, Nintendo are saying these dates might change.

Personally, I'm still well-catered for, but there's a pretty big lull in first-party releases that'll hit some people hard.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So the only first party information is an AC update, ARMS character coming to Smash to be revealed at the E3 Direct, and Pokemon DLC.

Yeah, BotW 2 isn't coming out this year.
They're keeping BOTW 2 for the E3 direct, doesn't mean it won't release this year. Same for Bayo 3 or similar.

Oct 27, 2017
And the cycle continues anew with nothing ever being good enough

You know, I'm usually with you in that plane of thought (I remember when everyone disliked the February 2019 Direct for being too anime? Whatever that meant), but honestly even this time I'm disappointed. With the exception of one small new first party announcement, Bravely Default II demo, and a new Mr. Driller remaster happening, there really wasn't much.

Just stuff being re-revealed and a bunch of third party ports I can already play in better quality for less of a price on my PS4.

Nelthar

Jan 14, 2020
Im very happy with Directs content :) Couldnt ask for more from Mini Direct :D Xenoblade, Cathering Full Body, BD2, That Ring Fit Music Update!!! Amazing :D

Jan 3, 2018

And I believe AC was delayed just to fill the gap, like how Yoshi was released at the same time last year with rumors of it having been completed for months.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017

Damn.

No Metroid at all, combined with a rim job is certainly the most bitter timeline. The e. coli timeline ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.