• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I say this: If they really somehow delayed the Direct in some Leroy Jenkins fashion due to the current situation, then i don't understand them anymore.

On one hand it's okay to release their basically biggest game in the first half of 2020, but somehow a Direct is off-limits?

If it's about release dates, simply add a disclaimer that the release dates seen in the Direct are not realistic due to the pandemic.

And it would be disrespectful for the 3rd party pubs and devs that have their games featured there.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
ULEegzZ.gif

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
aight, direct in less than 10 minutes... let's do this

tenor.gif

mrgoomba

Dec 10, 2017
The direct is probably happening right now on a parallel universe where corona virus didn't happen.. I envy earth 342

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's delayed. This is not the usual time for a Nintendo Direct. But it Is the usual time for a shadowdrop.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
If something was being launched in 10 minutes, wouldn't that still be hours before a presumably planned Direct coming today?

Unless...

Jul 26, 2018
You are all way too optimistic for your own good. A shadowdropped direct because of bandwidth concerns is DENIAL at its finest.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
If the trailers have already been made (they are typically done months in advance depending on the size of the production), then "gathering" them is not the hard part, lock down or no. He's guessing things.

Oct 27, 2017
I say this: If they really somehow delayed the Direct in some Leroy Jenkins fashion due to the current situation, then i don't understand them anymore.

On one hand it's okay to release their basically biggest game in the first half of 2020, but somehow a Direct is off-limits?

If it's about release dates, simply add a disclaimer that the release dates seen in the Direct are not realistic due to the pandemic.
Dude there is a pandemic. Nintendo staff may be working from home. Sakurai already said its had an impact. They've been in this pandemic, since it hit Japan before west, for over a month if not more. I know it sucks to delay a direct, and yes they need to do marketing, but this is a once in a lifetime global situation, not just the virus but huge economic downturn affecting all marketing, so i get that you don't "understand" them but believe me, there are probably a ton of good reasons why they're taking so long.

It isn't just release dates. Suppliers are affected, devs are affected. In the best of times they would give general "spring" release windows for titles, but with WFH probably fracturing communications on teams, its probably even harder to nail down specific release windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.