• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ninety-nine percent of my life I was lied to.
I just found out my mom does more dope than I do.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Dark Cloud how are you feeling about a Mini Direct? Disappointed?

Mini or not, it will be cool to see what's next :). E3 is not that far away, and Nintendo kinda confirmed they'd have something in preparation (i.e. their response to E3's cancellation)

If it's reallly today, we'll see...
I'm no fan of shadowdropped Directs at all...why ? Because you don't tease your fanbase after a 7 months drought, and could be fun for people stuck at home to have this kind of things to watch :).

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, looks like it'll be a Mini. They probably wanted a general Direct with big 2020 games but since any game releasing beyond summer could be affected by COVID-19 I guess they'll keep that for later when they're sure about it.

A couple of Wii U ports, low key third party games, updates on DLCs and a XenoblaDE trailer with a release date.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
Maybe it's time to for Nintendo to go into their storage rooms, dust off Metroid Prime Collection and release it as a fill-in for possible delays.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Mini or not, it will be cool to see what's next :). E3 is not that far away, and Nintendo kinda confirmed they'd have something in preparation (i.e. their response to E3's cancellation)

If it's reallly today, we'll see...
I'm no fan of shadowdropped Directs at all...why ? Because you don't tease your fanbase after a 7 months drought, and could be fun for people stuck at home to have this kind of things to watch :).

I feel like I would have been fine with a Mini back in December or January but 7 months after the last general Direct? I really don't know how to feel.

Let's just hope it will have some nice and surprising announcements at least.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
As I imagined this morning, everything is really leading to a shadow dropped Mini Direct at 3PM CET.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, looks like it'll be a Mini. They probably wanted a general Direct with big 2020 games but since any game releasing beyond summer could be affected by COVID-19 I guess they'll keep that for later when they're sure about it.

A couple of Wii U ports, low key third party games, updates on DLCs and a XenoblaDE trailer with a release date.
A mini can have later releases, not related imo.
I mean, last general one in September mostly was about games we knew already about.
So a mini can easily do better.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that a shadowdropped Direct doesn't break any patterns.
It's a general Direct in Q1. (every year had a Direct in Q1)
It's on the second half of the month but it's technically not a normal Direct.

So you say it's a general Direct but it's not a general Direct? :)

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
If it shadowdrops, is it possible it's been rebranded as "Mini" even if the content has stayed mostly the same because that's the designation they have decided to use for shadowdropped Directs?

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with a Mini if we get a BotW 2 teaser with a Holiday 2020 release window!

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
So you say it's a general Direct but it's not a general Direct? :)
giphy.gif

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
This is what the Mini from January 2018 saw as content

The World Ends with You: Final Remix (announcement)
Pokken Tournament DX DLC
Kirby Star Allies (release date announcement)
Mentions of demos for Kirby Battle Royale and Dragon Quest Builders
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (announcement)
Mario Tennis Aces (announcement)
Ys Viii (announcement)
Super Mario Odyssey update
SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy (announcement)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC trailer
PayDay 2 exclusive content
FE and Celeste showing
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (announcement)
Dark Souls Remastered (announcement)

Jan 26, 2019
We don't know, but it seems likely that it will be released either way, also on Playstation. Very weird that it might not get announced in the Direct (because we don't know if it will happen at all)
The game has released on PSN in several territories. So far, no page is up on European / US eShop. There's just the Canadian one but the game hasn't been released there to my knowledge.

Cheers. That report is what has been fueling my hopes of a shadow drop. Just happy if it hasn't been backtracked on or refuted since I logged off last night, really. Here's hoping I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Only one way to find out, I suppose.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo has no respect for their fans. They are being dead silent for more than 6 months, and in these hard times when we need a direct more than ever, they won't even throw us a bone...
Honestly, I have never been more disappointed with Nintendo.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, they showed Odyssey stuff in a Mini Direct, so it's not that Zelda couldn't be a show to begin with.
On the other hand, Odyssey was already released when featured in a Mini Direct, whereas Zelda doesn't even have an official name yet.

I'm 50/50 on BotW 2 being in a possible Mini Direct.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has no respect for their fans. They are being dead silent for more than 6 months, and in these hard times when we need a direct more than ever, they won't even throw us a bone...
Honestly, I have never been more disappointed with Nintendo.
Ah, posts like these are so good.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I feel like I would have been fine with a Mini back in December or January but 7 months after the last general Direct? I really don't know how to feel.

Let's just hope it will have some nice and surprising announcements at least.
If it's a Mini I think it's likely down to the fact that there's no telling yet how much disruption there's going to be later this year. It makes sense, given how uncertain things are, to concentrate on the near-term.

Plus, we could still get a Direct at some point in June to coincide with the digital E3, so it's not like this is going to be our lot for the year.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Honestly, I don't think BotW2 will be mentioned in a Mini Direct. I am already seeing an amazing trailer airing at the E3 Direct, with a release date set for March 2021. At the same time, I am asking myself: which game will be the big 2020 holiday game? I don't see the port of Mario 3D World cover that role. And when will this game announced, at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.