• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
What would be the bigger Microsoft bombshell reveal:

Master Chief Collection on Switch (running on native hardware)
-or-
Rareware Collection (plus bonus Starfox Adventures: Remastered) (DKC1+2+3 coming to NSO)
The former would be the bigger bombshell but the latter would absolutely make me lose my mind the hardest

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
What would be the bigger Microsoft bombshell reveal:

Master Chief Collection on Switch (running on native hardware)
-or-
Rareware Collection (plus bonus Starfox Adventures: Remastered) (DKC1+2+3 coming to NSO)

If we're talking bigger, absolutely Master Chief Collection running natively. Portable Halo on Switch would be absolutely mind blowing and would drive sales.

If we're talking what I'd personally want, definitely the Rareware Collection, as those are games I particularly really enjoy, and I'd love to get the chance to play them again on Switch.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible Jeff Grubb got good information but Nintendo's plans understandably changed in the middle of a global pandemic!

On that note please set the bar real low this year. Coronavirus is going to delay a lot of games that are supposed to come out in the fall.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't get why Nintendo would be so hasty to cancel a Direct when the world has been on fire for like a week now

Let's see what happens tomorrow

Dec 20, 2017
Was the shadow drop rumor based on something Jeff specifically said or is it people trying to reconcile his continued insistence the direct is coming with the lack of any announcement? I check this thread like once an hour and yet I can still barely follow it.

In either case, this feels apt.
Screen%20Shot%202017-02-17%20at%209.35.04%20AM.png

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have to think what would make Nintendo delay the direct now. It seems like so many sources even in this same week is still so sure of March 26. Covid 19 has been a known entity for a little while and impacted companies/businesses for some weeks now.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
This whole situation reminds me too much of January 2018.

Multiple people leaked the fact that there was going to be a Direct on January 11th. Then the day before nothing was announced. People lose their minds and started calling out insiders.

Then it dropped.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Multiple people leaked the fact that there was going to be a Direct on January 11th. Then the day before nothing was announced. People lose their minds and started calling out insiders.

Then it dropped.
There's still hope.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
This is pure dreams, and has no basis in reality or anything:
I would like there to be announced a Viva Pinata collection, to be announced for switch (And other consoles but definitely switch)
And maybe an announcement of Viva Pinata 3 for switch and for Series X

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A mini-direct would make sense I guess considering that we're a bit more than two months away from the would-be E3 Direct. It'd be odd to have two full Directs only two months apart like that.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it'll be branded as a mini direct but in any case, we're getting new games, both from Nintendo and 3rd parties. Maybe Nintendo just delays the showing of their big game this year. If it's even being released this year anymore with all the craziness going on.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I would legit cry happy tears if they announce a Mario Odyssey follow-up.

Mario Odyssey 2
True Paper Mario sequel
Mario Party DLC
N64 games or GBA games to Nintendo Online
Castlevania IGA collection
Symphony of the Night
Rare Replay Collection
Bomberman 3D game
Puzzle League game
Yoku's Island Express follow-up
We ❤ Katamari Reroll (please please please)
Yoshi's Wooly World port
Pikmin 3 port
Metroid Prime trilogy
Chrono Trigger

My unrealistic hopes and dreams.

Kaladin48

Apr 19, 2019
There is good reason for a shadow drop. Nintendo directs tend to gather people to watch them, especially when they are announced a day or so in advanced, but with all the social isolation stuff going on, Nintendo may shadow drop it with the hope that people just stay home and watch it on their own - that's the responsible approach anyways.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grubb will become my personal hero if the Direct happens today.

HumanCentiPad

Mar 17, 2020
Honestly shadow dropping a Direct would be a bit disappointing because we would miss out on more concrete predictions discussions. I always look forward to GameXplain predictions.
I have been thinking about this... GameXplain usually have nice sources and leaks. They must know of the Direct as well. The fact that they haven't posted their discussion yet is somewhat worrying for #TeamShadowdrop
Maybe Harker has more updated info. Didn't he say he heard the direct was at a later date? That would be weird tho considering it seems like other third party sources know the direct should be March 26
This again... He said a Direct (the one he knows of) is at a later date. It could easily be the new Smash fighter Direct (Byleth was ready in November) or another game-specific presentation

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Inb4 Grubb got it a day late like the Indie World presentation and we're looking at Thursday reveal, Friday airing

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been thinking about this... GameXplain usually have nice sources and leaks. They must know of the Direct as well. The fact that they haven't posted their discussion yet is somewhat worrying for #TeamShadowdrop

This again... He said a Direct (the one he knows of) is at a later date. It could easily be the new Smash fighter Direct (Byleth was ready in November) or another game-specific presentation
Ok. No need to be rude. Idk what was exactly said

xrxtzz

Jan 12, 2020
I would legit cry happy tears if they announce a Mario Odyssey follow-up.

Mario Odyssey 2
True Paper Mario sequel
Mario Party DLC
N64 games or GBA games to Nintendo Online
Castlevania IGA collection
Symphony of the Night
Rare Replay Collection
Bomberman 3D game
Puzzle League game
Yoku's Island Express follow-up
We ❤ Katamari Reroll (please please please)
Yoshi's Wooly World port
Pikmin 3 port
Metroid Prime trilogy
Chrono Trigger

My unrealistic hopes and dreams.

I want Chrono Trigger. A remake using the engine of Octopath Traveler would be fantastic.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is good reason for a shadow drop. Nintendo directs tend to gather people to watch them, especially when they are announced a day or so in advanced, but with all the social isolation stuff going on, Nintendo may shadow drop it with the hope that people just stay home and watch it on their own - that's the responsible approach anyways.
Welcome and congrats to your first post, lurker!

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
Shadowdrop Direct Day:

Donkey Kong 3D Platformer
Wario World 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Paper Mario: Secret of the Gems
N64 & GameCube Remaster collection
Endless Ocean 3
Excite Ultimate (Truck, Bots, Karts, etc)
SSX HD

Most pipe dreams I know. =/
We are kindred spirits, sir. Add to this new entries in the Art Style series dedicated to Iwata for a franchise revival on switch, and a small new BoTW 2 tease and i don't need anything for my birthday this year.

are Skip LTD even working right now? Chibi Robo seems retired

HumanCentiPad

Mar 17, 2020
So guys, what do you think happened to whatever Retro was working on from DKC Tropical Freeze (2014) to Metroid Prime 4 (2019)?

What is the consensus? Did they freaking cancel it?

Method

Oct 25, 2017
So guys, what do you think happened to whatever Retro was working on from DKC Tropical Freeze (2014) to Metroid Prime 4 (2019)?

What is the consensus? Did they freaking cancel it?
No one knows. There was a rumor on here last year(?) that they were working on some kind of music based rpg game but it didn't work out. 6 years with no new games and then handed mp4 just makes no fucking sense

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is one of those morning announcements airing 8-9 hours later, technically making it 26th in the US.

"Surprise! We're back, catch it very soon."

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Then it dropped.
That was a mini. If this is a mini then people are going to be pissed.

Apr 21, 2018
What will be more painful tomorrow?
Finding out in the morning there is a Direct in the afternoon/evening and we have to wait all day for it.
Or.
Not knowing about a Direct, but having to wait in agony until it shadow drops in the afternoon/evening.

Also, if it's the second option, seriously everyone what is the cutoff hour that we give up hope?

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
What will be more painful tomorrow?
Finding out in the morning there is a Direct in the afternoon/evening and we have to wait all day for it.
Or.
Not knowing about a Direct, but having to wait in agony until it shadow drops in the afternoon/evening.

Also, if it's the second option, seriously everyone what is the cutoff hour that we give up hope?
The second, obviously. Knowing that there's a Direct incoming makes the wait exciting instead of agonizing.

I'd say we cut off hope at 3 PST.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this is so weird. I really can't believe they would do it like this but he seems confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.