• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
In a little over 2 hours the direct will be announced.
In the meantime im cooking pasta in a Tomato Pasata sauce with sliced salami, mushrooms, onion, garlic and merlot.
Hungry

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I still had more Kaiji gifs because this Nintendo Direct saga is getting longer than The Bog arc.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

He summoned the

BmZVw23.png

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
Isn't most of NOA's staff working from home right now? I absolutely could see a shadow drop of a full Direct.

Several other posters have already pointed out that companies are trying not to use up more than their share of Internet bandwidth right now. Plus, if staffers are working from home, if something were to go technically wrong during a live stream, the logistics of fixing those technical difficulties are much harder from home. Shadow-dropping a video would prevent several possible issues a live stream might present right now.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well the Nintendo Versus twitter tweeted about the Arms tournament at least

So there's that

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
What is new from today ? Does anyone still think it is happening today ?
I mean if they announce it late (which they can since everyone is in social media at their home no need to announce 24 hours in advance). Then maybe we will have just a few hours to wait until the direct.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What is new from today ? Does anyone still think it is happening today ?
I mean if they announce it late (which they can since everyone is in social media at their home no need to announce 24 hours in advance). Then maybe we will have just a few hours to wait until the direct.

Basically everyone who predicted there would be a Direct this week are still confidently predicting that there will be a Direct this week.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering how rapidly the COVID-19 situation is deteriorating, especially in the USA, I think punting the Nintendo Direct into the long grass would be wise.

I would have said that it isn't exactly Jeff Grubb's fault for being wrong, had he not doubled and tripled down today. As it stands, he's going to join the long list of self-proclaimed Nintendo insiders who wind up looking very dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.