• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Didn't Twitch go down for a couple hours yesterday?

And they also have to consider Youtube and Twitter and wherever else they stream Directs.
yeah it did, but I feel like the 1 mil or so people for the direct are a drop in the bucket compared to the total twitch viewers. Sony also had like 600k watching their presentation

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

rVi0rTp_d.jpg

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
There are too many rumored third party stuff to fit in a small Direct:

Bioshock Collection
XCOM 2
Catherine Full Body
Journey to the Savage Planet
Activision rumored lineup (Crash, Tony Hawk MW2 remaster, one of them will be there)
Virtuos's next port (rumored to be a Remedy game)
Jedi Academy/other Aspyr Star Wars remasters
Namco's Encore games (Mr. Driller, Klonoa, Splatterhouse)
Next Capcom ports (most likely DMC4)
Add 2 first party announcements to that and boom there's a mini direct

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I was laughed at for suggesting this earlier and while I'm not the most server/internet savvy person out there, someone please tell me if this makes sense:

We've heard reports of slower internet and reduced bandwidth with COVID-19 forcing many to work/stay at home. Wouldn't a simultaneous global livestream put extra strain on servers and run the risk of being very unstable and choppy, and downright unpleasant? Maybe Nintendo realizes this may be an issue and instead decides to just drop the Direct as a video, rather than live stream it.
Nintendo directs aren't live...

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
170px-WaluigiSMP2.png

you have been visited by Waluigi

the post Waluigi points to has a hint about the upcoming Nintendo Direct ™

I haven't seen it yet (view them?), so I'll get to discover the wonder and mystery of waa with you

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
hmmm a "mini lineup"

pikmin are mini, and mario vs dk mini is a series, right?

help me out detectives

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
This thread + COVID social distancing + your normal amount of social distancing = the worst takes I've seen on here in a long time.

Yeesh. I'm confident a Direct is likely coming soon, but these are unprecedented times. Just go with whatever happens and be happy.

Now then. If they don't give me news on BOTW 2, we riot. But only then.

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Oh those are just the rumored stuff. Expect games (more likely ports and remasters) from Square, Ubisoft and Namco to fill up the summer months. And more "big" indie games like Outer Wilds etc. This Direct is definitely gonna be packed.
But those rumored stuff won't necessarily be in there

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
Calling out leakers/insiders and going on the attack is utterly pathetic.

Have you never told someone something, only for it to not transpire? Things change.

Also, one can easily just ignore Nate, Zippo, et al.

Have a beer and just chill the fck out.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A Mini Direct after all these months would be surprising, but I just hope this means that they're going to announce games closer to release rather than them just having less games than before.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
A mini direct would cement my belief that Nintendo has a mini lineup for this year. I'm very much open to be proven wrong on that one.
They showed more games in that mini direct that had dark souls than a lot of general directs. Mini doesnt mean lack of games it means lack of time talking about them. Some of the 3rd party games probably already leaked anyway

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Calling out leakers/insiders and going on the attack is utterly pathetic.

Have you never told someone something, only for it to not transpire? Things change.

Also, one can easily just ignore Nate, Zippo, et al.

Have a beer and just chill the fck out.

You can't really ignore them if you visit this thread, they are mentioned all the time

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
If it's not a mini...then 10pm GMT is literally the last chance and if not, no direct until mid April if there is one.

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Well Jeff just said it's not a mini, interesting. Announcement today or next week it is then

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Maybe Nintendo just likes to see us squirm?

Edit: A shadowdropped regular Direct would be weird, but this is a weird year

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Jeff seems to be pretty sure

Would be hilarious if it gets announced in like two hours and all of the hissy fits thrown about seem extra silly

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's been happening during the last couple of hours?
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some clarification, myself. Is everyone freaking out over a fake twitter post again?

Nothing much actually.
Jeff Grubb doubled down on twitter today regarding his prediction for this week.
However when no twitter announcement was made at the time some users expected because PATTERNS, the thread fell into disarray.
One user decided to start keeping a public list of 'insiders' and grading them per their predictions, and the thread collectively sent him to the shadow realm for coming up with the perfect plan to convince those users never to speak to us again.
Nate made his feelings on that plan clear. An alt account showed up soon after to sass Nate for no real reason.
That shit put the thread into a worse mood. Coronavirus anxiety hasn't helped either.
And now we're at the stage where everyone just keeps telling each other to calm down even though not much is really happening and the main dudes stirring shit up are already on timeout.
Reset the clock!

Last edited:

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Any word about the Fiscal 2019 recap/2020 outlook investors meeting being delayed? If that's the case, then a marketing delay would make more sense

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
a shadowdropped full direct that's dropped on demand for quarantine would be a fittingly epic conclusion for this 4+ month saga

Status
Not open for further replies.