• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2019
Having a tier list is such a stupid idea... Insiders are people with information, not people with crystal balls lol. Things can get delayed, cancelled, moved around and changed very quickly. If it's not out in the public already, it makes even easier to make an internal decision... We should be happy with the inside information that we have and hope that something happens tomorrow. Making tier lists only fuel the sensationalism-type of gaming journalism (as we've seen in some websites...) and make insiders go away from the community.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
At what time today will you abandon all hope for a Direct this week? (If it doesn´t happen on Friday lmao)

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
What's amazing is that everyone is saying "don't," and the response isn't to not do it, it's to question everyone else for not wanting one.

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Serious suggestions of insider "tier" lists are the type of posts you'd usually get by some try-hard parody poster.

The fact that this one has some shitty animu husbando avatar just completes the cherry on a shit-sundae.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Why put a target on the backs of those sharing information? You making a tier list will result in one thing: Zell, myself, and others won't share anything from that point onward. So do as you wish & don't complain why no one mentions any bit of info again on this site or on Twitter.

Ok fair enough! I didn't think a list of people who have got things right in the past would make you or Zell etc 'a target', it was just a means of consolidating info and allowing newer members to be brought up to speed more quickly. You, Zell, Zippo etc are already household names here, putting you guys on a spreadsheet, imo, wouldn't direct more attention your way.

It seems the idea is too controversial for this place and for that reason alone it wouldn't work; a massive shame given that it works on other major speculation websites.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Things can change by the hr. It's almost like a pandemic is putting the world on pause this week.

Anyway...since Jeff Grubbs is still confident given how 3 different sources told him about the Direct happening tomorrow, I hope the plans haven't changed today. I assume you have no new updates on the matter though.

Apr 21, 2018
If a "tier list" is made on this site, then folks can go right the fuck off.

Things can change by the hr. It's almost like a pandemic is putting the world on pause this week.

I mean, the mere idea of an insider tier list is completely asinine. What does that even look like or mean? To what end do people get ranked in tiers? By who's accord?

I find the very notion of ranking insiders to be ridiculous and entirely futile. It honestly seems like a weird passive aggressive way to get angry at insiders for not making their nintendo dreams comes true.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Honestly the general "direct speculation" threads only contribute to shit like this. There's probably more bad to come from them than good.
I couldn't agree more, tbh. I've been reading this threads start to finish due to boredom from the very beginning and they are insufferable when people starts puting targets on other users. They are kindly enough to share the info they get and they don't deserve nothing like this.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
inciting member war.
Hm... i dont really see it. I would not get that from the list and that rule. Im also not a mod, so not for me to decide.

I would argue let him do it, and ignore the thread. On the other hand, since resetera opened the gates to everyone we had some really... not that bright or honest users, so maybe i see where the problem lies.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh the "Insider Tier List" already happened once before on the Switch Rumour Archive and as a result made it far too easy for Nintendo to track down the leakers and plug them up further, and is the primary reason why that thread has died and is no longer active save occasional necro bumps.

I'm shocked we even have ANY kind of insiders, regardless of or in spite of their track record, after that debacle.

(Which reminds me, I want to thank those of you that have stuck around in these cesspools <4)

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Hi, NintendoERA. I have been lurking since the 2018 January thread, but I am happy to be joining in the fray now...just in time for the March 26 Direct.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
There's going to be an "insiders tier list"? Lmao.

Also, why you all getting upset? Still 2 hours remains till the announcement

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Nate's an all around great fighter and deals a ton of damage but his recovery move leaves him vulnerable. I'll put him at an A-tier. Now John from Gamexplain, he's SS-tier. His I-frames before and after doing a Smash attack are ridiculous. I can't believe they charged money for a character this broken. Sakurai, please nerf.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
insiders get dunked on with or without some silly list.

hell when they are right no one goes "oh wow look at that" its all broken clock and anyone could have guessed that.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Me catching up on the last few pages of this thread:

source.gif

Oct 28, 2019
Just as insufferable is the metacommentary in this thread - I saw a post earlier saying people here should seek therapy and shit like that. Great contributions all around.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh... I believed in the report for this week but now I have lost confidence.

Well at least Animal Crossing is exciting and keeping me occupied. I actually don't feel too interested about a Direct now.

Shawksta

Banned
Mar 25, 2020
User Banned (permanent): troll account
Nate finally comes back only to whine about one guy making a tier list.
Relax dude. Or is your ego getting the better of you?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Nate had a good discussion video about Nintendo direct obsession.

cause it proved some of the point they made again today.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
JFC why can't y'all chill the fuck out. Tier lists and calling people out directly, straight garbo.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
i just want to say I am enjoying this mess of a thread

bored as fuck at work and its making my day speed by.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
We are a the point of everyone being negative again.
People will try to change the topic and then others will be like "THIS IS ABOUT NINTENDO NOT PIZZA"
and then everyone will be negative again.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Like some parts of the world, this thread also need to be in lock-down mode. The residents are going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.