• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Yep :P
The point is, everything in the world is either delayed or stopped right now. Even the things that always took place regardless of everything (except during world wars). It's clear that a glorified marketing video (that I extremely love like everyone else in here) may be postponed due to the situation.
the theory would hold water if we haven't got a nindies last week.

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
it's gooorgeous. you'll love it.

It's actually for my wife. She's been looking forward to this game since the first announcement, got so excited for the Console, and then things got a bit dicey with Amazon (they emailed last week to say it's sold out, despite me preordering mid February 😐). Anyway, she's getting it and I'm so happy! She put so many hours into New Leaf!

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I leaked the Crash Bandicoot mobile game and investigated and spotted Spyro Reignited a month before it was announced can I get on the tier-list preferably at like a solid D- or F+? I'll negotiate down to a regular F for $15 USD and a bag of Ruffles queso flavored chips (appx. $3.69)

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
And people wonder why insiders have stopped visiting us or saying anything.
The ones that are usually consistently right still "visit us" though.
Outside of Emily for other reasons obviously.

edit:
and hell, Zippo is still a regular in this thread despite not being in this category. You're reading things where there isn't anything.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
some of us have truly gone off the deep end. Is it a result of this drought or droughts past? who knows

Again, lack of detail here. Just bravado.

This list is just going to be a basic spreadsheet of people who have been right in the past so that people know who is reliable. It's probably the most reasonable thing ever suggested in entertainment history.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I've gotten word that Nintendo will be sending the Ninja's after whichever leakers Lyre tiers as S+, as they are existential threats

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Hey y'all. Can somebody please update me?
So the usual time for an announcement passed, right?
Now, what's the consensus, we hope for an announcement later today or one more week of hell?

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
See, our problem is that Dark Cloud got unbanned too early. He needed to be banned at announcement time, so our sacrifice was revoked, and the Direct Gods have cursed us

Oct 28, 2019
Why would I get banned for it? And I don't see why or how I could get ridiculed, this is standard practice on speculation websites much MUCH larger than ERA.

Because video games is different to football. Harassment of a tier 4 journalist writing some shit on a ridiculous transfer just doesn't happen, but oh boy do the nerds rage when a video game leaker get something wrong. That's why there's also this whole (subjectively unfounded) protective culture around video game leakers.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
People have been saying the same about every 'insider'; the truth is they do not have a reliable history or they are incompletely incapable of judging their 'sources'.

Harker and Zell are the only reliable members at this point, and this will be reflected on the tier list when it's made.
You do know Zell was also saying a N64 Mini was coming in 2018.

I think people should judge case by case.
We could dig up old things for everyone where they were wrong.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
If a "tier list" is made on this site, then folks can go right the fuck off.

Things can change by the hr. It's almost like a pandemic is putting the world on pause this week.

baltic

Oct 27, 2017
Can you please clarify in detail what the problem is?
If I remember right, there wa a discussion around the creation of the Nintendo rumor thread. It was deemed appropriate to list if the rumors turned out right or not, but to explicitely manage an insider scorecard was not well received by admin.

Could be wrong though, I have a bad memory these days. Maybe someone can chime in to complete.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy

Things are changing and getting worse on a hourly basis right now. And the proper Direct was clearly going to address infos about a retail spring/summer line-up. Which wouldn't make much sense by now, considering countries in quarantine and big problems in the actual production and distribution of the products.

Also, there's no first party and retail stuff on a Nindies video (where a lot of the digital games shown are coming in the second half of the year). I'm not saying it's impossible to have a Direct tomorrow, but I'm saying that it would make sense for them to postpone it (and maybe they already did).

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

That far from dismisses it. We have know way of knowing how long ago the nindies direct was cut and ready to go, nor what the pipeline for creating these directs looks like. They're also fundamentally different: nindies = external products to nintendo, making it less likely to be cancelled / changed. If Nintendo is now looking at how the pandemic is going to impact the rest of their year, it may change the contents / focus of the direct entirely.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Why? And I mean this in the nicest way. If you really don't want me to make one then I wont, but could you clarify why in detail?
Why put a target on the backs of those sharing information? You making a tier list will result in one thing: Zell, myself, and others won't share anything from that point onward. So do as you wish & don't complain why no one mentions any bit of info again on this site or on Twitter.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
If a "tier list" is made on this site, then folks can go right the fuck off.

Things can change by the hr. It's almost like a pandemic is putting the world on pause this week.

Yeah, the tier list is a horrible idea. ResetEra has already obtained to scare off several people due to toxicity. A tier list would only make things worse. Putting targets and all. We don't need a tier list.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
This is a shit idea and you'll probably get banned for it, and definitely rightly ridiculed. We've been through this song and dance
Im not interested in this list and dont see the point, but based on what rule will he get banned?
As far as i see it, he van make a list, as long as he doesnt promote it as the "official" resetera list it should be absolutely okay, it reflects his belife/meaning which leakers are belivable.
Its on the people to take his list seriously or not.

I know the argument that it would lead to ridiculing of some people (which is a bad thing and the reason im not a fan od the idea), but that would be on the people doing it, not on him. Essentially this already happens, just not centralized (like, when someone posts a link to ... man, im bad with name. sabi? Everybody posts "dont belive her" "jost kopies others" "her only true leak was a hack"... the same, just not in list form)

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
That far from dismisses it. We have know way of knowing how long ago the nindies direct was cut and ready to go, nor what the pipeline for creating these directs looks like. They're also fundamentally different: nindies = external products to nintendo, making it less likely to be cancelled / changed. If Nintendo is now looking at how the pandemic is going to impact the rest of their year, it may change the contents / focus of the direct entirely.
yeah, I can see that.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Harker and Zell are the only reliable members at this point, and this will be reflected on the tier list when it's made.

Emily has been extremely reliable in recent years. She's definitely on the same level as Zell.

I'm not sure what "reliable" means here exactly, since no one, including Zell, has an absolutely spotless accuracy level, but if you're saying that some (like Emily and Zell) have a better track record than others, that's certainly true. Although I think any list has to be probabilistic ("X insider has been right 70% of the time") rather than a simple ranking of "good" and "bad" insiders, since the vast majority of them have mixed records and can't simply be categorized as reliable or unreliable.

Edit:
Well she quit and headed for the hills, didn't she? That's pretty gg on that front.

She's dialed back her activity because she's having her first child (pretty damn understandable) but she still seems to be hinting at things on twitter from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.