• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
The suspense is killlllling me. I won't be crushed if we don't get one this week but don't wanna refresh this thread for the entire day aha

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
This is nothing compared to the announcement that "Pokemon Stars" was actually Ultra Sun / Moon and also on 3DS rather than Switch.

That was probably the worst meltdown I've seen on this forum.

Oct 27, 2017
I spent all of 2020 wanting for Xbox Series X/PS5 news, now that I've got the majority of it outside of price, I'm starting to feel the stress of non 2020 Direct so far with my fellow Nintendo fans lol. Hopefully we get one soon. I'd think they'd have one this month for April-Aug, and then E3-ish one for Fall/Holiday 2020 with minor 2021 teases.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Grubb still seems very confident, maybe I'm grabing at straws but that's giving me a little hope it's just going to be a weird announcement time (maybe 11pm CET like AC, and a Direct on Friday?).

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Things are not always what they seem, plans can change and people loves to jump into conclusions and be rude against the people in the knows. I can't understand how are they so patient with this, ever and ever again.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
If anybody wants to grasp at these straws. 8 PM in France should be 3.5 hours from now.
8 PM would be such a weird time, the only reasonable timing would be 11PM since usually general Directs air at that time, thus giving a 24h heads-up, still don't expect anything or you'll be disappointed

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
I've said this several times over the past month without too much traction, the virus has messed everything up. Even if production/development was not a problem, you have a workforce out of work that needs money to buy games. Yes, Animal Crossing did well but people think the virus is a joke still and when the situation gets a bit more dire, people won't be buying games off the shelves anymore, heck, there may not be any shelves to buy games off with store closures and they will need to rely on Amazon/UPS/etc.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Two options here:
1. There's still going to be a Direct, either a shadowdropped Mini or a weird announcement time
2. The Direct planned for March 26 was internally delayed at the eleventh hour. Too many credible people are backing this, so let's not go crucifying someone if there isn't a Direct this week

but I have the cross ready to go and everything

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if people in this thread are living under a rock otherwise I can't explain all the "who" questions. I mean I don't know every person on this planet either but someone who frequents this site often should be familiar with Dr. Serkan Toto. And even if you don't know him you can always check that person's bio on Twitter lol.
My head is straight into video games constantly. I read era for hours and spend a ton of my internet time on this site. I have never heard of or seen the name Serkan Toto until I read your post.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I've got some of the same sources as VB. Now getting word that the Direct is the first week of April.
tenor.gif

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
At this point I'll take it. Just give us something to look forward to in Q1.

Heh, while I would gladly take a Mini as well, it's hard to think that after 6 months since the last general Direct they'd do a Mini.
But who knows. I'm not losing hope, it's just too weird that there hasn't been announcements for 2020, both dates for things we already know about and new stuff.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
My head is straight into video games constantly. I read era for hours and spend a ton of my internet time on this site. I have never heard of or seen the name Serkan Toto until I read your post.

Do you frequent Nintendo financial threads? I haven't lately but at least in the past he'd be mentioned frequently IIRC

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Screw it, I'm riding this train for the rest of today, at least. Enough people in the know are still acting confident about March. If it's 1st week, of April, so be it. But man, after that, I'm really going to be impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.