• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I knew it. It'll be in mid april. They will show gAmes from may.
If it doesn't happen, it will be e3 only. Everyone has stopped since covid appearence.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, im waiting till the day is over

if nothing is announced, then we will get only a e3 direct

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
So you're really going to argue getting Animal Crossing is equal to BOTW, MK8D, ARMS, and Splatoon 2? All of those games came out in the first 5 months after the Switch launch.

No to be honest I would have argued that your original post about Switch line up's getting worse every years was idiotic considering 2019 was the Switch best year, and ironically featured a 5 month period that included Three Houses, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Dragon Quest XI S.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
So you're really going to argue getting Animal Crossing is equal to BOTW, MK8D, ARMS, and Splatoon 2? All of those games came out in the first 5 months after the Switch launch.

The Switch launched in March. At no point during the Switch's lifespan has anything but ports and eShop games been released in January and February. If we see no releases between now and July (when Splatoon was released), then you'll have a point. Currently you're comparing two very different things.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I'll give it the day, but if there's nothing, yeah COVID-19 messed shit up internally. I do remember when people said that a month ago and were deemed silly. Not so silly anymore!

I just don't see the point of the Mini. Feels like too wide a gap needs to be filled for only 18-20 minutes of announcements. Who knows.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the only possible way it can happen this week is if Nintendo decides to just shadowdrop the Direct completely.

With COVID-19 putting a strain on internet infrastructure worldwide would it make more sense for them to not try and do a livestream? And just drop a video?

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Right now there is no first party titles dated and nothing announced aside from Xenoblade.

Unless the entire spring/summer lineup has been cancelled because of the pandemic, I'd expect twitter announcements very soon at the very least.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
At this point, we have to accept that eventually, games will come. It might take a year, but Nintendo will eventually release games again.

Video games aren't important right now. Stay safe everybody.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I doubt it's a Mini Direct because they haven't teased it like they did with the January 2018 Direct.

Oct 26, 2017
Right now there is no first party titles dated and nothing announced aside from Xenoblade.

Unless the entire spring/summer lineup has been cancelled because of the pandemic, I'd expect twitter announcements very soon at the very least.

They may just have had nothing scheduled for April and May and all games scheduled for June+ have to be delayed a month due to more working at home.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
I must have imagined the various livestreams and reveals that Nintendo have put out since the turn of the year then.

Yes. It's gone midnight in Japan.

It depends. What if they announce it at the same time as the Animal Crossing Direct, i.e. 11:00 PM CET / 07:00 JPT? They already broke so many patterns, what's one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.