• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
What an absolute fucking joke this is. Unbelievable. I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid. I'm 32 now. I bought the Wii at launch. The Wii U at launch. And now the Switch at launch. I've supported both their home console and hardware business. I'm as true as a fan can be. I've supported them through thick and thin, stuck by them through the worst of storms. And this is how they repay me? This is how they treat their fans? Every day I wake up hoping for a new Direct. I check for updates all through work, while I eat dinner, and right before I go to bed. I tell people at work about the Nintendo Directs and how great they are. How they're like Christmas, or even better. Every Direct I buy myself a celebration pack, full of muchable goodies to enjoy while I watch. I treat myself because I consider Directs a special experience, an event to be celebrated because Nintendo care about their fans. Or so I thought. It's been MONTHS since the last Direct. There hasn't been a full Direct this year AT ALL and it's almost April. There wasn't one at the end of last year either. As far as Nintendo is treating fans they might as well not even have games. That their fans are just garbage to be cast aside and they'll just wait and wait and wait for a Direct that wont come. Well not me. Guess what? If Nintendo thinks they can have no Direct and no Games, I guess I will have no Switch. Goodbye, Nintendo...
Lol how long were you saving that one.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could very well see with the work from situation all around the world them not having the pipeline to make one of these with the level of production it requires maybe?

OP
OP
chase beck

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Sure, but..we've been expecting news since January. And justifiably, given their silence and blank slate for the rest of the year.

They're not doomed, but it sucks. Hard. Especially when 2018 and 2019 weren't amazing years from them either imo.
Stop expecting news. Nintendo doesn't owe you anything and when the news comes, it comes.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
So... Yeah, this is the first time I'm completly perplexed. I just can't see how March can go by without any game announcements for the year. Wow.

Oct 28, 2019
What an absolute fucking joke this is. Unbelievable. I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid. I'm 32 now. I bought the Wii at launch. The Wii U at launch. And now the Switch at launch. I've supported both their home console and hardware business. I'm as true as a fan can be. I've supported them through thick and thin, stuck by them through the worst of storms. And this is how they repay me? This is how they treat their fans? Every day I wake up hoping for a new Direct. I check for updates all through work, while I eat dinner, and right before I go to bed. I tell people at work about the Nintendo Directs and how great they are. How they're like Christmas, or even better. Every Direct I buy myself a celebration pack, full of muchable goodies to enjoy while I watch. I treat myself because I consider Directs a special experience, an event to be celebrated because Nintendo care about their fans. Or so I thought. It's been MONTHS since the last Direct. There hasn't been a full Direct this year AT ALL and it's almost April. There wasn't one at the end of last year either. As far as Nintendo is treating fans they might as well not even have games. That their fans are just garbage to be cast aside and they'll just wait and wait and wait for a Direct that wont come. Well not me. Guess what? If Nintendo thinks they can have no Direct and no Games, I guess I will have no Switch. Goodbye, Nintendo...

Perfect timing :lol

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

This reads like a copypasta but it's hard to tell these days...

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Is this tongue in cheek?

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I can feel this post, deep in my heart.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Nintendo has been dead silent since September last year
October: Announced and released Ring Fit Adventure, The Stretchers
November: Smash Fighter #4 Terry Bogard released
December: Indie World
January: Pokemon Direct confirms a Sword/Shield expansion pass and PMD remake, Smash Fighter #5 revealed, Cindered Shadows release date given
February: Animal Crossing Direct
March: Indie World

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
I will be reporting you for spreading misinformation and flame-bating. I hope everyone does the same and that you go discuss your pseudoscience with your flat-earth pals.

I think so, at least since the Wii days. Maybe it happened during the end of the GC era, but I doubt it. Wasn't there a spreadsheet floating around here with the timeline from announcement to release of every single first-party game?
I just hope your family doesn't suffer the disgrace s of CANCER.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i just added a wii u, a copy of woolly world, 3d world, and starfox zero to my cart on amazon. Somebody stop me please.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I'm starting to believe the project I'm working on at work is directly connected to the upcoming direct. It was slated for January but was delayed to february, and then 3 different delays in march alone. THe last one about an hour ago until the week after next.

I'm gonna let you know when our project goes live and it will be the same week as the direct ;P

OP
OP
chase beck

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
This is strange but people need to remember that there are much more important things going on in the world than Nintendo not giving you what you want.

Sethler

Jun 13, 2019
Nintendo announce the Sonic & Mario at the olympic games 2020 remake called Sonic & Mario at the olympic games 2021 already! C'mon!

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
There are thousands of illnesses and diseases that are way worse and kill more people every year, yet no one cares. It's just hypocritical to say so now when one has had a lot of people in his family suffer other diseases that are infinitely worse, more widespread and media isn't saying anything. Money makes the world.go round.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Are you living under a literal rock..?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
October: Announced and released Ring Fit Adventure, The Stretchers
November: Smash Fighter #4 Terry Bogard released
December: Indie World
January: Pokemon Direct confirms a Sword/Shield expansion pass and PMD remake, Smash Fighter #5 revealed, Cindered Shadows release date given
February: Animal Crossing Direct
March: Indie World

lets not pretend any of these are big announcements, or the announcements that we would get excited over.

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020

Nintendo owes you nothing.

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Is this copypasta. Jesus.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Here's a question: how much advance notice of a Direct do journalists get? Nintendo must send a press release out to major publications and reporters, right? Does this happen at the same time as the public tweet or a few days hours/before? I imagine it has to be the latter, just because so many sites and youtube channels have pre-Direct discussions and other coverage that needs to go up as quickly as possible after the public announcement, since those pieces lose their value after the Direct actually happens.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly Nintendo forgot to make any games because they were unfortunately spending all their money on theme parks and theatrical films.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how i thought the thread was gonna be:
anigif_sub-buzz-3444-1580329696-10.gif

how it actually is:
tenor.gif

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
lets not pretend any of these are big announcements, or the announcements that we would get excited over.
Let's not pretend a) there's a collective 'we' that has the same reaction to announcements b) news for 3 of Nintendo's biggest games isn't news or c) that Nintendo have been "dead silent" since September.

We can acknowledge that Nintendo's slate for 2020 is unusually empty without denying reality and claiming there's been no news since September. The news that Smash was getting a second expansion pass and that Pokemon was shifting to an expansion model were both big pieces of news.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Here's hoping for at least a XC DE tweet With a new trailer and release date soon cuz a direct sure as fuck ain't happening.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
This is more entertaining than any Direct tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.