• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I'll wait til the announcement window has truly closed before losing hope.

domido89b

Sep 11, 2018
fetchimage

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Calm down.

They can still have a Direct next week. They can still release games in April and May. They can still have a Direct at E3's digital event.

It's hard to imagine anything of note releasing with basically no build up and no time for marketing.

If anything at all gets released from Nintendo in the months of april and may, it'll either be in a direct really soon (and even then, that's probably still leaving April as a wash), or maybe Xenoblade 1 DE.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Are there still people who haven't bought AC yet? Maybe Nintendo don't want have another Direct before everyone buys AC. Not just Switch owners, everyone. PlayStation and Xbox folks too. Buy it, people.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Nintendo went from the best opening weekend of all time in Japan to closing shop in less than 5 days.

Damn...

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I'm disappointed as much as everyone else, but I am not at all surprised.

I still wouldn't rule out an announcement of a new game coming to digital in the next few weeks, but other than that... I stand by my earlier gut feeling that it simply makes no sense to do a Direct right now.

Continued radio silence also does not make sense though... and I do think that will end soon.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
User banned (one week): dismissive commentary around a global pandemic
It's coming today, y'all. Please relax and grateful you and your family are healthy unlike many others around the world right now.
There are thousands of illnesses and diseases that are way worse and kill more people every year, yet no one cares. It's just hypocritical to say so now when one has had a lot of people in his family suffer other diseases that are infinitely worse, more widespread and media isn't saying anything. Money makes the world.go round.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I've been saying E3 since February. So this doesn't affect me. But now that E3 is cancelled, I guess it could be any time. At this point, they likely dont have any big releases before June, though. So there wouldn't be much point.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm disappointed as much as everyone else, but I am not at all surprised.

I still wouldn't rule out an announcement of a new game coming to digital in the next few weeks, but other than that... I stand by my earlier gut feeling that it simply makes no sense to do a Direct right now.

Continued radio silence also does not make sense though... and I do think that will end soon.

Radio silence will end with tomorrow's PR about Animal Crossing sales anyway.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Are there still people who haven't bought AC yet? Maybe Nintendo don't want have another Direct before everyone buys AC. Not just Switch owners, everyone. PlayStation and Xbox folks too. Buy it, people.
I haven't buought it yet, since I fear that I drop it as soon as a new game is released (e.g., XenoblaDE), like it happened for me with New Leaf.

Kyu

Banned
Jan 20, 2020
User warned: Hostility through a number of posts
Imagine being delusional and manipulated since january 😂😂😂😂😂

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
We'll get something eventually! Disappointed that it looks like it won't be tomorrow, but this just means the next Direct will be even more of a banger! ...Right?

Apr 21, 2018
Nintendo has to sell things right? They can't go 2 months til June with nothing but the Xenoblade remake can they? They have SO many developers and projects.

At this point, Xenoblade is all I could possible expect before June. I predict it will actually be a June release, and the only other retail 1st party release from now until end of June. Kind of shitty I know.

In general Nintendo announces games atleast 3 months in advance. So if the direct is in April, July is the soonest I'd expect to see unannounced games.

Status
Not open for further replies.