• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
People sure are hysterical over this. There's been enough information to go on that something is occurring tomorrow and people are quick to go jump in to the dramatic despair route.

The last Direct we had was announced at 8am Japan time. Wait till then before the whining.
On Tuesday.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Watch it be announced tonight

or not. no point in trying to understand what's going on there anymore :(

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
man, when people said that Animal Crossing was the last major Nintendo franchise to come to Switch, I didn't think they meant it so literally

edit: this post is a joke

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
They seriously only have Animal Crossing, some third-party ports and a couple of DLC updates until June?

It's getting too late for anything announced now to even be released before then.

There aren't even third party ports before E3. Trials of Mana, W101 and Naruto 4 are our only games. Three games in three months. Talk about a drought.

We even lost Jedi Academy for tomorrow.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is happening over at that company. The virus is affecting everyone but the radio silence is frustrating af. I wish they would at least say something like "we will be discussing our holiday 2020 titles and beyond at a future date thanks for your patience" this is ridiculous.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
That AC Direct was announced on a Tuesday evening for Thursday morning though, not the next morning.
Yes, but General Directs are always announced one day later than game-specific ones. And a general wouldn't be in the morning. We would be looking at an announcement 24 hours before the presentation.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't really fault Nintendo considering the situation we're in right now.
But man, I also can't deny that it's getting really frustrating...

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Calm down.

They can still have a Direct next week. They can still release games in April and May. They can still have a Direct at E3's digital event.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
man, the implication that everything got delayed because of the global health crisis puts a massive damper on the thread

I don't think waiting is gonna be fun anymore, knowing that it's taking so long because companies and governments are just trying to keep people safe.
Yeah, this has to be happening now. I think back in January and February Nintendo simply didn't plan on a Direct either of those months - given we had Pokemon, Smash, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing news etc - but at this point it's got to be the pandemic that's changed things.

That, or we get an announcement at 8am JST. I'm not going to hold my breath.

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Strange days for everyone including Nintendo.

This is the biggest thing.

Everything is day to day at these corporations right now. Development and production timelines are all up in the air.

I think a direct still comes soon, but plans about when exactly it will be probably change daily at this point.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's coming today, y'all. Please relax and grateful you and your family are healthy unlike many others around the world right now.

Plum

May 31, 2018
latest

Not lets all agree to never believe Direct leaks again...

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just wanna be off this train guys.

Nintendo has to sell things right? They can't go 2 months til June with nothing but the Xenoblade remake can they? They have SO many developers and projects.

There's no way Corona is hitting theme this hard, Japan in general is doing better than a lot of countries with this. I just don't get them as a company at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.