• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
In the first month, in the 4th OT, when the time between Directs lengthened, Era stood. Burned by the embers of Chibi Robo, their souls blistered by the fires of hype and tainted beyond comprehension, they chose the path of perpetual anticipation.

In their ravenous excitement they found no peace, and with boiling blood they scoured the Direct website seeking hints towards the announcements they so wanted.

They posted gifs of the Clock Resetter, and those that witnessed the strength of their hype named them... the Direct Seekers.

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
I expect an announcment but if Nintendo don't..... I will give up hope on Directs. Though I do expect an announcment soon. See you all in about 50 mins

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Either 48 minutes until announcement or its going to be announced sometime today regardless.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
That's like asking a patent to choose a favourite child!

I genuinely love them all, but I probably have to say The Trial. I read it when I was in my early teens, it was my first 'grown up book', and it properly weirded the shit out of me. He isn't easy to read, but I couldn't put the book down.

How about you?
very similar, I also love the Trial! And I really like his shorter works. Also the Penal Colony!

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a sudden bout of pessimism.

Completely irrational, of course, but I'm not feeling it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Are y'all trying to suggest Nintendo won't do their regularly scheduled Direct in the second week of June? Because that's silly. Every other Publisher is moving to directs, why would they suddenly cancel it?
The week of E3 is still happening and nintendo is more than likely to have a direct no matter what, its not like that plan changed of theres.

Yall are petty for jumping down my throat for that one lmao

Of course they will do a June Direct but we've had dozens of people lately coming in and going "lol you guys are stupid, just wait for E3" lately. It's getting annoying as hell.

E3 is not a thing this year, they will have a June Direct like they always do but that will not be the first Direct of the year.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Of course they will do a June Direct but we've had dozens of people lately coming in and going "lol you guys are stupid, just wait for E3" lately. It's getting annoying as hell.

E3 is not a thing this year, they will have a June Direct like they always do but that will not be the first Direct of the year.

Not saying they won't, but I wouldn't take a June direct for granted - a lot of game companies are revisiting their E3 strategies, including the date itself.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018

Sorry I dont come into this thread like at all, especially after we got nothing in January cause it just becomes people talking about nothing for the most part. I was just saying what I felt and in no way was trying to predict or state lol

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying they won't, but I wouldn't take a June direct for granted - a lot of game companies are revisiting their E3 strategies, including the date itself.

Eh, Nintendo plans these things months in advance. I would not be surprised if they had planned their "E3" announcements long before E3 was actually cancelled.

They'll use the same time (or around the same time) to do their typical presentation and do an in-house Treehouse stream too.

Sorry I dont come into this thread like at all, especially after we got nothing in January cause it just becomes people talking about nothing for the most part. I was just saying what I felt and in no way was trying to predict or state lol

Sorry for snapping, it's just been building up for the past few days and some people (not you) have been really obnoxious about it.

Oct 31, 2017
Unpredictable Nintendo is the most likely of all companies to see a change like this and just say, "Let's do something different." Hell they may find GDC more reliable, or a random time during the summer, or generally early fall then a late October direct. Can't ever tell what they're planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.