• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
potential sizzle reel material:
  • the outer worlds
  • doom eternal
  • trials of mana
  • disco elysium
  • DMC4
  • minecraft dungeons (again)
  • story of seasons friends of mineral town
  • wonderful 101 remastered
  • panzer dragoon
  • little nightmares 2
  • lego star wars skywalker saga
  • empire of sun
  • final fantasy crystal chronicles
  • yokai watch 4
  • brigandine
  • moon: remix RPG
  • fairy tail
  • shantae and the seven sirens
Would be a great third party compilation, I have to say.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
potential sizzle reel material:
  • the outer worlds
  • doom eternal
  • trials of mana
  • disco elysium
  • DMC4
  • minecraft dungeons (again)
  • story of seasons friends of mineral town
  • wonderful 101 remastered
  • panzer dragoon
  • little nightmares 2
  • lego star wars skywalker saga
  • empire of sun
  • final fantasy crystal chronicles
  • yokai watch 4
  • brigandine
  • moon: remix RPG
  • fairy tail
  • shantae and the seven sirens

Eheh, "Empire of Sun" was the cancelled Disney animated movie that later morphed into what we know as "Emperor's New Groove".

My guess for sizzle reel would look like this:

• The Outer Worlds
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3
  • Code Vein
  • Captain Tsubasa
  • Star Ocean 4 Remastered
  • Panzer Dragoon
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Dirt 4
  • Plants vs Zombies 3
  • Tropico 6
  • Ancestors Legacy
  • Iron Harvest 1920
  • Wonderful 101
  • Maneater
  • World War Z
  • FFCC
  • Subnautica

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
prediction time: danganronpa 4 is coming to us exclusively as the wait for the next general direct

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil

HumanCentiPad

Mar 17, 2020
Fair enough.

But my personal theory is that he knows about their E3/June Direct which will have a big Ubisoft announcement like Mario+Rabbids 2. So there can be one this week but not the one he knows of.

I have no idea why a lot of people are saying he might be referring to a Smash Direct though.
That's because the next Smash fighter always comes with their own Directs. Again, Byleth was ready by November last year and Project Sora/Sakurai are only working on these fighters. It's pretty reasonable to assume that the next fighter will be delivered by April at the latest, so there must be a Direct there. The exception would be if the next fighter is released directly after this week's Direct like Banjo was, in that case the Smash Direct would follow the general Direct stream.
maybe a ubisoft character, that would be interesting
I was thinking the same. As Rabbids and Assassin's Creed were already represented via Mii costumes when Nintendo already knew that they were going to do Fighters Pass 2, it's a bit unlikely, but still possible. In that case, I could see Rayman or Prince of Persia. I think either would AWESOME additions

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Why is everyone so sure Geno is going to be the first chartcter?
We're not sure, we're willing it to existence.
Lol, speaking seriously, if Geno is going to be in, it would make sense for him to be the first one announced bc:
1- would take him out of the way before introducing more well known characters;
2- he's being one of the most wanted characters for ages and even Sakurai acknowledged that. Revealing a fan favorite as the first fighter would set the tone.
3- it's a Nintendo Direct, after a long time which fans are well aware of but not as wide spread as E3 or Game Awards to mainstream where Nintendo will prefer to announce the more well known characters like Joker and Hero were.
4- WE ARE DESPERATE.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a six four Impala

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area

Having an unknown, dead character become the face of the fighter pass would be a terrible idea. That's not how you sell DLC.

Joker sold the first FP. Geno would not sell the second.

2- he's being one of the most wanted characters for ages and even Sakurai acknowledged that. Revealing a fan favorite as the first fighter would set the tone.

The vast majority of people who bought Smash have no idea who he is or where he's from. It'd be better to start of the pass with someone like Dante, Crash, Heihachi, or Lara Croft.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I'm here to confirm that Nintendo will be announcing Fire Emblem: Three Houses 2 featuring Edelgard and no one else

HumanCentiPad

Mar 17, 2020
Lol, speaking seriously, if Geno is going to be in, it would make sense for him to be the first one announced bc:
3- it's a Nintendo Direct, after a long time which fans are well aware of but not as wide spread as E3 or Game Awards to mainstream where Nintendo will prefer to announce the more well known characters like Joker and Hero were.
4- WE ARE DESPERATE.
I would disagree. Based on the first pass and Nintendo's greediness, I would say it is in their best interest to get the most popular characters in as soon as possible so that people will buy the Fighters Pass as soon as possible. Geno is not really a popular or not even really known character outside the Smash fanbase.

Even within the Smash fanbase, there is a lot of rejection towards the idea of Geno getting in instead of other more iconic characters. I think there are a bunch of other potential fighters that would be more fitting for the first spot in this pass.

I do believe Spirits deconfirm as well, but that's somewhat personal.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Is that really midgen for Nintendo though? Their console cycles usually last about 5 years, and it takes 4 years for handheld revisions. 2021 is the 4 year mark and spring 2022 is the 5 year.

I just don't see BotW 2 releasing after 2021. Some people are even thinking later this year but I think it could be either then or sometime next year

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
4- WE ARE DESPERATE.

That's not really a reason for him to be the first fighter. If anything they would want a popular character to be the first fighter so they can sell the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.