• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Reposting this since it was like one of the last posts and I got annoyed by everyone switching to Doomed after Emily's tweet:

BotW2 would be one of the most heavily protected IP's and teams there.

I highly doubt many insiders' sources (even if they're Nintendo employees) would have access to anything going on with that team outside of internal rumors and ballparks. Maybe BoTW2 is on track for 2020, maybe not, but I doubt that Emily or anyone else would necessarily know at this point.

BoTW2 - whether meant to be the big Holiday game or not - will be one of the biggest flagship games of the Switch's life. They're gonna want to play their cards as close to the chest as humanly possible there.

If an insider wants to prove me wrong tho I'm happy to take it

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No matter what happens, stay safe everyone. It's a crazy world out there.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
oh boy, during this thread I'll turn 20 and Animal Crossing will come out

maybe the combination of these things will make me a calmer, more level-headed and introspective person. maybe. I hope.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Nothing about Emily tweet deconfirmed BotW 2.

It may happen this year and it may not, but I am honestly getting a bit tired of seeing dramatic and definitive declarations based on flimsy evidence.

Thank you - honestly, it's exhausting. Maybe we'll get it, maybe not - I personally think that they'll do everything in their power to make it happen for holiday 2020 (though of course the current pandemic is throwing everything into question). I wish we could stop taking everything as a reason to panic.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
New thread hype!

Just give me MPT and Pikmin 4 (or Pikmin Trilogy) and I won't complain about anything ever again.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Thank you - honestly, it's exhausting. Maybe we'll get it, maybe not - I personally think that they'll do everything in their power to make it happen for holiday 2020 (though of course the current pandemic is throwing everything into question). I wish we could stop taking everything as a reason to panic.
Sadly, there are people who gloat over their anxiety.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If BotW2 was mean for this year I wouldn't be shocked if it gets delayed because of the coronavirus.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Uhm, isn't that basically what we're basing everything on? (Only half joking tbqh)
Yes but I have noticed that we tend to jump to negative conclusions more readily.

Like that time a user came around to say something about Retro's game that he supposedly heard "over two bears" and , because what he said was negative, the thread took his words seriously when they tend to be more sceptical than... well that.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Today is the indie day! Hopefully also the day Outer Wilds shadow drops onto my Switch. Regardless what they are, I'm buying all shadow drops as I always have.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
New thread, new Donkey Kong expectations..but first Nindies :) I hope to see something exciting, at least one game.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
A Nintendo Direct happening while I'm stuck working from home would be a good thing.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
how we gonna feel when this indies thing ENDS with "Jeff Grubb was right, stay tuned for a Direct next week!"

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, the new thread. Always a fun feeling.

Predictions, hopes, dreams, dread, pizza, existential musings. Nowhere else but here.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
oh boy, during this thread I'll turn 20
me:
95a.gif

I'm only 27 but I still feel old.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how apparently barely anyone knew about Byleth I imagine they're just being extra-cautious so it doesn't leak.
I dunno, that doesn't seem like a good reason to hold up development, especially with the current situation probably lasting for at least a few more months. I don't really see how an internet call would be a bigger leak risk than an in person meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.