• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations John Harker, you have successfully slowed down the hype train for absolutely no reason at all.

Look, I know he is trying to temper our expectations or something but to get in the way of other credible insiders? Why even bother saying that?

Just because he said something you didn't like doesn't mean he's "getting in the way" of other insiders.

As for why they bother, I'm puzzled as well. Why would any insider bother posting anything, especially to this community? It doesn't seem worth it at all.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'd love to see these on Switch:

- Tunic

Tunic is a console launch exclusive on Xbox, so I wouldn't expect it on Switch any time soon.

Fellow indie Xbox console launch exclusive Below might be a possible reveal, though. It was already announced as coming to PS4 sometime this spring.

Below got a mixed reception when it launched on Xbox, but they've already announced they're responding to feedback and including a less brutal "Explore" mode with the PS4 release, so there's potential there.

Deleted member 64301

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 4, 2020
Man, there's gotta be a better way to manage the leak economy. Everybody sits around on this board waiting for goofballs who clearly enjoy being enigmatic and speaking in riddles. Somebody could offer money for real leaks with specific info. The web traffic might make it work.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations John Harker, you have successfully slowed down the hype train for absolutely no reason at all.

Look, I know he is trying to temper our expectations or something but to get in the way of other credible insiders? Why even bother saying that?
Don't be daft. If he's heard differently, I appreciate him letting us know, so we can have the most up-to-date info rather than hyping mindlessly.

If he's wrong, great! If he's not... well, at least we were warned.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Man, there's gotta be a better way to manage the leak economy. Everybody sits around on this board waiting for goofballs who clearly enjoy being enigmatic and speaking in riddles. Somebody could offer money for real leaks with specific info. The web traffic might make it work.
Profiting from leaks is basically industrial espionage and if you get caught the penalty would be exponentially greater.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ozzie

Looks really fine in terms of visuals afterall. I'm glad that the screenshots on the eShop don't seem to be any indication (assuming those were from docked footage as well).
Still, going to see what it looks like in handheld mode for myself as soon as the demo drops, as that's the way I'm going to play the game most of the time.

Looks good! The demo is coming out in a few days, no?

edit: oh, tomorrow already!

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Well, I dont know about you lot, but my appetite for a General Direct has dwindled considerably given the latest developments!

I'm expecting Nintendo to make some announces in the next week or two, but there's very little chance of a full blown Direct at this point. We'll be lucky to get a couple of digital first releases, almost certainly Wii U ports.

That's already a massive assumption too. Nintendo are essentially flipping a coin I think: release some new content digital only over the next 6 months, or rely on the evergreen titles and wait until late summer for anything new.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I dont know about you lot, but my appetite for a General Direct has dwindled considerably given the latest developments!

I'm expecting Nintendo to make some announces in the next week or two, but there's very little chance of a full blown Direct at this point. We'll be lucky to get a couple of digital first releases, almost certainly Wii U ports.

That's already a massive assumption too. Nintendo are essentially flipping a coin I think: release some new content digital only over the next 6 months, or rely on the evergreen titles and wait until late summer for anything new.

The Direct was just cancelled, so I don't know what you're overreacting about.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

Apparently Nate hinted at PvZ, Apex, and Burnout Paradise on the Switch?
Oh yeah ha and John kinda joked about that.
It was like "oh what did you say?" as if they were talking about something they shouldn't be.
I believe it is something but I don't expect it next Direct.
If it comes there though, then ok.

The only thing I remember Nate being unreliable with was Metroid Prime Trilogy, but everyone said that exists so I don't think it should damage his reputation.

Deleted member 64301

Banned
Mar 4, 2020
The Harker post didn't lower my expectations very much. He just said the one he knows about won't be this soon. Harker can be correct and Grubb and his multiple sources can be correct too. Harker probably should have been more specific and pointed this out himself, but that's an example of what I was talking about before with how these guys communicate.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Apparently Nate hinted at PvZ, Apex, and Burnout Paradise on the Switch?

Apex was kind of leaked with Frosbite port for mobile/Switch thing. It's likely coming along with mobile versions.

Burnout Paradise Remastered was leaked by the Brazilian rating boards before officially announced and Switch was one of the platforms listed. Maybe they meant that leak.

Someone leaked the latest PvZ game on Twitter before it was announced and said it was also coming to Switch. It didn't but he repeated he saw Switch as one of the platforms.

All three were leaked in some way, but that doesn't mean they're actually coming. I'd say The Sims 4 has better chance getting a Switch port than PvZ or Burnout as it doesn't use Frosbite and it's not that demanding game. And its potential sales would be much higher than all those.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
...I don't remember voting in this poll...

Yes smash?
I'd be happy to the next DLC character.
I wouldn't vote for that.

Shit, I hope somebody hasn't gotten access to my account.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
The Harker post didn't lower my expectations very much. He just said the one he knows about won't be this soon. Harker can be correct and Grubb and his multiple sources can be correct too. Harker probably should have been more specific and pointed this out himself, but that's an example of what I was talking about before with how these guys communicate.
Yeah, that's totally the thing: Harker was just as unspecific as many Insiders before him were. With Grubb doubling down on his information even, I dismiss his comment in the other thread for now, even if he's got a good reputation.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Guess i'm the only one who read Harker's post regarding that threads title like "The one game i know about isn't this soon" and thought he either meant BotW 2 or Metroid?

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Assuming the HOT GIRL VIDEOS +18 leak is true, I can see the "5 seconds Metroid teaser" may be simply the host addressing the wait like they did for Bayonetta 3 last year (was it E3?).

For the 30 seconds Zelda teaser probably another in-engine "story" clip.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Ozzie

Looks really fine in terms of visuals afterall. I'm glad that the screenshots on the eShop don't seem to be any indication (assuming those were from docked footage as well).
Still, going to see what it looks like in handheld mode for myself as soon as the demo drops, as that's the way I'm going to play the game most of the time.

Oh wow, it looks really beautiful. I hope handheld looks just as good. Thanks for the tag.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I can't find Harker's post, but I have a feeling he's talking about something different than y'all think he is...

Can someone link it to me?

EDIT: Nvm, found it.

Personally, I don't think it deconfirms anything that's been said (if VB is right). I'm still hoping for one next week/soon.

Last edited:

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Who is this Harker person and where did he said about the direct?

John Harker is a reliable insider who has access to information in the videogame industry and has leaked stuff on this site in the past (he confirmed the February 2019 Direct for example and iirc he also has access to sales data). He rarely says something though.

Here is what he said:
the one i know about isnt this soon :🤷:

but who knows anymore, uncertainty is the name of the game these days

The funny thing is we already had the same "who is John Harker" questions last year when he wrote the above linked post. skittzo0413 maybe thread mark or add my post to the OP since the question comes up constantly.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Personally, I don't think it deconfirms anything that's been said (if VB is right).
Indeed, it really doesn't. But you could read it that way and with how it dropped out of nowhere yesterday, some of us (myself included) jumped the gun here, haha.
All this waiting really has made me susceptible to anything re: Direct, especially when it doesn't originate from 4chan.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If John Harker says it, 99% sure it's on the money.

The question is whether he's talking about the Direct or one of the mentioned games, not whether he's accurate.

Oct 28, 2019
Trials of Mana looks so good, and I generally loathe the anime aesthetic. Exactly what I want right now: a fast-paced action RPG. Hope there is a fast-forward button for the cutscenes much like Ys.

Status
Not open for further replies.