• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Does anyone think the general might have been intended for earlier this month but got pushed back or do you think Nintendo always intended to do it this way? Like Bowser is eating popcorn while reading ERA and laughing at us fire fearing heathens clinging to such foolish ideas such as "patterns"?

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone think the general might have been intended for earlier this month but got pushed back or do you think Nintendo always intended to do it this way? Like Bowser is eating popcorn while reading ERA and laughing at us fire fearing heathens clinging to such foolish ideas such as "patterns"?

According to Nate it seems like this was the plan all along. They wanted to wait until after Animal Crossing launched.

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
I was watching my favourite Twitter user, SpawnWave, as his new video had just come up. But it was rudely interrupted by some stupid dumb indies? What the hell?

Who even likes indies anyways? Like, I'm all for flash games, but if I have to pay for them? Nah. I'll just go back to newgrounds if that's the case. I really think Nintendo needs to think about making these Indie games free, especially stuff like Untitled Goose Game. Like, who in their right mind would pay money for games that take just 2-3 hours to complete? It really makes so little sense. Especially when you consider that you can watch a movie for about the same price, and movies actually have good graphics unlike the Nintendo Switch.

Tom Holland needs to be added to Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Careful...there is a cabal in here who think that such a line of thinking should be hung drawn and quartered....youke where are you ?

Even if it's true that they wanted to wait until after AC launched that doesn't mean they were worried the Direct would overshadow it.

In fact it's more likely to be the opposite, that AC would overshadow some of the Direct announcements if it was before AC.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
Even if it's true that they wanted to wait until after AC launched that doesn't mean they were worried the Direct would overshadow it.

In fact it's more likely to be the opposite, that AC would overshadow some of the Direct announcements if it was before AC.
I made both points and even just the "they want distance between the two" point and was told where to get off...

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
OT7| An oasis in this miserable desert

And if it turns out there isn't a direct you change it to: A mirage in this miserable desert

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Surprised there isn't a thread on Nintendo Indie World. Now that that's happening then hopefully General Direct Next week.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Give me that Outer Wilds shadow drop, Nintendo!

Outer Wilds or not, I'm buying the shadow drops regardless of what they are. They can only get better than Hotline Miami, Superhot, Talos Principle.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Great! I was looking forward to the indie direct as a good appetizer for the general one even though my hype level for some indie games are very high.
Crosscode
Silksong
Sports Story
Are at the top of my most wanted list. I expect at least one of these to be shadow dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.