• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
I also doubt we're getting any directs until summer, when the situation hopefully calms down.
I really hope that I am wrong tho, directs would be a wonderful distraction. They don't have to announce any release dates if they are not certain they can make it, but just a couple of new announcement would do wonders for me...

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If you're in Europe and looking for a game to play during the lockdown, I really recommend Cities Skylines at 10 euros. I never played a game like that before and I'm having tons of fun with it.
It's also quite a technical achievement to have it on Switch as it is my understanding that the game puts to its knees the other consoles.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think it's more of a matter of tact and being aware of what society is prioritizing atm. If the Direct happens I'm more than happy to finally see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a no-go.

Nintendo is already communicating on its social medias though. This is the same thing.
Companies aren't stopping to work because of this. They're adapting.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People need entertainment in this instance of being locked in their homes. We can't go to the movies, we have to be cautious going out to eat, going to the park / physical entertainment attractions is a no go. Video games should continue full steam ahead because it's one of the only industries immune to this situation.

If games are ready to be sold, advertise and sell them. People still need entertainment.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
immune to this situation.
I wouldn't call it "immune", but it's certainly one of the ones most flexible and able to adapt to the current situation.

Society and economy won't just stop for a few months, people need to understand that. Nintendo won't stop releasing games and infos (Directs) due to this.
Whoever expects that is on the Corona hyperbole train right now. It's about finding a balance between being cautious and operating as normal as possible (= slowing down the rate its spreading at), not about shutting down everything until the virus is gone.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I wake up from my slumber on the most apocalyptic Monday morning of my life. I check Twitter to see more pictures of empty grocery stores. The world is over.

I get out of bed and head to my kitchen to make some coffee. Staring at my phone, I head to the one online destination that can ensure me any comfort in this trying time: the ResetEra Nintendo Direct Speculation thread. I read the last page or two of posts.

I look to my kitchen's cheap stucco ceiling and let out a sigh. My mind, body, and soul are in all exhausted in their own ways due to the current events of the world. But in the face of everything, I smile. I am overwhelmed by a state of optimism that results in a single tear rolling down my stretch cheek, and onto my lips. The saline flavour of my tear is lost against the aroma of fresh coffee that had enraptured my kitchen. I take a sip of said coffee, its warmth energizing me once again. I put my cup down and start to type up a new post for the thread.

"Guys I think that indies thing is totally happening this week."

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I wake up from my slumber on the most apocalyptic Monday morning of my life. I check Twitter to see more pictures of empty grocery stores. The world is over.

I get out of bed and head to my kitchen to make some coffee. Staring at my phone, I head to the one online destination that can ensure me any comfort in this trying time: the ResetEra Nintendo Direct Speculation thread. I read the last page or two of posts.

I look to my kitchen's cheap stucco ceiling and let out a sigh. My mind, body, and soul are in all exhausted in their own ways due to the current events of the world. But in the face of everything, I smile. I am overwhelmed by a state of optimism that results in a single tear rolling down my stretch cheek, and onto my lips. The saline flavour of my tear is lost against the aroma of fresh coffee that had enraptured my kitchen. I take a sip of said coffee, its warmth energizing me once again. I put my cup down and start to type up a new post for the thread.

Beautiful. lol

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019

And you do this everyday since January.

Enjoy your coffee.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
If a Direct is already done, and Nintendo are confident they can manufacture and distribute the products they're advertising, it'll go ahead. The hit to business is going to be severe, but corporations aren't going to shut down completely.

Odds are we're looking at the worst phase here in Europe and over in North America over the next few weeks. Recoveries should then gradually start to outpace new cases. The big danger is a second, worse outbreak towards winter, when many health services in the northern hemisphere - and in the UK in particular - often have no spare capacity due to winter illnesses.

Anyway, grim pandemic stuff aside, I'm one of those looking forward to Animal Crossing on Friday.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
I'm from Spain too and can confirm things aren't looking great business-wise. The economic consequences to this pandemic are going to be brutal. I wish you all well.
Thank you. It's curious but in my case, the business closure has no relationship with the virus, but with debts.
But yeah, the post-pandemia crisis is going to be huge.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
There's really no good logical basis to assume NIntendo will delay a Direct because of this.

Especially when videogame sales are spiking.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Nintendo announcing a Direct at this point would not be a big 'marketing strike'. This would be if they really had a ton of games to show (we dont know if they have) and if we had a clue about what the year would look like, like last year. At the moment, Nintendo has no line-up at all. A Direct is imminent.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a perfect time for Nintendo to release a direct and maybe slot in some of those "already complete" ports we hear about for April/May/June. I'd imagine current in development games MAY or MAY NOT be compromised as far as release dates go so that would be a nice play for everyone involved.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I really don't understand the take of "oh it's bad optics, gotta wait til the pandemic is over".

A business - especially one that provides a service that would be especially useful when large populations are confined at home - is not going to just...stop because it might look bad.

They are going to have business as usual as much as possible, perhaps with a PR spin of "let us help you ride this out the best we can!"

If they can continue marketing operations and production, they will.

Oct 28, 2019
If you're in Europe and looking for a game to play during the lockdown, I really recommend Cities Skylines at 10 euros. I never played a game like that before and I'm having tons of fun with it.
It's also quite a technical achievement to have it on Switch as it is my understanding that the game puts to its knees the other consoles.

Agreed, it's a brilliant game and a no brainer at 10 euros. Runs decently well on the Switch and is much better to play just laying about on the couch or in bed rather than sitting behind a computer desk. It goes at the perfect pace to just chill with.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Toto is one of my favourite bands ever.

I was going to see them last year, but my flight to the city of the event was cancelled and I missed it.

It hurt a lot.
oh my god another one! I'm a huge Toto fan. Never saw them live. Was gonna see their last show in Philly last year but I couldn't make it.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I find this so infuriatingly unsatisfying at this point.

I need to disengage with the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.