• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I got the game when it was $1 on Target(?) and I wholeheartedly agree. The game is fine, but never feels like it did anything really well. Just felt... Fine. I think it'd be neat if they stuck with it and expanded on the whole "flip side" idea like the initial trailer seemed to indicate they would. Or just go straight for a level-based 3D game, that'd be neat.
Yeah wow, I completely forgot about that. That's like...barely been in the game so far.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I got Yoshi during the Mar10 sale and I...like it I think. It does one thing incredibly well, and that is the removal of the roulette egg aiming. Did not need to be a thing in almost any other Yoshi game but was due to some stupid tradition. Aiming eggs works great and can allow cool stuff to go on in the foreground and background of 2D levels.

That said, I'm not entirely sure of the point of this game. Despite the art style, this game is resting on so many laurels it doesn't need to. I don't understand why it's a 2D Platformer when there are so many other things 3D about it, and any kind of story bares no point outside of a reason to make new levels, and even they lack any kind of context like something like Tropical Freeze has.

Just feels like the idea never advanced past conceptual phases.

...I think I'm ready for new game announcements lol.

It's a solid, well-made game, but I never found it as charming as Woolly World.

The music is also not great.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
but I never found it as charming as Woolly World.
Exactly! WW was so endearing, CW on the other hand doesn't evoke the same feeling for me. Everything about WW had its own charm and the game simply did seem to deliver on what it set out to do. Simple but really enjoy- and likeable.

Crafted World, though, just seems all over the place to me. In terms of game design, visuals, music, nothing really hits the nail on its head like Woolly did. It's weird. And disappointing to be quite frank.
Good game nonetheless, but really forgettable in the end in my opinion.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Would you say that 90% of the two are identical? More? Less? I read about Silver Snow already and from what I could gather, they're really similar, no?

90% identical. The last map was super fun, but up until that, every map is the same + a lot of the dialogue is the same. There's only like one or two new pieces of info revealed in SS. I think both SS + GD have great last maps, but I liked the lore drops a lot more in GD, which made it preferable for me personally (and all the cool things were new that time, instead of me just being like god please get to the new stuff already).

Take a nice long break before going back to it. I took like 4-5 months off and it was still too short imo.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are just being more skeptical and careful this time around and are not taking the VB article as confirmation.

Regardless of rumors, it's past time we had a Indie World, I think we're getting one this month. Yesterday's Void Bastards leak added more fuel to the fire.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Gonna watch a loooot of films until Animal Crossing release. Not much else to do.
Also will rewatch Kill la Kill for the first time since it released. Back then it was a huge disappointement for me because I was expecting something as epic as Gurren Lagann (which is still my favorite anime along with Evangelion), but saw a bunch of people tweeting about it recently and I liked what I saw. Gonna retry it.
Don't expect it to be as good as Little Witch Academia though, this one will stay Trigger's masterpiece.

boyifyoudont

Feb 10, 2018
And then EPD Tokyo ended up hiring the Woolly World director from GF.

EAD Ninja said:
That sounds about right. EPD Tokyo's planning staff is bigger since they hired the former director of Yoshi's Woolly World from Good-Feel, and the former director of Rodea from Prope. Then they've also been hiring contract staff for what seems like Odyssey 2. Their sister assistant 1-Up has also increased in size drastically since Odyssey.

Wesen

Mar 13, 2020
Yoshi and Cookies is one of my favourite game songs ever. Yoshis Crafted World was such a let down music wise.

CherrySheen

Jan 30, 2019
Gonna watch a loooot of films until Animal Crossing release. Not much else to do.
Also will rewatch Kill la Kill for the first time since it released. Back then it was a huge disappointement for me because I was expecting something as epic as Gurren Lagann (which is still my favorite anime along with Evangelion), but saw a bunch of people tweeting about it recently and I liked what I saw. Gonna retry it.
Don't expect it to be as good as Little Witch Academia though, this one will stay Trigger's masterpiece.

I started little witch academia but i stopped after a few episodes. Started promising, the animation was good, but after a few episodes the plot started to bore me.
But Kill la Kill is one of my favourite animes. It is the Scott Pillgrem of japanese animation for me.

Anyway... Do you guys think a wooly world switch port is possible?

Last edited:

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
They shut down every non essential store in my country, which means the game store. RIP Animal crossing preorder deal

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yoshi's Crafted World had some neat ideas and cool concepts but overall it was a very forgettable game. I just wanted it to end after a couple of hours sadly.
I kind of enjoyed the last boss though.

Yeah I don't think there's ever been another Yoshi game with good music aside from Yoshi's Island.

doood! Woolly World had some very nice tracks. This one is still makes me think of the good times with the Wii U..

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ladies and men

giphy.gif

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I want to replay Mario galaxy 1 and 2

wish i could just rent a wii for a week
I hear ya!

With the lack of Wii and Gamecube games on the Switch (and the pessimism that they'll never come) I recently bought a Wii for thirty bucks on Craigslist, and have been getting my Wii and Gamecube game collection together again. It's been a ton of fun playing Galaxy 2 again... oh, what a game!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
My years of accumulating a backlog will finally come in handy!

Heard France went into lockdown, everything alright on your end?

I wish they'd just announce official lockdown here, tired of feeling like this dark cloud is hanging over us.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching films too during the Virus mayhem. I can't work from home so I can't risk going out much.

I watched Princess Mononoke and Climax recently. Great films.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
So... I was sent to work from home. I wish I had something to play in my free time tho. Give me that Direct Nintendo!

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Just seen the new vote, weird that I apparently voted for "no BOTW2" when that wasn't the case...
Changed my "vote" to no Smash (possible), no new games until June (really doubt it, be it XCDE or an eshop game would happen), and other for lack of Bayo 3 news.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
any cs students who haven't tried picross totally should, it's vaguely similar to simplifying a karnaugh map

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Just seen the new vote, weird that I apparently voted for "no BOTW2" when that wasn't the case...
Changed my "vote" to no Smash (possible), no new games until June (really doubt it, be it XCDE or an eshop game would happen), and other for lack of Bayo 3 news.

The poll got edited over the previous poll rather than replaced. Sorry, no idea how to fix that.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
The poll got edited over the previous poll rather than replaced. Sorry, no idea how to fix that.
No worries, but this probably skew results a certain way :p

edit: speaking of Picross, I don't recommend that recent indie Picross x RPG game. Concept is nice, execution isn't.
Keep on buying Jupiter games.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Are people that mad about smash? I don't like or play smash, but I think it's kinda fun to get a little fighter news just to see--The team obviously puts a lot of thought into the character's movesets. So long as it's not like that one e3, i'm fine with some smash news.

I voted Wii U ports + no new games till june--those two things separately won't be the worst, but man I'm gonna be bummed if the only thing dated to come out until like..July are Wii U ports. I know XCDE should come out before, but idk after the whole FE3H debacle I have no faith in nintendo's pacing abilities lol.

What´s your plan for the weekend? I´m playing Ori 2 and watching Watchmen on HBO.

I have a big ol' term paper to write before animal crossing comes out :( Other than that, getting up to date on Critical Role haha

Status
Not open for further replies.