• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
good points. fingers crossed then :)

Yeah, I honestly think it's a 'platform first' thing. Either way, I'm glad it exists!

And despite playing the first game to death on my trusty, amazing Vita (still one of my favourite systems, ever), I'll happily give Derek Yu more money for a Switch port... this time next week, please, Derek.

EDIT:

I always wondered why are Derek Yu's games not on Nintendo Switch...yet?

I think it's just time. Mossmouth isn't large (him and... who else?) and Spelunky 2 was delayed (while UFO 50 hasn't been shown much since its announcement - and that's got multiple studios working on it) so chances are he wanted to focus on getting Spelunky 2 in better shape rather than split resources on ports, which is understandable. I know how hard it is to get the time writing a game when other things are pressing, let alone multiple ones and ports as well....

Last edited:

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I see your Ninja Gaiden and raise you one

vyuwr8d.png
only if we get Majima with his baseball bat skull knock out as his final Smash

Oct 25, 2017
I just want a Super Mario Odyssey 2 announcement. :(

I popped that game in the other day, and while running around the levels and doing random fuckery is fun, I need a new game already.

I play it like once every two months for an hour or two just collecting coins and visiting spots in levels that I like. Man, I want even a sniff of a new one.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i've been stuck at home for weeks now. first i had a cold, and now we're supposed to not leave the house unless it's necessary.
good times.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
my work office is getting prepared in case of office closure to work from home. In order for them to even say things like that takes a bit since for most of my office its not that easy to do so.

Also my local uni is moving all physical attended classes to online till at least summer depending how long this thing lasts

At least I can be a hermit and enjoy some video games and work on my backlog outside of hanging with friends playing games at their houses

Oct 27, 2017
Nagoshi doesn't hate Nintendo, he knows there's money to be made on Switch. He just think we're bunch of 6 year olds, that's it.

Also every single third party game bombed on Wii U. Including that awesome NFS Most Wanted port.
Which is why i don't know why any 3rd party would look to Wii U game performance at this point

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, my daughter's preschool is closing as of next week. With me working at home that will be kinda tough.

Gotta teach her how to play something to pass the time I guess, she's tried MK8 a few times but being a 2 year old she's kinda crappy at it.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I still feel good about this. If Koei Tecmo is going to get a legit addition on the roster, the only answer I can think of is Ninja Ryu.

Of course, it'd also be nice if Koei Tecmo got the ball rolling and start porting more of their backlog onto the Switch. At least give us the NES trio, as a starter! I'd also love a new remaster of Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I still feel good about this. If Koei Tecmo is going to get a legit addition on the roster, the only answer I can think of is Ninja Ryu.

Of course, it'd also be nice if Koei Tecmo got the ball rolling and start porting more of their backlog onto the Switch. At least give us the NES trio, as a starter! I'd also love a new remaster of Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma.
Ninja Gaiden (NES) is already on NSO and the whole trilogy made it's way to the WiiU virtual console of all things. I wouldn't be surprised to see more NG on switch in some form.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp, my daughter's preschool is closing as of next week. With me working at home that will be kinda tough.

Gotta teach her how to play something to pass the time I guess, she's tried MK8 a few times but being a 2 year old she's kinda crappy at it.

Damn, that's rough. Nobody should be put in a situation like this. Crossing my fingers and wishing your family all the best. Your daughter will eventually get better at the game for sure.

No seriously, you'll feel better having her at home than out there.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
The university I work at have told staff not to travel across the country on university business. That's awkward for me because I'm part-time there and live 100 miles from the campus... Should I not travel in? Gonna need clarification from my line manager. I'm really worried about catching something and inadvertently passing it onto my dad, who's immune system is really vulnerable due to a condition he has.

Plus, my more selfish concern is that I'm meant to take up a fellowship in the States from July onwards, and I worry about that being cancelled or something.

At least I can work from home effectively and keep on top of most of my responsibilities. Animal Crossing is coming in at exactly the right time! I really need that deserted island getaway.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should release the digital version of AC early for people who are quarantined and totally not because I'm too impatient to wait another eight days.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
a lifetime of barely leaving the house and obsessively washing my hands has prepared me for this moment in history

all I need is Animal Crossing and I'm set

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The rumor about Japan Studio (Team Siren) working on a new Silent Hill, while not a new rumor, really got me exciting tonight. Come on Nintendo, you gotta step up your horror game. Where's our Switch Fatal Frame/Project Zero game ?

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's rough. Nobody should be put in a situation like this. Crossing my fingers and wishing your family all the best. Your daughter will eventually get better at the game for sure.

No seriously, you'll feel better having her at home than out there.

Oh absolutely I feel better having her at home, it's just gonna make working kinda hard since she will want to play with me while we're both home. I was not more making a joke than anything else. I've worked from home a or before and it's really hard to do consistently when there are people at home with you that you generally like to be around.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
The rumor about Japan Studio (Team Siren) working on a new Silent Hill, while not a new rumor, really got me exciting tonight. Come on Nintendo, you gotta step up your horror game. Where's our Switch Fatal Frame/Project Zero game ?

They'll most likely port the Wii U game to Switch. As we all know, Switch is the ultimate "test" platform, so we might need to buy it to get another new one.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Okay. I'm mad. My theme park trip I planned out for next week just took a nosedive because of this coronavirus shit. Thank God I pre-purchased Animal Crossing or else my Spring Break would have been ruined.

RETROROTER

Feb 11, 2020
I'm happy a lot of you guys like the idea of Ninja Gaiden in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! I just bought Fighters Pass VOL 2 today and I really hope our favorite video game ninja Ryu Hayabusa makes it in!
QR1Mock.jpeg

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Having a bit of a break from the real world sounds really good right about now.
Like even more than normal

Yeah. I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank God this didn't come out sooner. This is coming out at a absolutely perfect time.

----------------------

Speaking of Animal Crossing, will anybody else purposely pick opposite seasons for their Animal Crossing island? Idk, might be nice to have a winter island during the hot summer heat.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Yeah. I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank God this didn't come out sooner. This is coming out at a absolutely perfect time.

----------------------

Speaking of Animal Crossing, will anybody else purposely pick opposite seasons for their Animal Crossing island? Idk, might be nice to have a winter island during the hot summer heat.

Well I feel like it would be perfect if it came out this week, but next week is fine.

I thought about it but I kind of like at christmas it being snowy and such so I don't think I'll give that up

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I realized in the LEGO Mario thread that any time I like something people tell me I'm wrong and I feel like an idiot, but every time I don't like something people tell me I'm wrong and I feel like an idiot. Moral of the story is that I'm an idiot, I think. Or maybe just overly sensitive to other people's opinions

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
I realized in the LEGO Mario thread that any time I like something people tell me I'm wrong and I feel like an idiot, but every time I don't like something people tell me I'm wrong and I feel like an idiot. Moral of the story is that I'm an idiot, I think. Or maybe just overly sensitive to other people's opinions
The latter I believe.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry. There is two games that are widely beloved that I hate and think are a disgrace to their respective franchises. Everyone tells me I'm wrong but I just remember it's my opinion. Nothing stupid about that.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
One of the best things I have ever learned in life is to worry less about other people's opinions of things that are only about me. It isn't easy to let go of, but liking what you want to like and disliking what you want to dislike while knowing that some people will have other opinions about it (and they're valid too! And it's okay!) is a great place to be. Like... life's way too short and full of enough bad things already to worry about crap like that.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I honestly think it's a 'platform first' thing. Either way, I'm glad it exists!

And despite playing the first game to death on my trusty, amazing Vita (still one of my favourite systems, ever), I'll happily give Derek Yu more money for a Switch port... this time next week, please, Derek.

EDIT:

I think it's just time. Mossmouth isn't large (him and... who else?) and Spelunky 2 was delayed (while UFO 50 hasn't been shown much since its announcement - and that's got multiple studios working on it) so chances are he wanted to focus on getting Spelunky 2 in better shape rather than split resources on ports, which is understandable. I know how hard it is to get the time writing a game when other things are pressing, let alone multiple ones and ports as well....
I'm sure Engine Software would be first in line to do a Spelunky port on Switch. They just announce Adams Venture Origins on Switch. So they're still taking time to do some indie ports alongside their pretty awesome NISA Switch ports. :P

Also funny as I asked myself why the hell wasn't Spelunky on Switch yet the other day. :P

Mar 23, 2018

Hahaha, it is like that around these boards, in my experience. It's easier said than done but don't take it like that, as discussing if a thing is good or not isn't really useful in the end regarding these topics.

What's the video game franchise you like the most, Mr.Raccoon?

How's everyone doing? Do you people believe that if the Corona situation gets fairly worse, the couple of currently rumored Directs will be postponed? It seems like we're being forced into stopping the world's regular activities for a month or so, after all. Kind of off topic but hopefully we all figure out how to support families, self-employed, etc while we - although not everyone - try to stay safe.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Hang in there Racoon. The world is your dumpster full of tasty treats when others may say it's trash. 🌈 🗑

Status
Not open for further replies.