• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
uuNmWNn.gif

*Starts dancing and waving torches also*

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
You know what is funny? That in a Wired article Zippo said he will not be leaking anything anymore and quess what? Said today something about Paper Mario being close to completion or maybe even something before that. I am starting to feel bad for people who believed him.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
studios are starting to enforce work from home. Might be a little tricky for some due to a lot of devs not having laptops and simply not having the hardware at home necessary to work.

curious how this will play out. I predict (hope) we'll be asked to stay home in the next week...

I imagine Nintendo will scramble to make the preps necessary to hit that summer comm pulse point now

switchum

Feb 3, 2020
Who's to say Nintendo won't just delay this supposed March 26th direct now that we know about it, just for the element of "surprise"? Could we be screwing ourselves over by making this well-known?

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
That girl needs to break up with him. Like, now. Dude has some serious issues.

I wasn't really gonna comment on this but since you said it I think it will be okay to.

I just want to express that I agree completely with what you said. What I'm going to say I'm certainly not suggesting it applies to every guy gamer. But, any gal who is with a guy that is so entrenched in gaming to where it's serious business, it's all that matters and it's all they want to do with their time should at the very least seriously evaluate if the relationship is worth continuing. I'm all for talking it out and giving the guy a chance to address the concerns but if it continues to be a problem the gal needs to break up. The gal should find someone that is well rounded and understands you can have a relationship and game at the same time but you can't have the gaming be everything 24/7.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Who's to say Nintendo won't just delay this supposed March 26th direct now that we know about it, just for the element of "surprise"? Could we be screwing ourselves over by making this well-known?

I mean this is literally exactly what happened with the cancelled February Direct that all the insiders leaked, so I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to punish us again.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Everyone and their mothers thought we'd get a direct on feb 13, 2019 cause King Zell and they did nothing.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RE: Ports talk

I guess I have the opposite approach/opinion to most because I'm much more likely to reward a publisher bringing back an older game that has probably fallen to the wayside in the last decade than a publisher coming in a year later with a game that should have already been on Switch in the first place and expected to be rewarded.

At the very least if a Switch version is going to take a bit longer I appreciate knowing about it beforehand like with Wolfenstein, Doom Eternal or The Outer Worlds.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Odds on any Eternal Darkness appearances in this Direct?

A) 0%
B) -4000%
C) This can't be happening!

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
RE: Ports talk

I guess I have the opposite approach/opinion to most because I'm much more likely to reward a publisher bringing back an older game that has probably fallen to the wayside in the last decade than a publisher coming in a year later with a game that should have already been on Switch in the first place and expected to be rewarded.

At the very least if a Switch version is going to take a bit longer I appreciate knowing about it beforehand like with Wolfenstein, Doom Eternal or The Outer Worlds.

I'm excited about a lot of remasters/remakes i just think this far into the switches life span nintendo probably shouldn't be leaning so heavily on them. Will wait and see what they actually announce though.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
So in that case it'll be a 2021 game? Since it seems like they need to show something related to the holiday 2020 game in this upcoming direct, whatever it is.
They don't even have a public roadmap for the next 3 months. If they blow people's current expectations for spring and summer away, people won't be as anxious about fall/the holidays.

In prior years the spring/summer lineups were largely known the year before (not the case this year), so Nintendo dropped more late-year announcements to get attention in the slow early months.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I'm expecting them to announce the big games for 2020, while June Direct will have a couple of big 2021 games. They wouldn't announce something like Mario Odyssey 2 in June for a release in October, they'll obviously want more months of hype. They don't need to show a lot of it tho, just a teaser like they did with Smash in 2018.

They don't need to show their holiday 2020 lineup in March. Odds favor they still do their E3 Direct in June & that is typically the holiday 2020 lineup focus time.
If we're talking about the Switch era, E3 always focuses on Holiday lineup but the games are previously announced. Super Mario Party is the only exception I can think of.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Why are we back to pessimism all of a sudden by the way ?
That thread is a damn experience sometimes I swear
Why do you guys only expect ports from Nintendo lol

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited about a lot of remasters/remakes i just think this far into the switches life span nintendo probably shouldn't be leaning so heavily on them. Will wait and see what they actually announce though.

True it's cool that they exist but not exactly exciting.. Of course there's a big difference between a release like TMS#FE and releases like Xenoblade DE and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to read between the lines of what Nate is saying, I feel like expectations should be tempered with this next direct. Maybe we only get announcements for things releasing up August/September...

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
They don't need to show their holiday 2020 lineup in March. Odds favor they still do their E3 Direct in June & that is typically the holiday 2020 lineup focus time.
Fair enough. I wasn't thinking they'd focus on it in this direct, was just thinking they'd show something about it. Since in previous years we got info on Smash, Odyssey, and Pokemon all well before June.

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
They don't even have a public roadmap for the next 3 months. If they blow people's current expectations for spring and summer away, people won't be as anxious about fall/the holidays.

In prior years the spring/summer lineups were largely known the year before (not the case this year), so Nintendo dropped more late-year announcements to get attention in the slow early months.
yeah that's all true. I was thinking they'd at least tease the holiday game though just not focus on it, especially if it hasn't been announced. Although if it is Botw2 then it's already been teased I guess.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the big holiday game has historically already been announced before E3 though?

Odyssey, XC2, Let's Go, Smash, LA, LM3 and SWSH all were

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
People expecting to be the best Direct ever because of how long we waited will probably be disappointed. Expect the usual Q1 Direct with a focus on Q2/Q3 titles, except this time it's in late March for some reason.

Deigham

Nov 17, 2019
Where did this talk about Splatoon Spin-Off came from?

Isnt the Splatoon team the one doing Animal Crossing?

Status
Not open for further replies.