• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeah don't you people start to freak out based on that, it's obvious that his source is third party, dude had trouble to understand if next week was indie direct or general direct.

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, if they waited 8 months for a medium direct... the audacity
NLMaurR.jpg

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like people who expect Nintendo to save all their Big Announcements for E3 haven't been paying attention to E3 for a while

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Xenoblade remake late May release is looking like a lock (especially after the leaks) other than that I have no idea. Guess we'll find out soon.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Like with any rumour I won't truly believe this until I see it, but it is nice to have at least 'some' smoke here even if it ends up being false.

Still, though, this Direct needs to be very, very good or I honestly don't know what Nintendo is up to. A Direct as 'ehhh' as the last one can't really cut it this time.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
There are only two potential ports left and thanks to Emily we know one is coming in H1 and one in H2.

There might some remakes a la Mystery Dungeon or Xenoblade but they won't be ports.
I think 2D Metroid might be a remake of Super Metroid (that is what some were claiming) and we could get a Paper Mario 64 remake as well and maybe some Fire Emblem remakes meant to be launched on 3DS a year ago. Together with Pikmin 3, Mystery Dungeon, Super Mario 3D world and Xenonlade than yeah there will be lots of ports and remakes but I would definitely be in for some of them.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I feel like people who expect Nintendo to save all their Big Announcements for E3 haven't been paying attention to E3 for a while
What, you don't think that Daemon X Machina and Super Mario Party were showstopper ? /s

Edit : Daemon X Machina wasn't even released the same year it got announced at E3. I redo it :

What, you don't think that Super Mario Party was a showstopper ? /s

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
I mean, Smash was not announced at E3 and thinking about it most big games weren't as well. I think Mario Odyssey was April direct as well and the Cappy trailer was E3 or something like that.

Odyssey was revealed at the Switch event in January 2017 IIRC. But your point stands for sure, they can absolutely show off a big game anytime they please, they don't need it to be E3.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I just got the gravity suit in super metroid but I used parts of a guide and the rewind feature :/

I wish I hadn't but I'm also glad I didn't push myself to the brink of a panic attack in the uni library

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
it seems like we always get relatively good news when I actually sit down and try to play a game, so maybe if I make progress in metroid tomorrow morning we'll magically get a direct after all

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
They can just tease shit that they plan (planned) to show more in-depth at E3, too. Like LA, SMM2, and Astral Chain last year.
Welllllll, i mean he also said he didn't know every games that were picked and it's possible some are kept secret. Like Zelda Botw 2 never leaked etc. I would be incredibly surprised if they mainly have ports for a summer schedule after 3 years and underwhelming ports at that.

Imma keep my expectations low but still.
Well

I definitely saw one or two people tease it before the presentation.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Odyssey was revealed at the Switch event in January 2017 IIRC. But your point stands for sure, they can absolutely show off a big game anytime they please, they don't need it to be E3.

You're right. They don't treat E3 like a special conference anymore. Maybe just a little extra but still they don't keep announcements for that period anymore. They usually have pretty big titles announced during the April direct and the E3 one, sometimes good ones in the January one. Knowing here the January direct and the April direct were basically replaced with 1 March direct, i think it will be atleast okay unless this year is really shitty. I can't see that happening the year 2 new consoles are coming out.

Thought maybe they are keep most big games for the Fall/winter and early 2021 period to really compete. But still Smash was announced before E3 and released in december. Anywayzzz we'll see lol.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
The 26th is great for me, because I write my own work schedule and it isn't written that far out, so I can casually give myself the 26th off no big deal. Its way weirder if I try to rearrange an already written schedule so I can watch my commercial, lol.

Zedelima

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Im fine if they port a "zelda collection" for the switch
First WW and TP and then OOT and MM

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
E3 is the place for Nintendo to show to the media and to players their games coming that year.

Therefore their big games are always announced beforehand.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That guy doesn't know about first party games. Don't listen to him about "tempering expectations". Nintendo will definitely confirm the holiday game

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I wonder if they will mention Xenoblade DE in the "blurb" they have when announcing the date/time of the direct since it's literally the only big game we know, like tune in for 2020 games including xenoblade DE, or if it will just say featuring 2020 nintendo switch games.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
That guy doesn't know about first party games. Don't listen to him about "tempering expectations". Nintendo will definitely confirm the holiday game
this is a salient point. he might as well be saying "temper your expectations for third party games," which we all know already. good thinking

edit: dp sorry

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
getting animal crossing right after my birthday is more insane and perfect than I could ever ask for tbh

I might not care about a Direct after it comes out, really

Pretty much the same for me, 6 months for a direct is nothing when I've been waiting years for this game.
I guess the downside is you will have to wait a year to celebrate your birthday in the game

Plum

May 31, 2018
So now that the Direct seems to actually be happening what things do you think are going to appear?

For me personally I'd say:
- Pikmin 3 Remaster Shadow Drop
- Also a Pikmin 4 tease
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Master Chief in Smash
- Grand Theft Auto: The Masterpiece Collection (3, VC and SA remastered)
- Metroid 5: Dread
- Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered with a fixed ending to 3 exclusive to Switch
- Super Lego Mario Bros
- Kid Icarus Uprising 2: Rise Harder
- The Legend of Zelda: Sorrow of the Wild
- Half Life: Alyx on Labo VR
- Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to Switch
- Super Mario 64 Remake (only covers the first floor of Peach's castle)
- Bowser reveals that he can actually breath fire and the Direct is pulled from circulation
- Bayonetta 3 garners controversy as Bayo sports white-person dreads
- We finally learn Mario's full name. It's Mario Skywalker.
- Super Mario 3D World Deluxe

Anything less and I'll be highly disappointed.

Oct 26, 2017
Would be very strange if Nintendo didn't reveal some Q4 games.

Leaning to them having an extremely weak year if they have a bad Direct.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
So now that the Direct seems to actually be happening what things do you think are going to appear?

- Also a Pikmin 4 tease
- Master Chief in Smash
- Super Lego Mario Bros
- Bowser reveals that he can actually breath fire and the Direct is pulled from circulation

Xenoblade Chronicles HD and BOTW2.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Pretty much the same for me, 6 months for a direct is nothing when I've been waiting years for this game.
I guess the downside is you will have to wait a year to celebrate your birthday in the game
exactly, it's been years!

and I won't mind, it'll make sense in a way to have my birthday basically a year after I start the game

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019

- Also a Pikmin 4 tease
- Master Chief in Smash
- Super Lego Mario Bros

I would buy it for $60 day one.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Btw it is entirely possible for them to go radio silence about BotW2 until E3 and then showcase the game at great length in June with a Q4 release date.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Direct predictions for first party

- Pikmin 3 Deluxe
- Super Mario 3D World
- Paper Mario RPG
- BotW 2 or Mario Kart big holiday game
- eShop game for April
- Splatoon spinoff
- XenoblaDE confirmed date with a 2-3 minute trailer/section

Saved for E3
- 2D Metroid
- Super Mario Party 2

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I don't think that this guy knows Nintendo's line-up. I remember him being extremely vague about the direct and only saying that there's going to be some 3rd party stuff. So maybe he knows the presentations, but not Nintendo's 1st party Line-up

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass

- Also a Pikmin 4 tease
- Master Chief in Smash
- Super Lego Mario Bros

They'll toss it to CyGames to reveal:
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus is coming to Switch
  • Rollback Netcode is being implemented
  • Twintelle is joining the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.