• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
www.game.co.uk

Lego Super Mario - Register Your Interest | GAME

Have you heard? It's confirmed that Lego and Super Mario will be working together on an exciting new project! Read more & find out all the latest info at GAME.
source.gif

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Do you have a link/screenshot?
Hmmm...maybe they forgot what a Direct actually is? (But it does say "Nintendo Direct")

www.game.co.uk

Lego Super Mario - Register Your Interest | GAME

Have you heard? It's confirmed that Lego and Super Mario will be working together on an exciting new project! Read more & find out all the latest info at GAME.

Heard about the partnership between Lego and Nintendo? The latest Nintendo Direct announced their exciting collaboration, the first time that the two big brands have worked together! Details are limited at this stage, but we hope you are as excited as us!

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least for Animal Crossing fans the next two Friday's are something to look forward to. The special edition Switch comes out this Friday (3/13) and New Horizons releases next Friday (3/20).

Last edited:

Rundeas

Jan 8, 2019
What's the one announcement that, for you personally, would make you instantly think "the wait was worth it?" For me, a Switch port of Yakuza 0 would make this wait entirely worth it.
One of the following would make the wait worth it for me:

Any Metroid News
Kid Icarus
A 3d/Huge Kirby Game
N64 & Game Cube added to the NS Online App

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I CAME AS SOON AS I HEARD

...that someone new has joined the conversation. Welcome, JayMcK2103!

What? A Nintendo Direct? Nah, that was a typo, probably.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It definitely says "in the latest Nintendo Direct".
Someone at Game UK made it live too soon because of the tweet teases ? Broke the embargo that was supposed to end when the Direct actually airs ?
Not too optimist about it but it's interesting either way. We'll see.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, it's possibly an error. Though the thought that retailers have been briefed about this isn't too farfetched either.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
There's two possibilities:
1) It was meant to be announced in a Direct, but said Direct didn't happen.
2) The Direct is going to happen soon and Game slipped.

Or, I guess
3) Freudian slip/typo

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
This could be evidence that the Direct was delayed. GAME UK expected it to be announced in a Direct but it was announced on Twitter...

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Lego tweet says "Stay tuned..."

Game.uk says announced via Nintendo Direct.

#TeamHappening

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for the Lego Mario game!

Or is it just going to be a merch line after all?{/spoiler]

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So yeah, Nintendo cancelled their Direct to do twitter announcements instead.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Lego tweet says "Stay tuned..."

Game.uk says announced via Nintendo Direct.

Game also says information is scarce though, would be weird for them to say "stay tuned" for the exact same teaser

I'm leaning towards either a typo or, worst case scenario, there was gonna be a Direct but it was canned

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Oooh that seems fun thanks, do you think that I will like their ideas for TES6 based on my love for TES4 ? Will hear it later anyway when I'll be done with what I'm doing right now !!!
The actual plot they have laid out for the main quest is very "take it or leave it", but the structure is dope. They also came up with a truckload of guild options.

Their channel is all about lore and RP builds and it shows in their vid.

I have actually made a thread about it summarizing some of it in bullet-points:
www.resetera.com

FudgeMuppet made a 2-hour long ideal TES VI video (supposing it's set in Hammerfell)

FudgeMuppet is a YouTube channel of two (I think) guys dedicated to The Elder Scrolls and Fallout lore and build videos. They've also been brainstorming their own ideas for an "ideal" TES VI, going as far as making a ten-part video series of things and mechanics they'd like to see in it. Lately...
Some main takeaways for me:
  • Their idea of the main story quest's beginning appeals to me greatly. It basically involves a very low stakes beginning, without a phoney sense of urgency grafted on top. You begin as a prisoner of some militant nomads and are saved from imprisonment by a timely city guard attack (see? you can even have intro set-pieces without pretending things are urgent) and afterwards are given a letter by one of the guards and suggested to go see a person in the nearest city to get some help and lodging. You can naturally ignore that and go do whatever in a way that won't feel off, unlike "OH SHIT GET AN AMULET TO THIS GUY LITERAL DEMONS ARE COMING" or "DUDE GO SEE THIS GUY A RAGING DRAGON AS GOING TOWARDS THE CITY (except not really)". Instead, their proposed story pacing escalates as you delve deeper into the main quest.
  • The main quest storyline is in acts and they envision a cool-down lull in the pacing after a climax of each one, so there is a natural point to encourage you to go off and engage in side-stuff. Some are more blatant than others. For example, there's a point in their imaginary main quest where you are told by a big-wig NPC that you will be contacted in 14 days and you actually have to wait 14 in-game days before you resume the storyline. You can just sleep/wait through it or go do some other quests in the meantime.
  • You aren't some chosen one (outside of TES lore fan theories that propose that all player characters are aspects of Lorkhan or some other metaphysical TES shit). You're just some dude who happens to be there to foil the villains.
  • They have a LOT of factions to join. A LOT. Though not so many that you can't imagine them being of quality. In some cases there are two contrasting counterpart factions, in others there is a faction that can change based on your choices.
  • Just with the guilds alone: 1) An assassin's guild completely different from the Dark Brotherhood. These are the worshippers of a spurned god with persecuted following who are intent on inciting a religious and societal revolution and targeting the members of nobility and religious figures; 2) A Middle-East inspired guild of "good" lawful mages and their evil counterpart that is a secret cabal of Daedra-worshipping necromancer psychopaths. The catch is that they aren't even one another's chief antagonists! 3) A Thieve's Guild that can change depending on your choices, being either the Robin Hood Thieve's Guild we all know or a mafia organization with shakedowns and extortions and making people offers they can't refuse and all that slimy shit. 4) At least three whole whopping Fighter's Guild equivalents with one for each niche. You have a Sword-singer faction (with lightsab...Shehai as the reward), a more knightly faction and a zealot faction who you can join to destroy Orsinium ( a city of Orcs) or join the Orcs to defend against THEM. And that's just the guilds. Hammerfell has several kingdoms with their own interests and you can also join the organized religions and do quests for them. Also, three whole vampire clans with diffent abilities suited for stealth, warrior or magic archetypes.
  • Getting deep enough into certain guild will lock you out of the others. I mean, you can't exactly go joining the temple after assassinating their head priest quest-giver.
  • Hammerfell isn't just deserts, it can easily be rather diverse, both geographically and culturally. The video goes extremely in-depth, but basically the kindoms align into one of two cultural backgrounds - the more cosmopolitan Forebears and traditionalist Crowns. These aren't factions, these are basically ideologies and kingdoms aligning into one or the other aren't uniform at all. Many can differ based on their geographic proximity to other lands of Tamirel so ,for example, Dragonstar has Skyrim influences and Rihad has a Cyrodiilic influence with people asking if you've heard of the high elves (please forgive me).

Status
Not open for further replies.