• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people expected a General Direct 8 days before Nintendo releases one of its biggest first party AAA titles in quite some time.

I expect April to have some Twitter reveals with a General Direct occurring in early June. The writing was on the wall once we moved passed mid February with nothing.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Well you heard the man. Everyone stop expecting the direct, as per Nate's orders, and we can just wait as a totally, completely normal, directless week goes by.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
I don´t know Nate, but I think hes pretty honest and not the kind of person who plays that kind of games, because people´s expectations are at stake.

Which means, another endless week of silence because Nintendo = Animal Crossing.

Sucks.

Which means, another endless week of silence because Nintendo = Animal Crossing.

Which means, another endless week of silence

another endless week

endless week

I get it. but this cracked me up

May 13, 2018
I finally got a Switch on black friday and now Nintendo wants to be silent. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAPPEN TO ME!?!?

giphy.gif

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Nate ever outright eliminate a week like that? Can't remember...
Anyway, I'll go ahead and say he is messing with us.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo sucks ever since Doug Bowser took over. I want Reggie back.
Well I don't want to say he is bad but to be honest I am wondering if what we're seeing now is a new strategy from Doug Bowser. Maybe he is less interested in Directs for whatever reason. Or maybe he doesn't think marketing in Q1 is effective. Or maybe he needs more time to ramp up, and the Directs we saw with him in it were mostly a result of carried momentum. Idk.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
So, are you guys rewatching that Spawn Wave segment over and over again like it's the Zapruder film trying to determine if Downey is being honest or ironic?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Maybe I'm just insane but it seemed like a pretty obvious tease to me.
It wouldn't be the first time that he teases things like that.
About the embargo about an invent that Nintendo youtubers went to play a game, he teased it with the word "mysterious" and then on an unrelated post used the word dungeon too, hinting that the event was about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.
The more I think about it, the more I think it's a tease.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't want to say he is bad but to be honest I am wondering if what we're seeing now is a new strategy from Doug Bowser. Maybe he is less interested in Directs for whatever reason. Or maybe he doesn't think marketing in Q1 is effective. Or maybe he needs more time to ramp up, and the Directs we saw with him in it were mostly a result of carried momentum. Idk.
I don't think he has a say in any of these decisions.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Honestly, I'm not expecting one...
But I won't put down the beliefs of the believers. "Expecting" isn't that rare of a word and probably was just a coincidence.
I think we will get one sometime this month just like Nate believes. Even if it isn't this week

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Nate would play tricks like that. But we'll see.
It will be impossible to know if it's a trick or not though... if it happens people can say "it was a trick!" and if it doesn't "see, he actually meant it".
It's brilliant, really.
jk, I'm sure Nate would tell us if he was wrong about something

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm not expecting one...
But I won't put down the beliefs of the believers. "Expecting" isn't that rare of a word and probably was just a coincidence.
I think we will get one sometime this month just like Nate believes. Even if it isn't this week

Oh I was totally joking about "expect" being a rare word haha

I just think the fact that he said that a few days ago and people kept bringing it up and making fun of it made him think it might be a fun tease to make.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Doug Bowser wouldn't be the one to decide that. Nintendo stays a japanese company. He obviously has a say, Reggie and Iwata friendship clearly permited to NoA to stand alongside NCL, but NCL stays the mother company.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I don't think Nate saying there isn't a Direct is a hint that there will be a Direct

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Il will stuck to this Thread until Wednesday, if then nothing comes...

I guess i will stop coming to this Thread
tenor.gif

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Y'all are putting too much stock in insiders. It could be this week, it could not be this week. We'll find out when we find out.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018

I'm usually on team "everyone in this thread might as well be trying to soothsay with animal entrails," but I think I'm actually with you on this one. From the few Spawn Casts I've watched, Nate obviously has a pretty cynical, sardonic sense of humor and this seems like the kind of joke he would pull, honestly.

Though, honestly, I'm not that invested in there being a Direct this week either way, since I'm really only in it for the speculation and drama. If Nintendo never released another game for the Switch, my backlog of unfinished games plus the many games already released that I'm interested in but haven't bought plus the multiple games release for the system that have nearly infinite replayability (BotW, Tetris 99, SMO) basically ensure I'd be set for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.