• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a note: The H1 Direct for the Switch has always been the second week of the month. Obviously that's just a pattern, which can easily be broken, but it's not as if second week Directs are impossible. Quite the opposite
That's one of the reasons why I didn't expect it to be announced today. People say next week is too close to AC, but I don't really think it matters.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know this is all about the direct, but to pass the time waiting for this or PS5, I heartily recommend checking out the incredible back catalogs out there. As Nate pointed out, Sayanora Wild Hearts is excellent. Into the Breach is amazing. Outer Wilds is absolutely brilliant.

There are just so many incredibly good games out there and I'm sure you've not played them all yet!

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I know this is all about the direct, but to pass the time waiting for this or PS5, I heartily recommend checking out the incredible back catalogs out there. As Nate pointed out, Sayanora Wild Hearts is excellent. Into the Breach is amazing. Outer Wilds is absolutely brilliant.

There are just so many incredibly good games out there and I'm sure you've not played them all yet!

I would, I really would, but IT'S NOT ON THE GODDAMN SWITCH YET UGHHHHHHHHH

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How? We had one in September. Then we had
  1. None in October
  2. None in November
  3. None in December
  4. None in January
  5. None in February
  6. None in March, so far
That's the way I would count it, at least. Not that it makes the situation any better.

It's been around 182 days since the last Direct in September which makes it about 6 months with ~30 days each.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Which are the strong indies that we are expecting in a potential Indie direct? This year seems really sub-par on that regard as compared to 2018 and 2019 which had stuff like Hollow Knight, Celeste, The Touryst, Dead Cells, Katana Zero etc... I know there is Silksong and maybe Cross Code (though I'm not yet sold on that last one). And what else?
I was hoping for Outer Wilds to eventually come, but apprently it's far from being likely.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
People getting salty each time someone post a tweet of someone saying "man maybe we're getting a bit too obsessed by those things" will never not be funny to me. How to immediately prove the tweet's point lmao.
Some of you are becoming so aggressive. Just chill. Yeah it's annoying, we want our news, I want my Direct too ! I mean, ain't I here everyday ? But some of you just sound ridiculous. In before someone send to me the "no I will not chill" pic lol, but what I mean is stop being aggressive or sarcastic. Be angry if you want, but do not aim your feelings toward other people.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
All these people taking the high ground on internet and giving life advice are so pathetic lol.
I barely visit this thread and this topic (maybe once or twice a day) yet I would be very happy to see a direct (or a better, and indie direct). I doubt that many people lose sleep over the absence of direct (or even of lineup) for their console.
Yeah, these kind of tweets/post are more annoying than the concern trolling that's going on in these threads. We all post here because we like videogames and it's not like we have anything to talk about other than videogames in here. I want to know what the game line up is period. I don't lose any sleep over it and my life is fine but it would be nice to hear what's coming.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
People getting salty each time someone post a tweet of someone saying "man maybe we're getting a bit too obsessed by those things" will never not be funny to me. How to immediately prove the tweet's point lmao.
Some of you are becoming so aggressive. Just chill. Yeah it's annoying, we want our news, I want my Direct too ! I mean, ain't I here everyday ? But some of you just sound ridiculous. In before someone send to me the "no I will not chill" pic lol, but what I mean is stop being aggressive or sarcastic. Be angry if you want, but do not aim your feelings toward other people.

No anger on my side. But those tweets are still pretty weird in what theyaim to achieve. I'm pretty sure most people here or on the internet just go on with their life when a direct isn't announced, except maybe those who spent 18 hours a day scouting this thread.
Making a tweet to low key flex how detached your are regarding gaming news on the other hand, is a little bit sad.

Oct 28, 2019
Yeah, these kind of tweets/post are more annoying than the concern trolling that's going on in these threads. We all post here because we like videogames and it's not like we have anything to talk about other than videogames in here. I want to know what the game line up is period. I don't lose any sleep over it and my life is fine but it would be nice to hear what's coming.

It's the same thing with when someone expresses disappointment over the line-up or the lack of news, you get responses like WELL ACTUALLY as if they speak for 50 million Switch owners or own stock in Nintendo. Okay? Obviously when someone says the line-up is disappointing, it is for them and posts like that should be read with a "In my opinion," in front of them. To be honest I find the people disparaging others' opinions with that nonsense of "it will sell x amount of units so Nintendo doesn't care" more annoying than people just voicing their opinions here - how subjective they may be.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
the people who post here a bunch but keep trying to make realllllly clear that they don't care, they don't give a shit, it'll come eventually, it's just a commercial, 50 million units, you guys are losers:

2f7.jpg

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think a Splatoon spinoff is coming this summer. A great reveal for a March direct to release in July

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah that was a bad post.

It was meant to be directed at people who I thought really overreacted this morning but it came off as targeting the entire thread's existence

Sorry about that

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
How would you guys feel about a "why are you here" poll?

I'm here because it's the fastest way to get news about that hobby. Forums are in general what replaced my RSS flux when it comes to my topics of interest. I don't like gaming websites, gaming journalists and the gaming culture in general.
On these threads (especially the eshop thread where I'm the most active), I learn about games that I wouldn't otherwise and there are some members (who barely post in this topic) with excellent recommendations.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
How? We had one in September. Then we had
  1. None in October
  2. None in November
  3. None in December
  4. None in January
  5. None in February
  6. None in March, so far
That's the way I would count it, at least. Not that it makes the situation any better.
The way I count it is:

1. Direct in September
2. Never would've happened in October
3. Never would've happened in November
4. Never would've happened in December
5. Could've been Jan maybe
6. Hoped it would've happened in Feb.

In all, I'm basically waiting maybe 2 months now.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

I noticed the usual people like Player Essence are using the "Go clear your backlog defense" again.

Extremely annoying and totally missing the point why people like directs.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they bring Outer Wilds over so that more people can play it. It's one of the best games I've ever played. I might even double dip if it happens.

Deleted member 53506

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
The way I count it is:

1. Direct in September
2. Never would've happened in October
3. Never would've happened in November
4. Never would've happened in December
5. Could've been Jan maybe
6. Hoped it would've happened in Feb.

In all, I'm basically waiting maybe 2 months now.
Realistically speaking, I absolutely agree. I'm not implying I or anyone else has been actively waiting since October.

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
I would, I really would, but IT'S NOT ON THE GODDAMN SWITCH YET UGHHHHHHHHH
I felt that game could have been MUCH better. People comparing the worlds and everything to a Bethesda game are crazy. You can tell that it wasn't a AAA title. There was a ton of copy and past stuff throughout the game. I loved it when i first started playing. Then everything started to feel the same and nothing kept me wanting to comeback so i never even finished it. Hopefully now that Microsoft owns them they can get more resources. You can tell its a AA title trying to be AAA title and just kind of falls flat.

Edit: sorry thought you were talking about outer worlds lol

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
That has nothing to do with it.

It's really simple, we had a few leaked third party games (XCOM 2, Catherine) that haven't yet been announced, that are likely going to be announced in a Direct. If a Direct was postponed due to the coronavirus, those third parties would then announce the games on their own, because they have a marketing schedule to stick to outside of Nintendo's marketing schedule.

Since we haven't seen announcements of games like that, we can reasonably conclude that no Direct has been postponed or delayed, yet.
I've seen this mentioned a few times now, but 3rd party games would suffer the same uncertainty and potential delays as 1st party games... it's not just a Nintendo virus.

Not to mention the list could be false.

Not to mention that there's no guarantee any of those games are even in a Direct (not to say they wouldnt be justified inclusions though, they are big enough for sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.