• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
The first Indie World was announced on Friday 16th, 2019 and then it aired on August 19th, 2019, i.e. a Monday and the day before the Gamescom started. Since the next Indie World will be linked to GDC anyway, I could see it airing right the day before the GDC was supposed to start, with an announcement on next Friday. Thus, it's possible the Direct is next week, then followed by the Indie World.

Don't forget that the Nindie Showcase branding has changed. Better to not use what happened before the rebranding as reference.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first Indie World was announced on Friday 16th, 2019 and then it aired on August 19th, 2019, i.e. a Monday and the day before the Gamescom started. Since the next Indie World will be linked to GDC anyway, I could see it airing right the day before the GDC was supposed to start, with an announcement on next Friday. Thus, it's possible the Direct is next week, then followed by the Indie World.

Don't forget that the Nindie Showcase branding has changed. Better to not use what happened before the rebranding as reference.
Isn't it typically the other way around? Indie Worlds and then General Directs?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
This current period sucks, but so did 2018 and most of you seemed fine with it at the time, even telling me that I was the one in the wrong as they would reach their sales targets (which they didn't).
I still believe that 2020 will be much better than 2018 as a whole, but I'll have some legitimate concerns if Nintendo starts silent another month.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the General direct could be this Thursday or next Thursday. I think an Indies World presentation was going to be the 3rd week of March (16-20 timeframe).

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This current period sucks, but so did 2018 and most of you seemed fine with it at the time, even telling me that I was the one in the wrong as they would reach their sales targets (which they didn't).
I still believe that 2020 will be much better than 2018 as a whole, but I'll have some legitimate concerns if Nintendo starts silent another month.
At least in 2018 I had Monster Hunter World to help pass the time. Things on the Xbox/PS4 front are also a snooze fest right now.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it typically the other way around? Indie Worlds and then General Directs?
In 2018 Nintendo did their March 8 General Direct (one that announced Smash) and did the Indies presentation on March 20.

we could be looking at something similar this year. Technically, March 8 is the second week of March so if that holds the direct wouldn't be until next week.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
At least in 2018 I had Monster Hunter World to help pass the time. Things on the Xbox/PS4 front are also a snooze fest right now.

2018 also had great Indies. I complained a lot about Nintendo's output at the time, which made people here antsy as Nintendo could do no wrong at that time, but there was legitimate great games to play throughout the year (just not from Nintendo).
2020 isn't on that level in my opinion; partly because I've got no interest in KRZ, but also because the recent indie games haven't been great in my opinion since The Touryst.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting how some insiders knew about the Animal Crossing direct, but the General Direct is alluding them even though there's a lot more components to it (meaning more people have to be in the know for a general direct since Nintendo works with other companies unlike AC)

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2018 also had great Indies. I complained a lot about Nintendo's output at the time, which made people here antsy as Nintendo could do no wrong at that time, but there was legitimate great games to play throughout the year (just not from Nintendo).
2020 isn't on that level in my opinion; partly because I've got no interest in KRZ, but also because the recent indie games haven't been great in my opinion since The Touryst.
I still haven't played that one. Maybe I should jump on that before Animal Crossing.

Interesting how some insiders knew about the Animal Crossing direct, but the General Direct is alluding them even though there's a lot more components to it (meaning more people have to be in the know for a general direct since Nintendo works with other companies unlike AC)

The answer to that is obvious...
there is no general Direct to know anything about.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Nintendo held a press preview event ahead of the AC Direct so that hands-on articles could go live the same day

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo held a press preview event ahead of the AC Direct so that hands-on articles could go live the same day
Yeah that's true. Nintendo has done General Directs without press playing any games that are going to be in the direct.

And considering Nintendo's next "big game" probably won't be until late April the latest they don't need media playing anything right now until April.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah that's true. Nintendo has done General Directs without press playing any games that are going to be in the direct.

And considering Nintendo's next "big game" probably won't be until late April the latest they don't need media playing anything right now until April.
Emily would know about the Direct by now but she's too busy to leak anymore. Nate might know if there is a third-party shadowdrop coming that he has caught wind of.

Deleted member 53506

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Nah, still not feeling it.
Either we can pack it up 'til same time next week. Or I'm truly dead inside.
Find out in 50 minutes.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Could I perhaps suggest looking over some of the notable games you skipped over in 2019 for one reason or another and considering if there's perhaps a chance that you could have enjoyed them, any one of them, more than you thought? Give them a second thought, if only to consider them for a sale or something

Perhaps there is one or two games like that.

The only other option is to keep waiting.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
Isn't it always strongly hinted by someone with a decent reputation that a Direct Announcement is happening before it happens?

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing no direct until E3. No way they make us wait thing long only to have two general directs just 3 months apart.

They've already announced plenty of smaller filler titles/announcements that could've been for general direct, so I assume we'll get more of those smaller random announcements before the E3 direct

'insiders" I mean it was obvious there would be an AC direct, hardly a difficult prediction, now Nintendo having a direct in January or a Feb was also very likely so many put their bets on that as well and were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.