• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
when it effects your mental health and sanity, which for some people it does (we've seen it in this thread), someone needs to say it

99% of the time is just a bunch of people having fun about something they like and get mad is part of the spirit of the thing.

of course it's stupid, we all know its stupid, who cares? life's pointless, let people enjoy their stuff in peace.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

I just want to say, fuck Gamesradar. That webpage somehow infested my google accounts and I get these push notices every effin where despite me not having allowed them anywhere. I'm sure your content is great GR but I'll never forget you for inserting some sort of trojan horse on to my account ;P I cant get rid of them.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
people telling gaming enthusiasts that they should not be enthusiastic about the games they like is one of the most stupid things in this industry.

ok, fellows, we all know how superior and conscious about your spending you're, let us, poor mortals, be happy about our irrelevant things.
There's enthusiasm and there's... well check this thread at 9am est tomorrow when there isn't a direct announced...

I say this from the experience of being someone who needed directs and E3 to keep me going at times. I see a lot of people in these threads and on Twitter that could be better off gaining some emotional distance from directs/game announcement hype cycles.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
It's not actually effecting people's mental health like that. That seems overdramatic. It's people posting here because they want games to be revealed are bored.
mate there's literally been people saying here that they need to take a step back cause it's effecting their mental health...

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
99% of the time is just a bunch of people having fun about something they like and get mad is part of the spirit of the thing.

of course it's stupid, we all know its stupid, who cares? life's pointless, let people enjoy their stuff in peace.
life's pointless? Not sure me and you are gonna agree on alot if that's the premise that shape your opinions rofl. Obviously not everyone gets overly emotional, and in that case the message probably isn't for them

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I see a lot of people in these threads and on Twitter that could be better off gaining some emotional distance from directs/game announcement hype cycles.

with all due respect, who are you to say that?

unless things dive into offensive stuff, let them get mad, let them criticize and then be happy about another piece of plastic they'll buy in a couple of months. who cares?

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
life's pointless? Not sure me and you are gonna agree on alot if that's the premise that shape your opinions rofl. Obviously not everyone gets overly emotional, and in that case the message probably isn't for them

dude, there are 7 billion people on this planet, everyone just trying to be happy for a while, what's the point in telling them they should not be worried about Y and worry instead about Z?

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Okay. Either way, the "just go play your backlog" type posts are annoying. Nintendo has been strangely weird about lack of info. It's not bad or wrong for people to question things and to want to know what games are coming.
questioning things =/= letting it impact your mental heath, not sure why you're equating the two

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
i work a lot for 10 hours a day, please allow me to be a little stupid in my spare time.
and if this stupidity is complaining about a company not talking about the next piece of plastic I wanna buy, so be it. It's not your problem.

and the thing is: even when we're complaining we're having fun. that's the beauty of threads like this.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
with all due respect, who are you to say that?

unless things dive into offensive stuff, let them get mad, let them criticize and then be happy about another piece of plastic they'll buy in a couple of months. who cares?
As I stated above, I was one of those people. I didn't go on rants and get aggressive but I was unhappy. When I see people repeat behaviors I did and literally admit to being unhappy, that's where it becomes a problem.

There is a healthy way to be gaming enthusiast. I agree people are often to critical of such enthusiasts. I also agree that there are people who like being swept by the hype and that's cool too. What I am speaking to is something that is distinctly unhealthy.

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
dude, there are 7 billion people on this planet, everyone just trying to be happy for a while, what's the point in telling them they should not be worried about Y and worry instead about Z?
Because letting video games impact your mental health will not make you "happy" or healthy?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Either way, the "just go play your backlog" type posts are annoying. Nintendo has been strangely weird about lack of info. It's not bad or wrong for people to question things and to want to know what games are coming.
You've gone from talking about a well-written, completely reasonable article to posts that say "go play your backlog". What are you even arguing at this point?

It's fine if you personally don't see any issue with the rabid thirst for news seen in this thread, but it doesn't mean it's not a problem for others.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
i work a lot for 10 hours a day, please allow me to be a little stupid in my spare time.
and if this stupidity is complaining about a company not talking about the next piece of plastic I wanna buy, so be it. It's not your problem.

and the thing is: even when we're complaining we're having fun. that's the beauty of threads like this.
Yea, as long as there aren't personal attacks, let people just be annoying and mad at thr lack of directs if they want.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Because letting video games impact your mental health will not make you "happy" or healthy?
oh god... please take your advice away from me, you're not my psychiatrist my mental health is perfect. this is just we having fun. I'm a 35yo gu with 3 jobs, girlfriend, dog and a house. I know how to take care of my life.

relax.

and please don't take this as an offense, it's not personal.

cheers.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is starting to get kinda serious.

I say that as someone who sat through like 9 hours of mindless jury duty proceedings today. I want my damn silliness and pug gifs.

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I'm not. The tweet didn't even reference mental health though. He said people are focusing too much on stuff like when directs are coming.
His tweet says "I think we're all getting a little too nuts about the lack of gaming news and I argue we're too emotionally invested", which is obviously an over generalized statement, but is 100% true for some people, as it impacts their mental health.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
You've gone from talking about a well-written, completely reasonable article to posts that say "go play your backlog". What are you even arguing at this point?

It's fine if you personally don't see any issue with the rabid thirst for news seen in this thread, but it doesn't mean it's not a problem for others.
I didn't read the article, just commentint about what the tweet says. It just reminds me of those backlog things that have been said when peoppe are asking for a direct.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
His tweet says "I think we're all getting a little too nuts about the lack of gaming news and I argue we're too emotionally invested", which is obviously an over generalized statement, but is 100% true for some people, as it impacts their mental health.
It might be true for some. If it is, then they should step back if they want. I was talking more general though.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Also, let me say this, playing other non-Nintendo games can make the wait much more bearable. There are a lot of amazing games out there, so please discover them if you have the possibilty. For example, the FFVII remake demo released today for PS4 and it is awesome.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
come on dude, how many people here do you think "needs help"? you don't need to try to save the world and I guess you don't have the acknowledgment to analyze anyone. do you?
I'm just pushing back against how ludicrously defensive you're being towards an article that, by your own account, has nothing to do with you, lol.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Well, this thread has gone places once again.

For me: somewhat dissapointing, but not something that has a true effect on mi life. or lets say it this way: since january im not actively expecting it, and am mor ecausaly looking in this thread...ifanything with threads like this can be called causal. =D

Hm. i get the feeling, i'll play FF7 remake on switch 2.
With the pace of Square Enix Releases (and since they are selling them in 60$ parts) they wont release more than one part per year. I asume they wont make the later parts ps5 exclusive, since the engine/models are already usable on PS4. And i really dont want to play them, till we at least know when the last part will come out. Last thin where i started to watch to early was the Evangelion Rebuilds... (1.0:2007, 2.0: 2009, 3.0: 2012. And the last one: 2020, 8 years later...)
So i see a chance that they'll port the parts based on the PS4build to switch 2...

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
More like what would happen to Nintendo, people would just move on and stop caring. We've seen the results with the Wii when it was at its prime.
But people keeping saying that the longer Nintendo holds off the better direct will be. So if we hold off a whole year maybe it will be the best direct ever. 🤔

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
Complaining about what Imran said and suggesting that he's on a high horse is kinda proving his point lol. Some y'all go too far. Like, yes we are gaming enthusiasts and Nintendo has been very quiet. It's fair for us to take issue with that. But some get out of control. There's a way to do things and a way not to do things and some here choose to do the latter.

It's not that serious. Some just need to breathe and maybe get off the internet a bit...or at least this website lmfao. Go watch some youtube vids, get your memes, etc etc. Gets a lil toxic here, same with social media.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Serious mode

What is Khan actually thinking about "crazy" post authors

Does he think that if they did something else it would be less crazy

(I do think it could easily be more dangerous)

Or is he a gaming equivalent of an emotionless guru who snarks at people having any emotions on the subject

Or what exactly

Oct 25, 2017
Almost want another six months of no news just to see what would happen in this thread.
giphy-downsized.gif

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to get Pillars of Eternity but it's a bit pricey, anyone know if it's gone on sale on the eShop before?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
people telling gaming enthusiasts that they should not be enthusiastic about the games they like is one of the most stupid things in this industry.

ok, fellows, we all know how superior and conscious about your spending you're, let us, poor mortals, be happy about our irrelevant things.
Oh hey you also came at me on Twitter with that exact post. I commented that you didn't actually read it, to which you never replied. Since I'm assuming you still haven't read it (and will still be mad now that I called that out), let me quote this part for you.

This is not to say that, if you are one of the people desirous of future game announcements, that you are in any way bad or toxic. The industry has perpetuated this thinking because it works to get games sold. The problem starts to bubble up when the things we take entirely for granted disappear and their absence leaves us without proper alternatives to things we thought we need. The release of endorphins from Nintendo announcing a new video or PlayStation revealing a public demo should not make us dependent on them to provide us with a cathartic commercial. We can sit back, relax, and wait for them to come to us.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have a hair cut appointment at the usual Nintendo Direct time this Thursday, gonna call up Bowser and ask him to reschedule

It's amazing how quickly I forgot about that show.

It's hilarious thinking back a year to how hype the lead-up to the GoT finale was

It and Star Wars ending how they did last year was surprisingly cathartic in a way. I have some residual hope for the latter at least, but the former??? I sure hope GRRM does better

Status
Not open for further replies.