• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I dont get why you all think 2019 was such a good year. We didn't get anything until the very end of June and basically every game from Nintendo but fire emblem disappointed in one way or another
Oh yeah, it disappointed so much that almost all Nintendo games in 2019 has more than 80 on Metacritic, and from June to November you had constant memes and images on Twitter about Nintendo killing it.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Antagonizing another member
How difficult is it to understand that there are people who do not want a game with 2D gameplay to have 3D gameplay?
You lack ambition and are a Nintendo fan who's easy to please. Get out of here.

EDIT: Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Should have used '/s'.

Last edited:

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Reposting for the new page.

I was looking at the list of Nintendo Directs on wikipedia and someone seems to think we're getting one soon lol

ERyvMu3XkAMc7Yd

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
I don't know how much of this thread is satire and blatant trolling and how much of it is truly serious.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If we started using only popularity and sales data to argue which games should be made, we might as well just burn this entire thread down right now.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Oracle are ugly AND not that good.
Imagine.

More seriously, the next 2D Zelda game is probably new anyway.

i can't be objective about it bit I lived in Egypt when I was young and Oracle of ages/seasons were the only one available and they were my first GBC game so I really like them and have fond memory of them but again was quite young

the boss gameplay i like it and the fact that we could travel throughout the seasons/past-future those were good gameplay ideas imho.

i never played Links awakening (original games were so expensive there) and will play it on the switch after finishing pokemon Sword

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
You don't speak for everyone, 2D Zelda games aren't nearly as popular, and a 3D remake of LA would have sold much better.
Just making a game 3D for the sake of it is a bad idea.
With how much you would have to change, might aswell just make a new game then.
But then there's the budget.
Sure a full 3D game could possibly have sold better, but it would also have been more expensive and time consuming.
And it's not like people aren't getting any 3D Zelda.
The smaller Zelda titles dying out would have been very sad, I'm happy they still have a home on Switch and didn't stop on 3DS, even if I would have liked something more original like in the Gameboy/GBA days.
Just because you don't like that gameplay style because it feels too "archaic" for you, don't just try to take it away from others.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I adore top-down Zelda and will happily pay for an Oracle of Ages remake, an Oracle of Seasons remake, and a Minish Cap remake all with the same cute diorama style.

A "3D" remake would be a completely different game.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
What they really need to remake is The Adventure of Link.
Playing through this at the moment on Switch (my final Zelda game to finish). It really is the black sheep of the series. And I agree, out of all of the Zelda games it would probably benefit the most from being re-done.

A link to the past isn't very good, it can stay in the past. Albw does everything better
then everyone will realize how much better A Link Between Worlds is

the perfect plan
These are quite the takes.

Correct takes, too!

*runs*

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
I'd to see a sequel of Twilight Princess or at least a spin off with Midna

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I had never played LA before the Switch remake.

For me it is the kind of game you forget all of its flaws given how good it is.

I started hating it because of the abscence of HD Rumble (a very important feature for me) and the unexcusable performance (seriously, one of the worst Nintendo games ever in this regard), but it was slowly convincing me to the point of getting emotional when the credits rolled.

Really good videogame.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Link Between Worlds was such a disappointment. The item rental system ruined the dungeons.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Ignoring all that "ambition" nonesense talk, you'll have to admit LA HD really failed to follow up ALBW's silky smooth 2D-movement.
(8-directional movement should have stayed dead dammit)

It was so good I really can't enjoy myself playing the older 2D entries (except for the DS titles).

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Does Zelda team still have the paradigm of dedicated 2D and 3D teams? Regardless LAHD was a big disappointment for me, I'd much rather see them create a new 2D Zelda rather than do a 1:1 remake of a game I've already played. Especially since ALBW was so good and 7 years ago.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Lol at citing FFXV as an example for a good release schedule. We waited aeons for that. And we waited aeons for FF7R, too. And its not even the complete experience.
Tjeir output isnt "destroyed", it just isnt what other devs should strive for. At all.

The expansions for FFXIV are the only thing that works well.

That is not complete true since they're doing the Mana remakes, Octopath Traveler, and a new Bravery Default game. So their AA effects have been good. Their AAA effects is what kinda stalled.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I´d like a new top down Zelda for sure, but if I had to guess I´d say an Oracle Of Seasons/Oracle of Ages Remake Collection is more likely.

Nintendo makes a lot of remakes because people buy them.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Can't agree on Link to the Past not being very good. It's still easily my favorite 2D Zelda game with only the Oracle games coming closed to it. It actually made me a Zelda fan since I didn't really care for the original Zelda or Zelda II.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Can't agree on Link to the Past not being very good. It's still easily my favorite 2D Zelda game with only the Oracle games coming closed to it. It actually made me a Zelda fan since I didn't really care for the original Zelda or Zelda II.
it was the first Zelda game I loved, too

but ALBW took pretty much everything it did and did it better

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
And because resources are limited. Something people seem to forget time and time again.

And it isn't just Nintendo. One of Capcom's best selling games last year was a remake of RE2 and Square seems to be putting a lot of work in the remake of Trials of Mana after they cheeped out on the Secret of Mana remake. I mean, Square's biggest title for nearly half a decade is a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.