• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
This is legit getting annoying. To think that the first general direct is going to be in March. Flippin hell.

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
I literally preordered Animal Crossing on the eShop out of despair. So if what Nintendo is doing is a strategy, it's working.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This is false, however your point is valid. I seriously doubt they have a set of rules that they follow when they do directs. I think the "trends" that have been found are purely coincidental.

Yeah spacetime is a real physical law but the time of day (i.e. 9am or whatever) is what I was (jokingly) referring to as a meaningless construct.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
The existence of Metroid Prime Trilogy looking pretty unlikely by this point, no reason it couldn't have featured in this drought.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
nintendos strategy is sctually a detriment since most psople who will be playing animal crossing in March 20th already own it

Nintendo you can't get more money from me on animal crossing I bought it already

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I sort of get the anxiety surrounding the lack of a Direct or any dated games beyond Animal Crossing but I also feel that with the Switch hitting its third year anniversary, people should probably know what to expect by now.

That's one reason why the fretting and honest-to-god despair is so amusing to me. Like, insiders or no insiders, I don't think Nintendo's Q2 lineup is that hard to puzzle together. And yet people are honestly concerned that Nintendo will have no products, which is the one option that has absolutely no evidence in support of it and literal decades of evidence against it.

I'm just like, geez people, just look at Nintendo's previous Q2s. They're nothing if not consistent. A Wii/Wii U remaster or two? A mid-budget Mario spin-off to round off the quarter? That seems like not a bad indication of what to expect this year, especially since Nintendo has already announced a Wii remaster. Expect that, and then be pleasantly surprised if there are pleasant surprises. Don't expect nothing and then fret about Nintendo not having any games.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been enjoying this. It's like almost edging yourself to completion and then pulling back at the last minute and repeating it again for the next week and so on.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Thank god no one gave me false illusions on a franchise I like or anything like that, poor Paper Mario fans.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this is ridiculous. Nintendo's never gone this long without a Direct as we all know and it's really worrying that they just don't have anything worthwhile to show... 3 years into the system's life.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The existence of Metroid Prime Trilogy looking pretty unlikely by this point, no reason it couldn't have featured in this drought.
I think Prime Trilogy was probably planned to release earlier on from Prime 4, to bring people back into the series

But when Prime 4 got rebooted, it also caused Prime Trilogy to get shelved because then there'd be a years long gap between Trilogy and Prime 4.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
T̷̢̬̟͖͖̣͒̀̔̀͌̏̈́̐̀̑̈́͊̚͘̕͠o̴̟̒͋͗̒̅̽̐̌̄̎͛͐̅̕͝͠m̷̢̠̫͈̲̝̠̠͚͆̀̅̍ͅö̸̢͚̲̟̩͉̦͇͖́͑̀̃͒͆̓͊̊̈́̈́͝ŗ̷͍̹̜͙͚͇͂̈́̇r̷̨̨̜̯̺͈͓̠̲̜̩̱̠̗̟̱̭̾̅͐̌͑͑͆̚͜ǫ̵̛̩̯̲̦̲̬̗̦͖̝͈̆̒̌̽̆́̽͜w̴̨̢̰͍̰̝̥̪͌̒̈́͌̆̊̿͂̀̈̈́͗̾̑̾̿͘ ̴̨̨͕̦̫̥̗̱͖̻̝̩͔͔͎͖͇̭͆̓̂͆̐̄̃̓͘F̷͈̱̬̫͖̜̞̠͚̟̘̗̆̏͜ǫ̵̛͇̿͗̈́̄̎́̓̀̌͑͋̅͘r̸̡͗͊̌̍̎̉̌̐͗̚͠ ̵̩̣̗͙̝̬̼̅̀͊̓̽͆̄͠S̶͉͈̱̹̄u̸̢͈͖̯͇̞̳̱̰̟͓̳͛͘̚r̶͇̬̞̙͚̥͙̩̳̦̟̰͖͇͕̼̼̭͠ȩ̷̭̻̼͍͚̫̲̦̳̪̎̀̒̀̏̀͛̎̂͘͜͝͠

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is ridiculous. Nintendo's never gone this long without a Direct as we all know and it's really worrying that they just don't have anything worthwhile to show... 3 years into the system's life.

Can't believe they just have no games anymore.

5000 people employed to turn around their fingers in a giant office. Must be a dream job.

I shouldnt be surprised to read such eye rolling takes here but its just too hilarious to see them

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
T̷̢̬̟͖͖̣͒̀̔̀͌̏̈́̐̀̑̈́͊̚͘̕͠o̴̟̒͋͗̒̅̽̐̌̄̎͛͐̅̕͝͠m̷̢̠̫͈̲̝̠̠͚͆̀̅̍ͅö̸̢͚̲̟̩͉̦͇͖́͑̀̃͒͆̓͊̊̈́̈́͝ŗ̷͍̹̜͙͚͇͂̈́̇r̷̨̨̜̯̺͈͓̠̲̜̩̱̠̗̟̱̭̾̅͐̌͑͑͆̚͜ǫ̵̛̩̯̲̦̲̬̗̦͖̝͈̆̒̌̽̆́̽͜w̴̨̢̰͍̰̝̥̪͌̒̈́͌̆̊̿͂̀̈̈́͗̾̑̾̿͘ ̴̨̨͕̦̫̥̗̱͖̻̝̩͔͔͎͖͇̭͆̓̂͆̐̄̃̓͘F̷͈̱̬̫͖̜̞̠͚̟̘̗̆̏͜ǫ̵̛͇̿͗̈́̄̎́̓̀̌͑͋̅͘r̸̡͗͊̌̍̎̉̌̐͗̚͠ ̵̩̣̗͙̝̬̼̅̀͊̓̽͆̄͠S̶͉͈̱̹̄u̸̢͈͖̯͇̞̳̱̰̟͓̳͛͘̚r̶͇̬̞̙͚̥͙̩̳̦̟̰͖͇͕̼̼̭͠ȩ̷̭̻̼͍͚̫̲̦̳̪̎̀̒̀̏̀͛̎̂͘͜͝͠

Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.