• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I see we are back to the snarky "lol you shills are angry about not seeing a nintendo commercial" comments.

Aug 12, 2019
Impatient Nintendo fans have a bad tendency to take their own personal disinterest in certain products as "Nintendo not caring about the fan base" or "screwing up their greater plans for the Switch." Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Smash appeal to an absolutely massive portion of the Switch fan base and they are never going to be able to keep everyone happy. Like, if you own a Switch right now, there's how much other stuff to go out and try these days including how many games that came out with potentially 100s of hours of gameplay just last year?

Just calm down and let Animal Crossing carry them into March when they have the Direct. Nintendo likes to show off content when it is ready and the longer they go without a Direct, the more time they have to prepare content to show the audience. Also, 2019 was an insane year for Nintendo in terms of consistent quality releases, they're going to have to take a little bit of time to get back to that hard hitting of a release schedule as development of games just takes time.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
legitmately hilarious how worked up people get about not having a stream of nintendo ads
It's more that people want to know what new games they can play and not the ads themselves. Directs generally reveal some big new games, you know.
Not at all. It may be a way for Nintendo to market but i bet for the 200-300k or so of us it's like a highly anticipated episode of a seasonal popular show. Nothing weird in that.

If Nintendo would put out a textual list of non-ports, non-remakes, non-remastered, actual new games with rough time schedules of when they're launching I'd be fine with that too. Right now though there's 4 confirmed games (that comply to earlier mentioned) that come out after Animal Crossing and nothing more. Braverly Default II, BotW2, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Impatient Nintendo fans have a bad tendency to take their own personal disinterest in certain products as "Nintendo not caring about the fan base" or "screwing up their greater plans for the Switch." Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Smash appeal to an absolutely massive portion of the Switch fan base and they are never going to be able to keep everyone happy. Like, if you own a Switch right now, there's how much other stuff to go out and try these days including how many games that came out with potentially 100s of hours of gameplay just last year?

Just calm down and let Animal Crossing carry them into March when they have the Direct. Nintendo likes to show off content when it is ready and the longer they go without a Direct, the more time they have to prepare content to show the audience. Also, 2019 was an insane year for Nintendo in terms of consistent quality releases, they're going to have to take a little bit of time to get back to that hard hitting of a release schedule as development of games just takes time.

This. Y'all should be playing Tetris 99 or Splatoon 2 or BOTW, not complaining about Animal Crossing of all things.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
Look on the bright side, y'all. If there's a Direct in March, it should be next week. Don't see them waiting any longer than that.
I don't believe anymore
If Nintendo would put out a textual list of non-ports, non-remakes, non-remastered, actual new games with rough time schedules of when they're launching I'd be fine with that too. Right now though there's 4 confirmed games (that comply to earlier mentioned) that come out after Animal Crossing and nothing more. Braverly Default II, BotW2, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4.
Yeah, and 3 of those could be released anytime between next month and 2025 for what we know currently

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
A last week Feb general direct never made sense. A general direct in the first half of March, yeah that makes a lot of sense

banter

Jan 12, 2018
You mean BUFFALO chicken pizza.
Gah! When I was stationed in SC there was a place down the road from base called Vinny's Pizza and they had THE BEST buffalo chicken pizza. I'm not even a big fan of chicken on pizza in general but this pizza was so f'n good... now i want some. 6 hour drive (one way) is telling me no though 😭.

I don't think we'll get another full direct until Animal Crossing releases, but I've definitely been wrong before.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
The Pokemon Company stream is going to air at 23:00 tomorrow in Japan. That's around...8 hours from when a potential February 27th would air (they're aired at 23:00 CET / 07:00 JPT of the next day).

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Oh the number of absurd posts in this thread it's a shame,...many interesting conversations are deep under a big layer of trolls, pizza and whatever

I don't think they've even done it once aside from the couple of minis they shadow dropped

They did it a lot feel free to check that yourself on 2018/2019 direct anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.