• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Guys its over, there is no announcement of a Direct this Week, we will have something from Plantinums Games and the Stream from Yacht Club, thats it🤷🏻‍♂️

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
The first one is self published. The second one will be revealed by PG themselves through a famitsu article so it's assuredly self published as well.

All four of them are likely self published tbh. And id expect at least one to be a mobile title.
If they weren't, Platinum wouldn't be the ones announcing and teasing them. The publisher would be announcing them.

So, I'm quite sure they're self-published titles.

True. So we expect TW101, a smartphone game and 2 potentially new games. I wonder if Madworld HD, Anarchy Reigns HD... or another smaller title from their past could also be ported and published by them. I just find hard to believe that they have enough resources to suddenly greenlit several projects, one of them "big". TW101 is a big enough game that was already developed (and funded by Nintendo) so maybe they can also strike a deal with Sega on some game that Sega is not interested in re-releasing. A smartphone game can be quite cheap to make depending on the inital content too.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
NSMB2 was pretty mediocre and so is the 79 score for a Mario game but 89 and 87 are pretty wild scores for 2D platformers. Look at Tropical Freeze scores for example.

Look, if Furukawa turned around to EAD Tokyo and said "there are people on Resetera saying we don't have what it takes to make 2D platformers that score above 90+ anymore, so cancel Super Mario Iliad because we're putting you guys on a new 2D game to prove that we can still do it", there'd be a lot of groans, and Miyamoto would probably roll his eyes, but I have no doubt in my mind that they could do it.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
PlatinumGames

2009 - MadWorld (SEGA) / Infinite Space (SEGA) / Bayonetta (SEGA)
2010 - Vanquish (SEGA)
2011 - /
2012 - Anarchy Reigns (SEGA)
2013 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami) / The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo)
2014 - Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo) / Bayonetta Wii U Port (Nintendo) / The Legend of Korra (Activision)
2015 - Transformers: Devastation (Activision)
2016 - Star Fox Zero (Nintendo) / Star Fox Guard (Nintendo) / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Activision)
2017 - NieR: Automata (Square Enix) / Bayonetta PC Port (SEGA) / Vanquish PC Port (SEGA)
2018 - Bayonetta Switch Port (Nintendo) / Bayonetta 2 Switch Port (Nintendo) / NieR: Automata XB1 Port (Square Enix)
2019 - Astral Chain (Nintendo)

Unreleased, no longer in development - Scalebound (Microsoft, January 2017) / Granblue Fantasy Relink (Cygames, February 2019)
MIA - Lost Order (Cygames) / World of Demons (DeNA)

I expect something like this for 2020+

2020 - Vanquish PS4 & XB1 Port (SEGA) / Bayonetta PS4 & XB1 Port (SEGA) / The Wonderful 101 Remastered (PlatinumGames) / Bayonetta 3 (Nintendo) / Mobile game (PlatinumGames)
2021 - Console New IP #1 (PlatinumGames) / Babylon's Fall (Square Enix)
2022 - Console New IP #2 (PlatinumGames)

Not sure whether Bayonetta 3 is 2020 or 2021 but for Babylon's Fall since we won't see the game again until this summer (TGS?) it's very unlikely to hit this year.
Also add a Bayo port for PS5 and Xbox Series X somewhere lol

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
I would give up my firstborn for a handdrawn 2D Mario that looks like this

super-mario-bros-japanese-box-art.png

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
PlatinumGames

2009 - MadWorld (SEGA) / Infinite Space (SEGA) / Bayonetta (SEGA)
2010 - Vanquish (SEGA)
2011 - /
2012 - Anarchy Reigns (SEGA)
2013 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami) / The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo)
2014 - Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo) / Bayonetta Wii U Port (Nintendo) / The Legend of Korra (Activision)
2015 - Transformers: Devastation (Activision)
2016 - Star Fox Zero (Nintendo) / Star Fox Guard (Nintendo) / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Activision)
2017 - NieR: Automata (Square Enix) / Bayonetta PC Port (SEGA) / Vanquish PC Port (SEGA)
2018 - Bayonetta Switch Port (Nintendo) / Bayonetta 2 Switch Port (Nintendo) / NieR: Automata XB1 Port (Square Enix)
2019 - Astral Chain (Nintendo)

Unreleased, no longer in development - Scalebound (Microsoft, January 2017) / Granblue Fantasy Relink (Cygames, February 2019)
MIA - Lost Order (Cygames) / World of Demons (DeNA)

I expect something like this for 2020+

2020 - Vanquish PS4 & XB1 Port (SEGA) / Bayonetta PS4 & XB1 Port (SEGA) / The Wonderful 101 Remastered (PlatinumGames) / Bayonetta 3 (Nintendo) / Mobile game (PlatinumGames)
2021 - Console New IP #1 (PlatinumGames) / Babylon's Fall (Square Enix)
2022 - Console New IP #2 (PlatinumGames)

Not sure whether Bayonetta 3 is 2020 or 2021 but for Babylon's Fall since we won't see the game again until this summer (TGS?) it's very unlikely to hit this year.
Also add a Bayo port for PS5 and Xbox Series X somewhere lol
That seems likely. I would add Astral Chain 2 for 2021 or more likely 2022 but that's just speculation at this point

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
I would also give up a kidney for a Zelda life-sim. Give me a Stardew-like Lon Lon Ranch simulator with a few towns, real Zelda dungeons and a great progression system.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Look, if Furukawa turned around to EAD Tokyo and said "there are people on Resetera saying we don't have what it takes to make 2D platformers that score above 90+ anymore, so cancel Super Mario Iliad because we're putting you guys on a new 2D game to prove that we can still do it", there'd be a lot of groans, and Miyamoto would probably roll his eyes, but I have no doubt in my mind that they could do it.
Yeah probably, NSMB seem to be lower budget less ambitious projects than the 3D games. But I still don't think they are awful or bad even for Nintendo standards.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
In 2019 all Directs were announced Tuesday and aired Wednesday
But in 2018 all of them were announced Wednesday and aired Thursday
So anything is possible

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Could be in 20 minutes, could be in several hours, could be tomorrow...i think it's sort of useless to try and predict anymore after the last Animal Crossing Direct announcement!

Either way exciting stuff is on the horizon - Nintendo will have to pull out the big guns this year to not drown in the Sony and Microsoft buzz.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
i think it's sort of useless to try and predict anymore after the last Animal Crossing Direct announcement!

The AC Direct really didn't throw a wrench in anything, game-specific Directs have always been announced at weird times. XC2 Direct was announced on a Friday, for instance. General Directs are much more rigid in their patterns (but still, Nintendo, so who knows).

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
"The leaker Zippo told WIRED that they will no longer be leaking Nintendo games. And in a message on his Discord channel, the leaker Sabi said the same to friends and fans. Finally, in February, the FBI caught one of the most connected Nintendo leakers of all time: a hacker who went by the name RyanRocks."

Holy shit lmfao.

Status
Not open for further replies.