• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Rate my imaginary fan wank Direct
  • Metroid 5 - looks like Ori in terms of how everything is rendered. Is set after Fusion and features an aesthetic overhaul of Samus' orange organic suit at the end of that game. The trailer hints at some brand new power ups inspired by the organic nature of the suit. No space pirates, evil Chozo instead. It is titled Metroid Dread.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy - Full graphical overhaul.
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - one awesome feature that didn't get shown in the AC direct gets shown here instead.
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC - my direct fan-fiction my rules. A whopping 4 new cups with new tracks, both remakes and debuting. New characters including more crossovers. Costs thirty dollaroos
  • An awesome brand new EPD IP that half the forum will downplay the shit out of until it launches.
  • BotW 2 comes 2020 and closes out the show with a trailer that gives the 2017 one a run for its money.
  • Bayonetta 3 is shown
  • ENDLESS OCEAN 3. HD dolphins! HD sharks! HD hagfish (nsfl)! . Yeah now we getting into some real shit. Multiple biomes. Settings that allow both stress-free virtual tourism and hardcore abyssal horrors based on your desires!
  • Style Savvy Slay Queen is announced. You're like a queen and you slay with all the customization and design options. This is no small game anymore. Full fat sixty bucks fashionista experience. Features Kenny Omega somehow.
  • XenoblaDE trailer with a heavy emphasis on Bionis' swole AF shoulder. When you see the sheer biodiversity, it is clear that Bionis didn't skip the shoulder day.
  • Pikmin 3 and SM3DW are your Wii U ports for the day. The reason why SMO 2 isn't coming this year is because EPD Tokyo has been working on the next bullet point
  • Donkey Kong begins the Direct by expanding dong in 3D. A linear action-packed platformer with a cinematic flair with set pieces and shit. Remember some TF levels like the one with the rhino inside a tornado or that minecart level that goes to Atlantis? Same energy. This is Ninty's bid to elevate him to a-list status again.
  • Fan icon Detective Club in English.
  • A slew of late 3rd party ports like X-com 2 and full body. There's also a couple of bigger girth indies like Outer Wilds and Disco Elysian announced
  • Hollow knight Silksong gets a full trailer and gets rated.
  • Capcom announces a brand new Monster Hun... AHAHAHA sorry I cannot do it even in fanfiction anymore.
So yeah post your own fanwank too folks
No kid icarus, terrible direct.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
ENDLESS OCEAN 3. HD dolphins! HD sharks! HD hagfish (nsfl)! . Yeah now we getting into some real shit. Multiple biomes. Settings that allow both stress-free virtual tourism and hardcore abyssal horrors based on your desires!

10/10.

d5qa8c4vmd711.jpg

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just wait until the hyper-godlike expansion pass that adds prehistoric marine biomes.

Anomalocaris, Helicoprion, Dunkleosteos, Ichtyosaurs, Mosasaurs, Megalodon oh my!

Thalassophobia season pass will be lit

At this point, a "Sunken City of R'lyeh" DLC sounds less scary ... it even sounds less scary than HD Hagfish already.

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They should give the IP a boost by first doing Endless Ocean: Hoenn Region.:P

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Last edited:

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
The dream for me?

Endless Ocean 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy (with graphical overhaul)
Eternal Darkness 2
All the Microsoft Switch stuff we've had rumoured
XCOM 2
Open-world 3D Donkey Kong

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
My Dream Direct:

3D Mario
2D Donkey Kong
Sonic Mania 2
Silksong
Metroid (in any way, shape, or form)
Yakuza -hopefully Kiwami, but I'd be down for Zero, or remasters of the PS2 games, or basically anything yakuza-.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
That last bullet-point I added in a separate post is something I actually expect to see this year.

I fully expect a 3rd party revival out of the left field.

Nintendo won't stop with Deadly Premonition 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Isn't it a little bit strange, Nintendo didn't annouced their PAX Line-Up yet... I mean it can't be only Pokemon MD DX and Animal Crossing and maybe all teh stuff that is already avaible, if they really have the biggest booth... they sure have more than that... I smell genreal Direct next week?

augustinson

Sep 2, 2019
Isn't it a little bit strange, Nintendo didn't annouced their PAX Line-Up yet... I mean it can't be only Pokemon MD DX and Animal Crossing and maybe all teh stuff that is already avaible, if they really have the biggest booth... they sure have more than that... I smell genreal Direct next week?

Thinking the same. Like an E3 but for PAX.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Or they're going to cancel like Sony?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I missed a lot. I seen there were some tweets. Are we back on the hype train for a potential Nintendo Direct next week?

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
But if the PAX starts Thursday I don't think they would announce their line-up that same day... I personally think next week will be empty, though I would love to be wrong and have a general Direct of course

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
User banned (3 days): Hostility
Considering how many new/young Switch players haven't played the original trilogy, and how cheap such a remaster could be, releasing MP4 without rereleasing MPT first would be a pretty bad business move if not straight up foolish.
The bad business move was to greenlight MP4 in the first place, and the second one was to not completely axe it when they had the chance last year due to bamco bailing out.

Its gonna dissapoint business wise either way, as have all other Metroid Prime games considering their combined sales are bellow singular titles by the same studio.

MP4 is a game born out of the loud and consistent demand of a tiny fanbase over many years, and imo the only reason they dont can it permanently is because its easier to release it to bad sales than to endure another 10+ years of whining from that tiny fanbase.

Today is the day
You just have to believe!!
I have been firmly believing that MPT on Switch does not exist since the very beginning.

But i do know its a hopeless fight, since the delusional people will just say nintendo sat on it for 5+ years if it does eventually release in 2022, instead of the reality that it didnt exist when "insiders" claimed, but they eventually did make it.
Its like arguing with religious people. You cant prove their imaginary person in the sky does not exist.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Oh you mean truly open-world?

I assumed you meant open sandbox like SMO2 or Banjo or.. DK64

Yep, truly! Just a massive, mysterious open-world, set on an Island that's full of character and all under a day/night cycle. Ancient ruins, crashed planes, spooky caves, lush sunsets above the canopies, abandoned walkways below them, starry skies over the savannahs, lots of animals running around.

It'd be AMAZING.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
The bad business move was to greenlight MP4 in the first place, and the second one was to not completely axe it when they had the chance last year due to bamco bailing out.

Its gonna dissapoint business wise either way, as have all other Metroid Prime games considering their combined sales are bellow singular titles by the same studio.

MP4 is a game born out of the loud and consistent demand of a tiny fanbase over many years, and imo the only reason they dont can it permanently is because its easier to release it to bad sales than to endure another 10+ years of whining from that tiny fanbase.

I have been firmly believing that MPT on Switch does not exist since the very beginning.

But i do know its a hopeless fight, since the delusional people will just say nintendo sat on it for 5+ years if it does eventually release in 2022, instead of the reality that it didnt exist when "insiders" claimed, but they eventually did make it.
Its like arguing with religious people. You cant prove their imaginary person in the sky does not exist.

Ow the edge.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yep, truly! Just a massive, mysterious open-world, set on an Island that's full of character and all under a day/night cycle. Ancient ruins, crashed planes, spooky caves, lush sunsets above the canopies, abandoned walkways below them, starry skies over the savannahs, lots of animals running around.

It'd be AMAZING.
I've thought about something like this before.

Seems like something that would be hard to do right but would be Earth-shattering if they could pull it off.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

It's hilarious how contradictory you are. So you say it's a tiny fanbase that just whines, and yet nintendo listened to this "tiny fanbase" to make a huge new aaa game and announce it at e3? Wow, they must have been scared of this...."tiny fanbase" if they thought making a game...erhm...."doomed to failed" was still worth more than having a "tiny fanbase" whine". And then they cancelled that whole game after years and millions spent on it, and then restarted the whole thing with retro because that would still cost less than a "tiny fanbase"whining? Wow, the tiny fanbase must be pretty scary then to cost more than millions of dollars and rebooting a whole aaa game.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

It'd be AMAZING.
This sounds great and all, but there's a reason why there's no open-world platformers. Traversal would suck (although, this could be taken care of if you added minecarts) and it might lag out due to all the assets.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
This sounds great and all, but there's a reason why there's no open-world platformers. Traversal would suck (although, this could be taken care of if you added minecarts) and it might lag out due to all the assets.

It wouldn't have to! Want to cross the savanna quickly? Find one of Rambi's or Expresso's mates and do it in lightning speed; need to get to a high place? Squawkes can help you out. Add standard ape shit, such as climbing trees, vine swinging through jungles, riding mine carts or using exploding barrels, and, suddenly, traversal isn't looking too bad. These suggestions aren't unprecedented for the series and the map doesn't have to be BotW size.

All to what is probably the most moody and atmospheric soundtrack collection in gaming history.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If anyone could do it, it'd be Nintendo. If anyone SHOULD do it, it'd be Nintendo.

Last edited:

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
It wouldn't have to! Want to cross the savanna quickly? Find one of Rambi's or Expresso's mates and do it in lightning speed; need to get to a high place? Squawkes can help you out. Add standard ape shit, such as climbing trees, vine swinging through jungles, riding mine carts or using exploding barrels, and, suddenly, traversal isn't looking too bad. These suggestions aren't unprecedented for the series and the map doesn't have to be BotW size.

If anyone could do it, it'd be Nintendo. If anyone SHOULD do it, it'd be Nintendo.

Goddammit, now I want this. Too bad Nintendo won't ever make this on the current Switch, though (I am of the belief that they're currently busy with Odyssey 2). Maybe on the Switch 2.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
It's hilarious how contradictory you are. So you say it's a tiny fanbase that just whines, and yet nintendo listened to this "tiny fanbase" to make a huge new aaa game and announce it at e3? Wow, they must have been scared of this...."tiny fanbase" if they thought making a game...erhm...."doomed to failed" was still worth more than having a "tiny fanbase" whine". And then they cancelled that whole game after years and millions spent on it, and then restarted the whole thing with retro because that would still cost less than a "tiny fanbase"whining? Wow, the tiny fanbase must be pretty scary then to cost more than millions of dollars and rebooting a whole aaa game.
There is no need to get mad.

I just voiced my opinion, thought that would be ok.
Publishers often listen to the loud minority, especially when a large part of the games media is part of that.

Saving this incredibly bad take to quote when MP4 sets the sales record for the series and is a huge success.

Setting a new sales record for the series isnt that hard considering how bad it sells compared to other Nintendo franchises, just 3M would put it above MP1 which is currently on top.
I could see it get there if Nintendo puts some heavy marketing behind it.
But 3M for something that was in development for some time before getting a reboot and was then in development for quite some time again isnt what i would consider a "success", especially when its by a studio that could have put out a game in another franchise that has a proven trackrecord of selling much more than that in the same timeframe.

But Metroid fans always find something else besides the franchise itself to blame the sales failure of their favorite franchise on, so i guess when MP4 releases to bad sales its just gonna be because Switch isnt a place for "hardcore" games, or because its too old or something.

SerKwak

Apr 6, 2018

Ok. Take a deep breath and drink some water. Everything is going to be ok. Metroid (Prime) is a beloved series and is a good addition to Nintendo's portfolio.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
There is no need to get mad.

I just voiced my opinion, thought that would be ok.
Publishers often listen to the loud minority, especially when a large part of the games media is part of that.

Setting a new sales record for the series isnt that hard considering how bad it sells compared to other Nintendo franchises, just 3M would put it above MP1 which is currently on top.
I could see it get there if Nintendo puts some heavy marketing behind it.
But 3M for something that was in development for some time before getting a reboot and was then in development for quite some time again isnt what i would consider a "success", especially when its by a studio that could have put out a game in another franchise that has a proven trackrecord of selling much more than that in the same timeframe.

But Metroid fans always find something else besides the franchise itself to blame the sales failure of their favorite franchise on, so i guess when MP4 releases to bad sales its just gonna be because Switch isnt a place for "hardcore" games, or because its too old or something.

Or, and hear me out here, Nintendo just wants to make the fans happy? And introduce some variety to the Switch's lineup? If Nintendo only cared about sales, we wouldn't have gotten any new IP in the first place, and the Switch would just be a Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon machine. Having variety is the Switch's strong suit.

Also, you're completely ignoring the fact that the Metroid Prime games are some of the highest rated video games of all time. People love the games. And Samus is an icon, whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.