• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Y'all seen this post? Do we think it's BS or nah?

DX8Uo0c.png

Dodoow

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if this has been discussed, but there's a dude over at r/GamingLeaksAndRumours who supposedly leaked the AC Direct/announcement, and claims the next general direct is 2nd week of March (and will feature MP4?? lmao)

DX8Uo0c.png
If that is true, MPT should be announced next week @ PAX

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Not sure if this has been discussed, but there's a dude over at r/GamingLeaksAndRumours who supposedly leaked the AC Direct/announcement, and claims the next general direct is 2nd week of March (and will feature MP4?? lmao)

DX8Uo0c.png
It didn't get announced in the morning though, right? And besides, pretty much half the internet predicted AC direct to be announced yesterday.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
MP4 in a March Direct would be a really really big surprise. I didn't expect the game to be released before second half of 2022 and due to that, I don't expect them to show it so early.

I also doubt about Pikmin 4 releasing this holiday. If they indeed release Pikmin 3 Deluxe somewhen this spring, then the gap between Pikmin 4 would be too small.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Emily has stated that H1 ends with a pretty big game, so XBC is definitely not the June release.
Depending on how much they remake, XBDE could be a big deal to Nintendo.
We'll see, but i'd find it weird for them to reveal>market>release a Big Game in 3 months.

Y'all seen this post?

DX8Uo0c.png
We've known about the 20th for ages though. Since the embargo leaked.
Dont listen to this guy.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah we know Pikmin 3 Deluxe is slated for sometime this year so there is no way they will release Pikmin 4 the same year. Also lol at the part that Metroid Prime 4 appearing in a March Direct is "no surprise". Literally no one expects MP4 to be shown anytime soon.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Figured. Once again, I fail to understand the psychology of someone risking their career on drunk gossip, but you never know.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
That leak seems fake, but right now a Direct in the first two weeks of March does seem like the most probable scenario, much as I want Zippo to be right.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
Yeah, he might be right about the week of the Direct just by chance. The MP4 thing seems ridiculous, it's an E3 game (E3 2020 or E3 2021).

Mar 23, 2018
Nintendo Ninjas

Sony Samurais

Xbox... Xenolawyers

Bring them all.

You didn't hear this from me but there's going to be a BRAND NEW Nintendo developed Mario game released in the next 24 months ;) try to stop that, Ninty

Wait, someone's calling at the door, haha, I'll be back in a

NintenDOOM

Jan 8, 2020
France
Do you really think they may be ready to show MP4?

Some rumours debunk themselves.

Since Sony is able to announce games with trailers 5 years before they release, why would it be impossible for Nintendo to show a brief story trailer or whatever? But it seems very unlikely considering the game will not release before the end of 2021 at the very best and they have other things to show (Bayonetta 3 or BOTW 2 for example).

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we actually know when exactly Retro restarted the development of MP4 though? Yeah, it was announced last January but Retro could have already been given the go-ahead on it a few months prior to that.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
I also doubt about Pikmin 4 releasing this holiday. If they indeed release Pikmin 3 Deluxe somewhen this spring, then the gap between Pikmin 4 would be too small.
Yeah we know Pikmin 3 Deluxe is slated for sometime this year so there is no way they will release Pikmin 4 the same year.
I think the pikmin situation is strange as so many sources have said that nintendo was planning on adding single player content to pikmin 3, which would make sense as by the end of the dlc they had so many new unique areas to explore but they were all bound to the very strict time limits of the bonus modes.
Also theres the whole pikmin 4 is almost ready situation.
Maybe they've decided it best to scrap pikmin 3 on switch and instead just alter and re-use those areas for pikmin 4? similar to how pikmin 2 reused a pikmin 1 area but altered it.
Either way pikmin surely has to come to switch soon.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Do we actually know when exactly Retro restarted the development of MP4 though? Yeah, it was announced last January but Retro could have already been given the go-ahead on it a few months prior to that.
That's true, but Nintendo said in their Youtube announcement last year not to expect any news for a long time. Even if Retro have been working on the game for 12 to 18 months by now, it'd still be at least 18 months from releasing - and that's assuming everything went swimmingly. It's difficult to be completely certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if Metroid Prime 4 only resurfaces next year ahead of a late 2021 or first-half 2022 launch. (edit) It was also said during that video that fans should expect the development time to be 'extensive' - so I really think the odds are against any news coming soon.

As for people saying Emily said the June title would be 'big', that's not accurate. On Twitter she said 'something good' - which doesn't mean big commercially. On this forum last month she said the release schedule picks up in May - so I'd expect the rate of first-party releases to begin to increase around then. All that being said, Nintendo have had some fairly high profile releases in June on Switch historically so it's a good window to expect a previously unannounced game.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So I guess the 2nd Direct of the Month is either Pokemon or an Indie right? Because fuck sanity, I don't want any game announcements or a general direct till E3.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The game was rebooted one year ago. Also, I dont see Nintendo releasing a CGI trailer for it when they have showed one with literally just the logo.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Nate, Do you personally think a general Direct next Thursday would be too close to PAX to showcase the revealed games there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.