• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, while i get my well earned night sleep they did announce a Direct out of nowhere? And whats with the insiders/leaker?

Anyone with a heart of gold for us poor Europeans kind enough to get me up to date?

Nelthar

Jan 14, 2020
As a fellow European here, let me tell you that we got UNPRECEDENTED announcement at our night time, so patterns are gone let the Chaos Reign!
also Zippo DIDNT say that Nintendo got mad on him and other insiders, so Nintendo DEFINITLY DIDNT sent Nintendo Ninjas after them, so they are NOT going radio silent until its safe out there... if there will be safe anywhere anytime soon that is...

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
There are like no Nintendo leaks at all right now, why would they be worried about leaks.

We know from the likes of Emily and Nate that Nintendo have been far more cautious over the last few years. I write video game reviews as a hobby and we went from getting review copies of every new Nintendo game to absolutely none in early 2018. My assumption when that happened was that they wanted to minimise the risk of small fries leaking stuff and so were only giving review copies to the big fish moving forward. Even Easy Allies has trouble getting Nintendo review copies these days.

I also vaguely recall an insider on here in the last six months say something about Nintendo feeding fake leaks to try and pinpoint where exactly insiders were getting there info from, but I may be misremembering. Wasn't Star Fox GP a result of such a fake leak? Maybe I dreamed it.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
Wow, feels cool to learn about a new Direct just by getting out of bed... even if it's just an AC Direct.

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
Sabi made a statement
Hey all! I deactivated the Sabi Twitter account.

It is not permanently gone, and do not be worried. I deactivated it because I will not be leaking Nintendo co ltd trade information again. I believe leaving the account deactivated for 1-2 weeks, it'll mean that when I reactive, the account will be slightly fresh and revigarated for non-leak tweets such as my journalism, reviews, memes, etc. I hope you understand. When I re-open my Twitter, I will likely post invites again.

(A final note for those unfamiliar, Twitter accounts can be reactivated within 30 days with absolutely no issues. When I reactivate, all followers and tweets will show up like nothing happened. Essentially, the account is just on a temporary hiatus to sort itself out as an account NOT dedicated to Nintendo leaks.)

Thank you so much for your understand,
FanG

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
We know from the likes of Emily and Nate that Nintendo have been far more cautious over the last few years. I write video game reviews as a hobby and we went from getting review copies of every new Nintendo game to absolutely none in early 2018. My assumption when that happened was that they wanted to minimise the risk of small fries leaking stuff and so were only giving review copies to the big fish moving forward. Even Easy Allies has trouble getting Nintendo review copies these days.

I also vaguely recall an insider on here in the last six months say something about Nintendo feeding fake leaks to try and pinpoint where exactly insiders were getting there info from, but I may be misremembering. Wasn't Star Fox GP a result of such a fake leak? Maybe I dreamed it.
I think it would make a lot of sense for that to be a fake leak. Also the one about Zelda being delayed to holiday 2017 and Odyssey being a switch launch title.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
General direct announcement 20 february 23:00 CET for 21 february 15:00 CET

edit: not a prediction or knowledge. Just with the AC announcement at a "new" time anything can happen.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exciting times ahead with Nintendo abandoning their announcement patterns.

This will be Nintendo when the next General Direct happens
tumblr_pxfc6f8BUg1uorz8zo5_500.gifv

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like we're really going to be entering into a leakless period for a while. Seems like all insiders have been driven off either by Nintendo or by obnoxious people on the internet or by just moving on with their lives.

Honestly it's a kind of impressive and a bit scary that Nintendo managed to control the leaks. I work for a company that's much larger than Nintendo that hasn't been able to put a stop to its leaks. Although maybe Nintendo's smaller size helps. But still, controlling the flow of information had always seemed like a futile task to me, and yet here we are.

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
No one follows them for any of that stuff so good luck maintaining an audience
At the risk of sounding crass, I can't say I've been too impressed with the writing I've seen from them neither on their Twitter, nor in their announcements on Discord. With myriad hapless typographical errors and lexicographic ineptitude that could easily be solved even with the basic usage of Grammarly, I wonder what sort of market they expect for themselves?

I wish them luck nonetheless, but I can't say I'll be watching for their memes, either.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Sabi is the perfect example why a lot of "insiders" on twitter are doing what they are doing. "Leak" something, build an audience and then reveal their true intent: wanting to amass a lot of followers so they can promote their job/art/youtube/patreon/paypal/twitch/whatever.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What if the AC Direct turns into a general Direct midway through?

We'll never be able to predict anything again.

pr9MSAF.gif

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So Nintendo is about to crack on the leakers? Too bad.

And the patterns regarding Directs are dead? Well, chaos reigns then.

Thanks for bringing me up to date.

AC direct got announced at 23:00 our time, so all patterns are moot.
Also, what kind of a poor European are you that you anit awake till at least midnight, constantly refreshing the Nintendo Twitter for a Direct announcement ?

Married, 3 children, fulltime job. Aka an in the evenings very very tired one. :[

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't he supposed to stop "Nintendo leaks" after E3?

Did they actually "leak" anything substantial regarding Nintendo besides the parroting of stuff that has been mentioned here or somewhere else already?
I still have to cringe whenever I see the tweet where Sabi "confirmed" (lmao) that King Zell's information from January 2019 that BotW2 is internally planned for a 2020 release is correct.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe i'll remember wrong, but wasn't Nintendo actually the only thing Sabi didn't completely leak (or even leak anything) last E³? They destroyed the other events in terms of leaks at least.

My condolences, but not really since a family and a fulltime job are kinda the opposite of something bad.
We can sleep when we are dead.

Oh sure, i love my family, most important thing in my life. But i do have to admit that my gaming time has been steadily decreasing due to various reasons linked to everything.
Fell alseep on monday evening while playing the Three Houses DLC ... at least it's a turn-based game so i didn't meet a Game Over screen when waking up again. ^^

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
RE Emily's tweet: she said in a post here last month that the Switch line-up picks up around May onwards, so her tweet reiterates what's she's already told us - though I guess the 'something good' could be considered new. That being said, we've also had notable titles launch every June/July from Nintendo on Switch: Arms & Splatoon 2 in 2017, Mario Tennis: Aces & Octopath Traveler in 2018, Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 & Fire Emblem: Three Houses last year. It makes sense that Nintendo have some good things line up for Q2.

I'm not 100% convinced there's a game lined up for April, but I wouldn't be surprised when things pick up in May and June. Xenoblade DE looks like it could be late May, and Nintendo could have a couple of things lined up for June. If there is an April retail game, I'd expect it to be the Pikmin 3 port.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
It makes sense that Nintendo have some good things line up for Q2.

Yeah, it seems this year is going to be really similar to the last one: very little on the first half, but a strong second half (just what that will entail will remain a mystery until the general direct, of course). The only difference is Animal Crossing, last year we didn't have any major release before June.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like and think is feasible:
April: Pikmin 3 "inset subtitle here"
May: Xenoblade Chronicles DE
June: New Mario Golf

A June release would mark 2 years since Aces came out. I know that game got dlc, but it was mostly smaller stuff. Aces was fantastic and I'd be more into a golf game as is. I'd love to have a Golf game for the Summer.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
man it's ANYONE'S guess about what happens now. We could get a general Direct next week! Or the next day! or in March!

The lesson here is

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo leaving the usual announcement pattern behind means that this thread is going to get even more crazy in the future. lol

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
So, when do you think the Kingdom Hearts collection is going to release?

/s

Don't... I've been waiting for that for so long, especially after seeing how well FFXII ran

At this stage I believe we'll get a direct within the next two weeks, and since we have that 2 directs in February thing I hope next week...but might be a nindies and early march the big thing

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did Zippo edit all of his posts saying he was leaving/Nintendo was cracking down on insiders to say nevermind? Does that mean he's sticking around after all?

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
I think more along these lines:
- April: Metroid Prime Trilogy (Download only)
- May: Pikmin 3 Deluxe
- June: Xenoblade

Fall 2020: Super Mario 3D World + Bayonetta 3 + more

Nelthar

Jan 14, 2020
Btw i hope that Pax will bring us Nindies Direct, and maybe Hollow Knight Silksong annoucement and release date? Maybe? Please?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Nintendo hasn't announced their PAX line-up yet and apparently their booth is bigger this year leads me to believe that there might be a general Direct next week. Someone mentioned it already yesterday but it would be nice to have a E3 styled event for PAX which means Direct followed by a Treehouse live segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.