• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
4f014faa816c19d55d97f0dc48ab534f.png

HOLY SMOKES TOM NOOK CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

(lol)

wasn't this posted after the presentation announcement? lol

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
Reddit rumor that predicted this week's Direct:

Removeddit

If accurate, the general Direct will be the second week of March and will feature Metroid Prime 4.

Wasn't announced in the morning; everyone guessed they'd do something regarding AC this Thursday bc of the embargo; way to name the 2 most anticipated games, even though MP4 has been in redevelopment for a year and a Pikmin 3 port has been more reliably rumoured.

I hope I'm proven wrong bc the build your own town thing is exactly what I was hoping for, but again it's just pandering to everyone's hopes.

EDIT: Anticipated is the wrong word but I can't quite think what is

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
yeah, along with others, I would be extremely surprised if Nintendo showed Metroid Prime 4. They wouldn't dare show it again until it's very far along and maybe even close to shipping, and it didn't even start full production at Retro that long ago.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, along with others, I would be extremely surprised if Nintendo showed Metroid Prime 4. They wouldn't dare show it again until it's very far along and maybe even close to shipping, and it didn't even start full production at Retro that long ago.
They wouldn't and that "rumor" has no credibility. Saying the direct will show paper mario and metroid 5 would have been better for a fake leak.

Mar 23, 2018
Not
even
Nintendo
knows it

And we have one more thing to announce so check out *checks Direct script from 2 months ago* Metroid Prime 4?

Eric Andre: Shinya Takahashi
Morpheus Buress: Metroid Prime 4 showing up

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I don't believe at all that Metroid Prime 4 will be in the next Direct.
I concur. That makes that rumor bogus in my opinion. If what the post says about what's actually in the AC Direct is true (about how shops come to the island), then there might be some reason to believe it's true. But I doubt it even still because mentioning that an AC Direct will discuss shops isn't that big of a leap to make.

JakeDF2

Feb 15, 2020
I mentioned it in OT5: it's possible that Nintendo just shadow drops the Direct, like they did with the January 2018 miniDirect. No announcement, no fanfare, just "you can watch it now"... There is precedent.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Ok, AC Thursday. Patterns are no more... either next Week or early March Direct... yeah seems to be right🤔

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Criticizing things you like is normal.
I agree, but you're not addressing the comments I am. People are complaining that Nintendo isn't making the types of games they like, saying they are angry, things of that nature. I don't enjoy Call of Duty so to go into CoD threads saying I want infinity ward to make something else would be dumb.

JakeDF2

Feb 15, 2020
Wait, I just saw the news. An AC Direct announced at 5PM EST? Okay, I guess this is anarchy

Oct 27, 2017
So who's on Team March Direct now?

I was expecting a regular direct with a Animal Crossing influence, but with us getting an Animal Crossing focused direct, that probably completes Nintendo's lineup for the first half of the year (I could maybe see Xenoblade Definitive Edition in May?)

But ultimately, with Animal Crossing being near release and having all they need to say about it, I don't imagine they'll have a lot to share in terms of reveals for a general direct this month.

Feels like the perfect time for a Direct Mini, that's a format they really should utilize more.

Status
Not open for further replies.