• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
Hey everybody,

Yes, this is a serious post.

I know I've written way too many posts like this, to the point that nobody should take them seriously. I don't blame you at all. However, after this morning, I've decisively concluded that I don't want to participate in this topic anymore.

It has been an addiction for me, no doubt. I've come back to it time and time again because of my own weakness to this addiction, and I feel that my instincts which tell me not to participate have been right. I'm tired of being the fool, being mocked and ridiculed for sharing my bad, unpopular, and misguided opinions. I'm tired of fostering a bad reputation with significant people who know better than most how stupid my opinions are, including someone from a YouTube channel of which I have very fond and nostalgic memories (yes, I'm pretty young).

I'm most tired, as some in this topic could attest (especially Dark Cloud), of giving the impression that I'm trolling. I may seem disingenuous because of my own overly anxious and self-doubting posting habits and thought patterns, and I'm tired of worsening people's experience on the forum because of it. It is irresponsible to both myself and to the community I've grown to care about to continue posting, due to my own immaturity and sporadic mental health.

I'll still pay my dues. I owe chase beck a french toast sock video and EliR a video of me drinking my own urine, humiliatingly. My hubris is truly boundless. I'll post these when I get around to filming them, but otherwise I'm finally out, at least until I can get my head straight and stop making a fool of myself to everyone here. I can't handle the heat, and I'm finally getting out of the kitchen, as it were.

Nick / Raccoon

P.S. I apologize to the dozens of people reading who are now thinking whogivesashit_harrsionford.gif.

edit: Man, I did not want this to be at the top of the page

Racoon, I believe no one here wants you out this OT, even less ResetERA. You´re a cool person who is struggling. If someone mess with you, you should report them. I mean, I never was in the impression you were trolling. Neither everyone else, as it seems. If you want to take distance because it feels it would help you, do it by all means! But don´t do anything that could make you worse in any sense.

I´m speaking by myself, but I´m more than sure that nobody wants you out of this community. So, please, do what makes you happy. If it´s posting anything here, do it. But don´t harm yourself.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This is why we need to play video games to pass the time and not go crazy like this cmon guys, think about those lonely video games waiting to be played and you're here not playing them.

They have children, a family to feed, a life to live.

Please just go play a video game
I want those games to be revealed by nintendo then.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I'll still pay my dues. I owe chase beck a french toast sock video and EliR a video of me drinking my own urine, humiliatingly. My hubris is truly boundless. I'll post these when I get around to filming them, but otherwise I'm finally out, at least until I can get my head straight and stop making a fool of myself to everyone here. I can't handle the heat, and I'm finally getting out of the kitchen, as it were.

Absolutely no one wants to see you drinking your urine. It's been a joke, don't treat it seriously.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are only two rules to directs.

• If a Direct happens, it was always meant to happen that day.
  • If a Direct doesn't happen, it was never meant to happen that day.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed that going after insiders does nothing good for anyone. Sometimes it is better to just step back and relax.

|OT6| Please just go and play some games

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Hey everybody,

I know I've written way too many posts like this, to the point that nobody should take them seriously. I don't blame you at all. However, after this morning, I've decisively concluded that I don't want to participate in this topic anymore.

It has been an addiction for me, no doubt. I've come back to it time and time again because of my own weakness to this addiction, and I feel that my instincts which tell me not to participate have been right. I'm tired of being the fool, being mocked and ridiculed for sharing my bad, unpopular, and misguided opinions. I'm tired of fostering a bad reputation with significant people who know better than most how stupid my opinions are, including someone from a YouTube channel of which I have very fond and nostalgic memories (yes, I'm pretty young).

I'm most tired, as some in this topic could attest (especially Dark Cloud), of giving the impression that I'm trolling. I may seem disingenuous because of my own overly anxious and self-doubting posting habits and thought patterns, and I'm tired of worsening people's experience on the forum because of it. It is irresponsible to both myself and to the community I've grown to care about to continue posting, due to my own immaturity and sporadic mental health.

Nick / Raccoon

P.S. I apologize to the dozens of people reading who are now thinking whogivesashit_harrsionford.gif.

You most certainly should take a step back from all of this. Rest for a while and enjoy other things.
These threads definitely aren't good for anyone's (mental) health if you're too invested.

Jan 27, 2019
also Raccoon, please dont do those degrading acts over something as small as this.

Please take care of your mental health first and foremost, no Lack of Direct is worth treating yourself that poorly.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just insanely salty and disappointed about the paper mario news. Go from thinking we could finally get real paper mario back...now this. I just want something to be happy and excited about...

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody,

Nick / Raccoon

I think you have an unhealthy relationship with this thread and definitely need a break.

Also don't drink your own urine.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
If mods have vetted Zippo I won't question him. I just think it's important to not believe everyone just because you want to believe

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
See thats the bit I dont get at all, as nice as they are told, lies and disinformation are still lies and disinformation, why would one be thankful about that?

Just because you've convinced yourself his info is "lies and disinformation" (despite the fact that nothing he's claimed so far has actually been false yet) doesn't mean he was lying.

Let me submit to you a scenario:

You have a really good friend whom you've known for like 15 years. He gets a job in the video game industry, maybe at Nintendo. You get lunch with him one day and he says, "dude, I shouldn't be telling you this but there will be two Directs in February."

You say to him, "wow, that's great to hear! I've been wondering when they will finally share some information." Then you realize there is a forum of hundreds/thousands of people here who have been agonizing over when the Direct will finally drop. You say, "do you mind if I share this information on ResetEra? People are really going crazy trying to predict when the Direct will be."

Your friend says, "sure, I don't mind. Just don't tell them whom you heard it from." You agree and go home. You then share this information on Era, with the intention of calming everybody down so that they don't go crazy with speculation and anticipation.

February passes and there is only one Direct (or none, even). Are you a liar? No. Is your source a liar? Or did something change behind the scenes? You wouldn't know for sure without asking your source.

Basically, Zippo has not once indicated any inkling of being malicious or deceitful. He has been thoroughly transparent with us about how he still stands by his source. Why is your default assumption that he lied, rather than that Nintendo's plans could have changed (as they do constantly)?

If you want some german part of the OT, how about "OT6 | Die Direct, Die"?

This one I will take under advisement.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Color Splash and Pikmin 3 Deluxe would make for one hell of an Arlo reaction
giphy.gif

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hey everybody,

Nick / Raccoon

bro don't drink your own piss bro

it's just video game commercial speculation online bro don't drink the piss

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Man this thread is making me wonder how any of you would have survived the days of the NINTENDO REVOLUTON SPECULATOIN

All the blogs peddling fake leaks, fake insiders, hopes, dreams of "mature Nintendo games", and in the era where the Gamecube wasn't doing too hot...

That and the NX speculuation is like 10000x more painful than waiting for a Nintendo Direct about a successful system that gets tons of games every week :P

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Man this thread is making me wonder how any of you would have survived the days of the NINTENDO REVOLUTON SPECULATOIN

All the blogs peddling fake leaks, fake insiders, hopes, dreams of "mature Nintendo games", and in the era where the Gamecube wasn't doing too hot...

That and the NX speculuation is like 10000x more painful than waiting for a Nintendo Direct about a successful system that gets tons of games every week :P
The TREES!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Tons of games per week?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Godpseed Raccoon . Know you will always have a place here if you want to come back, and that most of us are quite fond of you.

And please, for the love of god don't actually drink your piss. Unless it's a Bear Grylls-esque survival situation.

Just drink Natty Light.

Actually don't even do that.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody,

Nick / Raccoon

Hey. I like you Raccoon.

Please take care of yourself and not drink your own piss.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I seriously hope this piss drinking part they were referring to wasn't really all too serious... Was it?

Jan 27, 2019

Ah yes, r/tommorow was a hot breeding grounds for NX information that turned out either true or just straight up bullshit. Tbf, it's only because the Wii U was just failing behind that any NX information I looked at I took it like gospel.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
I can understand being jaded but I don't care enough to teach how to be civil on the internet no more than you care to be patronized.
Thanks for patronizing me by replying!

Who is jaded?, its just videogames :], I just think that as posted above people need to excercize sceptiscism, i will be as happy as anyone when we get something announced.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I wasn't as involved in gaming during the revolution speculation days. Most of my game playing back then was PS2 football games and my N64.

Now the NX.... Yea that was a completely different level that IMO we have never come close to reaching since the Switch was fully revealed Jan. 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.